Dance With Me in This Rain

Stay Up and Get Down

"Ugh, I'm so exhausted!" Clara sighed dramatically, as she collapsed on the messy bed. She took off her shoes, tossing them aimlessly. As they flew across the room, one nearly hit me on the head, but fortunately, I ducked just in time.
"Of course you're exhausted. You made the boys show you around forever and you didn't even stop once to take a break," I said with a laugh, as I set my bag down on the couch and collapsed on it.
She laughed. "Yeah, but I was just so excited. It's not everyday that I find myself in Europe. Especially Germany."
I laughed, shaking my head. "It really is beautiful here. Too bad we know shit about german."
"Oh, that's not true! We know some. Remember, Bill told us he'd teach us some of the basics. And," She said, as she quickly jumped off the bed and headed over to her bag, which she had randomly thrown over by the door, "I bought this. Surely, it'll help."
She held up a small thick book in her hands, grinning widely at me.
I squinted my eyes, trying to tell what it was. "Don't tell me. You actually bought a dictionary?"
She rolled her eyes. "Duh. Now, if the guys say something in german to us, we'll just look it up." She patted the front cover of the dictionary, which had the picture of a german flag and an american one.
"So, are you just gonna carry that thing around with you wherever you go?" I laughed.
"Well, yes."
I laughed again. I could just imagine it. The boys would start a conversation amongst themselves, in german, and Clara would be flipping through the pages of the dictionary, trying to catch every word.
Tell me that's not comedy.
"You can laugh all you want, Bella. But we'll see who laughs last when I leave Germany speaking fluent german," She said, a bit annoyed by my reaction.
"Sure, sure," I said, putting my legs up on the couch, as I kicked off my converses.
Clara went back over to her bed, this time laying on her stomach.
"So what about you," She started saying, catching my attention, "Did you enjoy yourself today?"
I smiled. "Of course. I love spending time with the boys. And now that we're in Germany, it's even better," I said with a wink.
"They're awesome, aren't they," She said, with a sigh, as she rested her chin on her hands. "I kinda miss Tom, though."
My eyes widened, and I felt suddenly stiff laying on the couch.
"Hmm," I said, "That's weird. Considering he's in the room right next to ours."
Of course, I made it sound like a joke, with the best intention of making her laugh.
She rolled her eyes. "Ugh, Bella, you know what I mean. Like, I still can't understand why he broke it off so quickly, you know? We've only gone out for a couple of weeks and-"
"A month," I said blankly, interrupting her sentence. "You guys went out for a month."
She looked at me weirdly. I then realized I had interrupted her unintentionally.
Oops.
"Yeah, a month. Whatever...anyways. I just don't get why he did it." She began playing with her hands, in thought.
I bit my lip, hoping she wouldn't question me about anything.
"Bella?" She said after a few minutes of silence.
"Hmm?"
"Did he tell you anything? I mean, I know you guys are friends and he probably tells you alot of things. Did he say why he broke up with me?"
I mentally screamed. Why, why, why. Why did she have to ask me that?
Oh, well, you see. He broke up with you because of me. He likes me and now we're secretly dating.
Yes, I can see it now. Me telling her that. She'd probably kill me right there on the couch.
Choose your words carefully, Bella.
"No. He didn't," I said monotonously.
Clara made a face. A sad one. "You sure?"
I sighed. "Clara, why would I lie to you? Tom didn't say anything to me. And plus, why would he when he has a twin brother who he can tell absolutely everything to?"
Clara's head perked up slightly, and her eyes widened to the point where they looked huge.
"So...you think maybe Bill knows the reason?" She asked.
I mentally slapped myself right across the face. I told you to use your words carefully, you idiot! Now she's gonna go to Bill looking for answers!
Ugh, me and my big mouth.
"Umm....you know, Clara. Maybe now's not the time to get worked up about Tom. You're in Germany. Enjoy it. I mean, weren't you the one who said you were over him and you're gonna find another german guy and marry him?" I said quickly, trying to get her mind off the break up. Knowing Clara, she really would go to Bill. And of course, Bill wouldn't know how to respond. What if they'd start suspecting of things?
That wouldn't be good at all.
Clara twisted her blond hair around her finger, looking thoughtful again. "Yeah, you're right. I should just accept Tom as a friend and go on with my life. I mean, who knows. He might just realize the mistake he made in breaking up and decide to get back together."
I swallowed the huge lump which had lodged itself in my throat.
"Y-yeah." I didn't know what else to say.
Lying to Clara was the hardest thing to do. And I hated every minute of it.

___

"Okay. Who's your favorite superhero?" Bill asked Clara.
We were all sitting on the floor of Bill and Tom's hotel room, in a circle. We were just talking about random things, until Bill decided to ask everyone who their favorite superhero was.
Clara made a funny face. "I'm not really into superheros."
The four guys suddenly gasped, causing me to laugh and Clara to eye them weirdly.
Their faces were priceless. As if someone just told them that Santa wasn't real.
"What? But you gotta like superheros, Clara! How could you not?!" Georg said, waving his arms.
"I don't know. I mean, what's so special about them?" She said with a shrug.
"They save lives. Duh," Bill said, rolling his eyes. "Everyone has a favorite superhero."
"I don't. They don't even exist," Clara said. She noticed the guys looking at her in disbelief and that's when she laughed. "What?" She asked innocently.
"You shouldn't have said that," Georg said, shaking his head. "Now one superhero died because of you."
She raised an eyebrow.
"Ugh, Georg. You're getting the superhero stuff mixed with Peter Pan. You see, in the story of Peter Pan, if you say that fairies don't exist, then one dies. Not a superhero," I explained, rolling my eyes with a laugh.
Georg looked at me confusingly, until realization finally dawned on him. "Oh yeah! You're right."
Everyone laughed. "Wow, Bella's good," Gustav said.
"Well, I do love Peter Pan," I said with a smile.
"Is Peter Pan a superhero?" Tom asked, putting a finger on his chin in thought.
"Not really. He's more of a Disney character. But he can be a superhero...for kids. He's not so fond of grown-ups," I said. "That's why he lives far away in Neverland. No adult knows where that is."
Bill smiled. "You sound like a kid."
I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. That may have proved me to be immature. But I didn't care.
The boys laughed. "What about you, Bella? Who's your favorite superhero?" Bill asked.
"Spiderman," I answered with no hesitation. I kinda always had a thing for Peter Parker ever since the movie came out.
"Why Spiderman?" Tom asked, fairly interested.
I shrugged. "Because he can climb walls. And he shoots his super cool spidey web," I said.
"Ugh, Spiderman is so whiny," Clara said. "He just whines all the time about why he's a superhero and he's, like, obsessed with that red head chick-"
"Mary Jane," I cut in, nodding. "Yeah, he loves her. But you know, every superhero loves someone. It's cute."
Clara just shrugged.
"Bella, you're like a nerd," Georg said, laughing. "It's funny."
I rolled my eyes. "Shut up."
We talked about even more random things and then, when we ran out of subjects, Bill smartly suggested that we should rent some movies.
Everyone agreed at once. We were really bored.
"Okay, who wants to go with me to the video store?" Bill asked, as everyone got up. No one answered, as we all looked too lazy.
"Lazy asses," Bill said, rolling his eyes.
Clara groaned. "Fine, Bill. I'll go."
Bill nodded.
"Anyone else?" He asked, looking over at me then at Tom, who just scratched his neck absent-mindedly.
"I guess I'll go, too. I wanna buy some candy," Georg said with a shrug.
"All right. We'll be back soon," Bill said to Tom, Gustav and me. "Any specific movies you guys want?" He asked.
I shrugged. "Not really."
"Just please try not to get any drama or romance. Stick with horror and comedy," Tom told his brother with a wink. So I guess his mind wasn't totally absent.
"Okay. Bye guys," Bill said, as he, Georg and Clara walked out the door of the hotel room. Clara waved at me before they all disappeared, leaving me and Tom standing next to each other and Gustav, who sat himself on the couch, staring at the TV.
"Hey look, Spongebob's on!" Gustav said, pointing at the screen, which showed the opening credits and the theme song playing.
I looked over at Tom, who apparently had no interest in watching Spongebob at that moment. He looked like he was staring off into space. Probably had his mind on something else.
I stared at him, trying to make out what he was thinking. He then looked at me, no longer thinking, a sly grin appearing on his face.
I raised an eyebrow.
He pointed to the door with his head, motioning for me to follow him out the room. I looked at him weirdly then over at Gustav, who seemed very interested in the episode of Spongebob.
"What about Gustav?" I mouthed to Tom.
He shook his head and once more motioned for me to follow.
"Hey, Gustav. I'll be right back, man. I'm gonna go see if there's something to eat downstairs," Tom said, before he walked out the door. But not before waving for me to come along too.
I stuffed my hands in my pockets, rocking back and forth on my feet, looking at Gustav again. I was a little worried he'd suspect something, but then again, he had his eyes practically glued to the TV screen.
Relax, Bella. He didn't even notice Tom telling him he'd be going downstairs.
I listened to my good conscience talking and nodded to myself.
"I'll be right back, okay Gustav?" I said to him. He just nodded and suddenly laughed at something that Spongebob had said. Of course I didn't understand a word Spongebob was saying since it was all in german. Though I had already watched that episode once before.
I laughed quietly at Gustav's childishness before I left the room, leaving the door slightly opened behind me.
Once I was in the corridor, I looked around, trying to find Tom. He seemed to be nowhere in sight. I crossed my arms, walking forward, and looking back and forth to see if he was there. But he wasn't.
"Tom?" I said, as I continued walking. "Tom?!" I said a little louder.
I sighed, pressing the elevator button to go down, but then suddenly, a hand grabbed me from behind, causing me to squeal.
Tom burst out in laughter, holding himself up by his knees. "You're so easy, Bella."
I grumbled, crossing my arms once again, and giving him a glare.
"Aw, don't get mad. I was only messing with you. You're easy," He said with a grin, as he slipped an arm around my shoulders.
"You already said that," I muttered, making him laugh once more.
He then kissed my cheek and leaned his head on mine. "I miss you."
I looked at him weirdly, though a small smile was creeping up on my face. "I'm right next to you."
He chuckled. "I know. But I miss being alone with you. Without the guys around," He explained, picking up a lock of my hair and playing with it.
"Oh," I said. "But we're alone now."
He smiled. "Let's enjoy it while we can," He said, before he grabbed one of my hands and pulled me into the elevator once it arrived.
"What do you mean by enjoy?" I asked, looking at him suspiciously.
He shrugged. "Make out."
I shook my head with a laugh. "Tom Kaulitz, the man whore."
"Hey!" He playfully shoved me. "I'm your whore though, right?"
I laughed. "Whatever."
He grinned, leaning his head on mine again. "You're so short."
I gasped mockingly. "I am not!"
"Okay, okay. You're not short. You're......vertically challenged?" He flinched, thinking I was gonna hit him, but I didn't. I just shook my head.
"Very funny."
"I think so," He said with a grin.
"Is it me that's too short or is it you that's too tall?" I asked, eyeing him up and down.
He smirked. "You're right. I'm too tall for you. I guess I should find another girlfriend. A taller one," He joked, sticking his tongue out at me.
My expression slowly changed. I now had a slight look of....confusion. Well, not really confusion but, realization perhaps.
I had never actually referred to Tom as being my boyfriend. Not that I had anyone to tell that he was my boyfriend, but still. And, honestly, it was quite weird hearing him say the word girlfriend.
I made the sentence up in my head: Tom Kaulitz is my boyfriend. And I'm his girlfriend.
I stood still, still pondering over that sentence, realizing how nice it sounded in my head.
"What's wrong? You're not mad that I said that thing about finding a new girlfriend, are you?" He asked, staring at me. "I'm sorry. I was just kidding."
I suddenly slipped back into reality, hearing him say that. "No, no," I said quickly, rubbing his arm to show him I wasn't at all mad. "I was just thinking again."
His face loosened up and a small smile appeared on his gorgeous face. "Oh. What were you thinking about?"
"Nothing important," I said, as we stepped out of the elevator once it arrived down at the first floor.
Tom took my hand, causing me to stumble back a bit. "Oh come on. Tell me what you were thinking."
"Ah, Tom. Really, it's no biggie."
"Is it about me?" He guessed, smirking.
I rolled my eyes. "Why do you think that?"
He shrugged. "You're saying you don't think about me?"
"No!" I said a bit loudly, making him laugh.
"Then it is about me, isn't it?"
I sighed. "Yeah."
He smiled. "Tell me what it is."
He really wasn't gonna let this go, was he?
"Well......in the elevator when you said the word girlfriend, it kinda got me thinking."
He nodded, expecting me to proceed with my explanation.
"I just never heard you say that before," I said quietly, feeling a bit embarrassed.
He looked at me confusingly. "That's it?"
I shrugged. "Yeah."
"Are you scared of the word or something? Bella, what did you think you were? My own personal fuck buddy?" He laughed.
I rolled my eyes. "I knew you wouldn't take this seriously."
He stopped laughing and eyed me, a serious expression growing on his face. "Sorry. I am taking it seriously, though. Of course you're my girlfriend. My awesome girlfriend," He said, squeezing my hand warmly.
I felt my cheeks going red. "And you're.....my horny boyfriend," I teased.
He laughed. "True. We make a pretty messed up couple, don't we?"
"We do?" I asked with a laugh. "How so?"
"You're just so perfectly......perfect. And I'm just a horny moron," He said, shaking his head.
I laughed again. "Ugh, Tom. We've all got our flaws."
"But you don't."
I snorted. "Right."
"Bella, be serious for a second. You're totally flawless."
I arched an eyebrow, feeling my cheeks getting redder by the second.
"I'm not even gonna respond to that," I said with a laugh. "But thanks," I said, as I pulled him down and kissed him gently on the lips.
It was funny. Whenever I wanted to kiss him, I would always have to pull him down or stand on my tippy toes.
Guess he was right. I amshort vertically challenged.
He smiled into the kiss, and rested a hand on my back. "Let's go make out in the coat closet!" He suddenly said, breaking away from the kiss.
I rolled my eyes, sighing. "You do realize that we're already making out," I said, stating the obvious.
"I know. But we can't get freaky while everyone's watching!" He said with a mischevious grin.
I hit him on the shoulder, making him squeal. "No one's getting freaky, Kaulitz!"
He sighed, rolling his eyes. "Fine."
"Let's go back upstairs. I'm sure Gustav noticed by now that we're not up there with him," I said with a quiet laugh.
He nodded. "Okay."
Then he grabbed my hand and we both went back to the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
The looks you give are so contagious
The way we move is so outrageous
Just let me in
We're wasting time.