Dance With Me in This Rain

Old Habits Die Hard

The sound of car horns outside woke me up slowly the next day. I groaned, snuggling my head against the soft pillow, hoping I'd go back to sleep. But I didn't. Instead, I just laid there, under the comfy covers, staring up at the ceiling.

I then sighed, sitting up. My head perked up slightly once a faint sound met my ears.

Voices?

I slowly pushed the covers off me and slid out of bed, walking up to my door and pressing my ear against it. No, I wasn't being crazy! I heard voices coming from inside my house.

I inhaled deeply, turning the knob on my door and tiptoed out of my room. I grabbed an umbrella that was leaning against the hall wall and gripped it tightly as I made my way towards the living room.

"Holy shit, Bella, what are you doing?!" A very familiar voice screeched suddenly.

I must've jumped about 50 million feet in the air. I let out a high pitched scream, clutching the umbrella tighter.

There I was, in the middle of my living room, wide-eyed. Four boys were sitting on my couch, each with horrified expressions on their faces.

"W-What the...g-guys?" I stuttered, lowering my shaky arm and dropping the umbrella next to my feet.

Before I could even say another word, they all burst out laughing. Bill got up from his seat and made his way towards me.

"You okay, kid?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and chuckling.

"I'm-I'm fine... Jesus, you scared the crap out of me! I thought someone broke into my apartment!" I squeaked, putting a hand to my chest. Bill suddenly put on a serious expression, rubbing my back gently.

Tom snorted in laughter. "Haha, so you were gonna beat them with your little umbrella?"

I glared at him and stuck my tongue out before turning to Bill again.

"Hi." I smiled at my best friend.

He grinned toothily and embraced me in a warm and friendly hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I replied into his chest.

"Ahem," Georg and Gustav said from their spot on the couch. "What about us? Didn't you miss us?" Georg pouted.

I laughed, releasing my grip from Bill.

"Of course I missed you!"

I ran towards them and pulled them both into a tight hug.

Tom coughed from his spot on the recliner. I let go of the boys and turned towards him.

"What, no hug?" He said with a slight air of sarcasm, pretending to feel hurt.

"No. This," I said, walking over to him and pulling his hat down, so it covered his face.

"Hey! What the hell?" He said, adjusting his Yankees cap on his head. "What was that for?"

"For being Tom Kaulitz," I replied simply.

Tom was about to say something but I quickly interrupted. "So, how the hell did you guys get in here?" I turned to Bill.

"You gave me a key the last time we were here, remember?" Bill pulled out an ordinary key from his pocket and held it up.

"Oh. Right," I said, shaking my head. "You know, you could've at least called before coming over. I'm still in my jammies for Christ's sake!" I looked down at myself.

"So what?" Bill shrugged, sitting back down on the couch. "I've seen you in your jammies before, Bella."

I sighed. "I just don't think it's appropriate. I mean, I haven't seen you guys for a while and when I finally do, I'm not even fully clothed."

Tom tilted his head and shot me a sly grin. "Looks good to me."

I scoffed, pushing him back, making him fall on the couch. "Shut up."

The guys just laughed at our usual behavior towards each other.

I scanned the living room, now realizing the mess those boys had made. Soda cans were scattered on the coffee table and a big bag of potato chips was on the floor.

"So I see you've already made yourselves comfortable," I said sarcastically.

"Well, while we were waiting for you to get up, we sorta got hungry," Georg replied with an innocent smile.

"Hey, it's all Georg's fault! He's the slob!" Tom said, pointing to Georg.

"I am not!" He replied in a childish manner, crossing his arms.

"Are too!"

"Why am I a slob?"

Tom scoffed. "Oh please. You barely even shower."

This made Georg laugh. "Whatever, dude."

"Look Bella, we're sorry. We'll clean it up," Bill said, laughing as he grabbed the soda cans and put them under his arm.

I smiled. "Thank you, Bill."

"No prob."

I then turned to Tom, noticing him staring at me oddly.

I crossed my arms over my chest, cocking an eyebrow. "What?"

He shrugged. "Nothing."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I'll never understand that kid.

Bill came back from the kitchen a couple minutes later and flopped down on the couch. He noticed me and Tom glaring at each other.

He pulled Tom's hat down just like I had before, causing me to laugh.

"Dammit, why does everyone keep doing that!" Tom exclaimed, shoving his brother.

"It's fun, bro." Bill laughed.

Tom mumbled profanities under his breath and shook his head.

"Come on, Bella. Go get dressed. We're taking you out," Bill said, ignoring his brother.

"Oh really? Where?" I smiled.

Bill shrugged. "Just, out. Now hurry!" He said, shooting up from the couch and grabbing my shoulders, leading me out of the living room.

"Okay, okay! I'm going!" I laughed, walking back to my room with Bill following. I stopped at the door of my room and looked at Bill. "You seriously think you're coming in?! Go wait for me in the living room like the rest of the guys!"

I shoved Bill out of my room as he whined like a spoiled child.

"Fine! But just hurry!" He said, walking away.

I shut the door to my room and ran over towards my small closet, scanning around for some decent clothes. After a few minutes, I decided on wearing my jeans that were ripped on the knees, along with a Green Day shirt and my worn out converses.

I left my hair down and quickly put on some eyeliner before bolting out of my room.

"Alright, I'm ready!" I said, entering the living room.

"Hey, that didn't take too long!" Bill said, coming over and putting his arm around my shoulders.

"When have I ever taken too long to get dressed?" I questioned with an odd stare.

"Yeah Bill. She's not like every other girl who spends at least 476327292 hours on her hair!" Georg said.

"I'll take that as a compliment," I said, smiling.

"Come on, let's go!" Tom squealed, pushing past me and Bill and running over to the elevator.

"Jeez Bill, did you give Tom chocolate again?" Gustav laughed as we all stepped out of the apartment.

"No...although I did see him chewing madly on gummy worms on our way over here," Bill said, putting a finger on his chin.

"Oh, I love gummy worms!" I squealed, clapping my hands. "You got some on you, Billy Boy?"

Bill stared at me weirdly before shaking his head. "I swear, you're just as bad as Tom."

I pushed him playfully.

"How about this, if you behave today, I'll buy you some gummy worms," Georg said, pulling on my hand as we got into the elevator.

"Oh, but I always behave, Georgy." I grinned evily, ruffling his incredibly straight hair.

"Oh how I wish that were true," Gustav stated quietly, shaking his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hoping for the best, just hoping nothing happens
A thousand clever lines unread on clever napkins.