Dance With Me in This Rain

You Know You've Got It

The elevator doors opened once we were back upstairs, and Tom and I stepped out. I began walking ahead of him, in hopes of reaching the room as quick as possible. I was so worried that Gustav might decide to come out and look for us.
As I walked, Tom's arms suddenly grabbed hold of me, pulling me back. I stumbled back into his arms and we were both standing there in the middle of the corridor.
"Tom," I whined, as he began kissing my neck softly. "Come on."
Tom laughed. "Why should I stop? You're so enjoying this."
I rolled my eyes. "But Gustav-"
"Ugh, forget Gustav! I don't think that boy even saw us leaving the room. It's fine. Let's just hang out here until the guys and Clara get back," He said, resting his chin on my shoulder.
I looked at him. The smile he was expecting to appear on my face did appear.
He then smiled triumphantly, making me giggle.
Well, he got what he wanted: my smile.
"Okay, fine. Let's stay out here," I gave in, turning around in his arms and resting my head on his chest. His arms secured themselves around me, making me feel like the safest human being standing.
"I am by your side. Just for a little while," He began singing one of Tokio Hotel's songs, while laughing. He then stopped and started playing with my hair absent-mindedly.
"Aww. Don't stop," I said. "I love that song."
"I'm a terrible singer," He said with a laugh. "I guess that's how God wanted it: me with the good looks and Bill with the good voice."
I laughed. "You can't say you're the only good looking one. Bill is your twin. So automatically, he's good looking, too."
"So you think he's better looking than me?" He gasped mockingly.
I shoved him playfully, but brought him back closer to me. "You both are hot. End of story," I stated, snuggling my head in his chest.
He laughed, and I felt the vibration of his laughter throughout his body, since I was so close to him.
"Okay, okay." Was all he said.
"Sing to me again," I said quietly after a few minutes of him just holding me close, silently.
He chuckled. "You really want me to?"
"Yes," I answered. "I like your voice. It's lower than Bill's."
"Really? I never noticed," He replied, shrugging.
I looked up at him weirdly. "You never noticed your voice is different than your brother's? You're so weird, Tom," I said with a laugh.
He smirked. "I know I am. But that doesn't stop you from liking me, now does it?"
I smiled up at him. More like love.
"That's true," I said, nodding. "Now come on. Sing By Your Side again," I said. "Please?"
I made him the most cutest puppy face I could pull off.
He smiled a breathtaking smile. It worked.
"I am by your side. Just for a little while. We'll make it if we try," He sang the last verses of the song. He mostly whispered it in my ear, rather than sang. But it was still good to hear.
"You have an amazing voice, Tom. I don't know why you don't sing in your songs," I said, shaking my head.
He laughed, resting his head on mine. "Bill's got more talent than I do when it comes to singing. I like staying in the background, you know, playing my guitar."
I nodded. "You should at least sing back up vocals, then. Trust me, girls would worship you more than they already do if they hear you sing."
He shrugged. "But I don't care about those girls. The only one I want to worship me is standing right in front of me," He said with a laugh. "But she plays hard to get."
I smirked. "She does, huh?"
"Yep, but I'm gonna let you in on a little secret," He said, taking my arm and slowly running a hand on it up and down.
I stared at him suspiciously. "A secret? Do tell."
He smirked. "She doesn't know that playing hard to get really turns me on."
I burst out in laughter. "I'm not surprised. Everything turns you on," I said, rolling my eyes.
"Yeah, but you turn me on the most." He wiggled his eyebrows.
"Horny little german boy."
He grinned mischeviously before crashing his lips on mine, pulling me closer than I already was. He ran his fingers through my hair, as my hand laid gently on his chest.
With all the enthusiasm during the kiss, I had stupidly forgotten about Gustav being in the room just inches away from where we were standing.
And that's when it happened.
The door suddenly swung open, followed by Gustav's voice echoing in the corridor.
"Hey, I thought I heard voices-OH MEIN GOTT!" His first sentence was quickly interrupted by the utter shock he had just witnessed in front of him.
Uh oh?
My eyes flew open, as did Tom's. I suddenly froze into place, my feet seemed to be glued hard to the ground. If Tom hadn't been the one to pull away, I would've never even reacted.
I slowly, and steadily, removed my arms from around Tom's neck, as they dropped beside me. Tom and I turned our bodies toward Gustav, who's eyes were about ready to come out of their sockets. He still had his one hand on the knob of the door, and his other was lying next to him. He stood motionless, resembling a statue.
He opened his mouth to say something, but the only thing that came out was air.
Tom glanced at me before turning back to Gustav. He took a step forward, eyeing Gustav carefully.
"Gustav?" Tom said in a quiet voice, almost a whisper.
No answer; just a shocked face.
"Gustav?" Tom repeated warily.
I kept my breathing steady, as I watched Gustav's shocked face slowly loosening up, being replaced with a look of utter confusion.
Shit. We were so busted.
"B-Bella....T-Tom?" His voice finally scratched its way out of his mouth, and I could feel my relief.
Tom bit his lip, stuffing his hands in his pockets.
"Gustav....we didn't mean for you to see that," I said quietly, taking a step forward, now standing right next to Tom.
Gustav made a funny face, and he scratched his head confusingly.
"You two......are together?" He asked disbelievingly, taking turns looking at each of us.
Tom and I looked at each other then at him, nodding.
His face was very hard to read, but his mouth moved somehow into a very weird, and crooked, smile.
"Are you serious?" He gasped. "You?" He said pointing to Tom, "And you?", pointing to me.
"Yes, Gustav," I replied.
Guilty as charged.
He breathed out, crossing his arms. A sudden look of suspicion washed over his face. "How long?"
"Almost a month," Tom answered freely, and I nodded.
"A month?!" He squawked, making us jump back in surprise. "A month? So, what, you guys were just never gonna tell us?!" He waved his arms wildly.
I looked down, suddenly feeling guilty.
"Gustav, man, we were gonna tell you guys but-," Tom began saying.
"But what? Did it just slip your mind?! Exactly how long were you guys planning on keeping this a secret?"
"Well, technically, it's not so much of a secret now," I mumbled and Gustav sighed theatrically.
He then looked once more at each of us; a toothy grin spread across his face.
"I can't believe you kept this from us......."
I began feeling guilty again, but Gustav's sudden squeak made me jump again in surprise.
"This is huge!"
Tom and I looked at each other with completely confused expressions on our faces.
"You're.....okay with it?" Tom said unevenly.
"Well, yeah. But since when do I have to be okay with anything? Shit, you two have been together for a month? How could I have not noticed?" He put his hand on his chin, staring into space thoughtfully.
"That's because you don't notice anything, even if it hits you in the face," Tom lightly joked. He suddenly looked serious again. "Gustav, man, could you not tell anyone? I mean, Bella and I were hoping to tell them ourselves."
I looked at Gustav. He saw the concern on my face and gave us a reassuring smile. "Yeah. Of course. You can cross me off your list."
I sighed in relief and so did Tom.
"Sorry I.....um, walked in on you two," Gustav said, making a funny face.
I waved my hand. "It's nothing, Gustav. Sorry we petrified you for a second."
Gustav laughed.
Tom smiled, probably glad that Gustav had taken in the fact that he and I were together. I could tell it was a relief to him that at least one of the guys knew about us.
He then put an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer.
I couldn't help but feel a little weird as he did that in front of Gustav. I mean, now that Gustav knew, it still felt sort of strange.
Gustav crossed his arms over his chest, that toothy grin appearing on his face again.
"What?" Tom asked him, once he noticed Gustav's stare.
"I wanna see you guys kiss," He said, apparently trying hard to keep back a laugh.
I rolled my eyes, wiggling myself out of Tom's arm. "Grow up, Gustav," I said.
He pretended to look hurt, pouting his lower lip. "But I wanna see."
Tom just laughed. "Gustav, can't you see she's embarrassed? Leave her alone."
I blushed. Am I that see through?
"Hey. You guys having a party out here?" A voice belonging to Georg abruptly met our ears.
Our heads snapped to where his voice had come from. Georg was walking ahead of Bill and Clara, carrying a bag of candy in his hands.
Our expressions must've looked anything but nonchalant, because once Bill saw us he stopped, shooting us a weird look.
"Guys, what's wrong?" He asked cautiously. "Did you burn the room down?"
Tom suddenly burst into laughter. Only Gustav and I could tell how nervous his laugh sounded.
"Hey, bro. Nothing's wrong. Everything's completely, 100% fine. Let me help you with those," He said quickly, and we could hardly make out what he said. He reached for the bags Bill carried that had the DVDs and power walked into the room.
Not only Bill looked weirded out, but so did Clara. Georg, however, looked completely normal, just munching on his candy.
"You know what, let's get out of the hall. What movies did you guys get?" I asked quickly, as I gestured for them to go inside the room before me.
They went in, Clara and Bill still looking weirdly at me.
"I got a lot of horror movies," Bill answered with a shrug as he made his way over to the couch, flopping on it.
I was about to follow him, when I felt Clara pulling me back a little by my elbow. I turned to look at her confusingly, stumbling.
Could I be any more clumsy?
"Bella, is everything okay?" She asked quietly, not wanting any of the guys to hear.
"Um.....yes?" It sounded like a question.
She squinted her eyes. "You sure?"
"Of course. Why are you asking me that, Clara? Gustav, Tom and I were just talking." I tried to sound as cool as possible. This answer seemed to convince her enough to drop the subject.
She gave me one last look before going over to the couch, sitting next to Bill.
Whew. That was a close one. I was beginning to think that she was all too curious for some reason. I just had to be real careful now.
Now that Gustav knew. But I knew he wouldn't say anything. I trusted him.
"Come on, Bella. Aren't you gonna watch the movie with us?" Georg asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.
I looked over at him, realizing everyone was already sitting in front of the TV, waiting for me.
"Oh," I said, regaining my posture. "Yeah."
I walked over to them, sitting myself down on the floor, right in front of Bill's knees.
"Bella, why are you sitting on the floor?" Bill asked with a laugh.
I shrugged. "Feel like it."
"Want me to sit with you?" He offered, taking a lock of my hair and twisting it around his finger.
But before I could answer, Tom was suddenly on the floor next to me.
"I feel like sitting on the floor too," He said.
Bill just shrugged and continued playing with my hair.
I glanced over at Tom, only to find him wink at me. And when I looked at Gustav, who sat next to Bill on the couch, he was wearing that toothy grin again.
I hoped we weren't looking so obvious.
But before I could think anything else, the lights were out and a movie started and I swear I could still feel Gustav grinning down at me and Tom.
♠ ♠ ♠
You can't complain this isn't half as bad as going down in the first round
No no no you can't stop it now
You think that after this is all said and done
You'll be the one standing behind the loaded gun.