Dance With Me in This Rain

Walk On Water Or Drown

So Simone Kaulitz was probably the nicest person I had ever met in my entire life. She seemed genuinely interested in pretty much everything about me and Clara. She'd ask us a whole bunch of questions, and us three would be so absorbed in our little conversations, that we had even forgotten about the guys sitting at the table where we ate the amazing spaghetti made by the twins' mother.
I had heard Tom mumbling a couple of times and Bill rolling his eyes. They were fed up with the girl talks. But I really liked Simone and she seemed to like me and Clara too.
I began feeling stupid about being such a scaredy-cat before, thinking Simone Kaulitz wouldn't like me. I was glad I was wrong.
"Come on, guys. Let's get out of here," I heard Tom say to the boys. They all stood up and began following Tom out of the kitchen.
"Aw, Tom. Why you leaving?" Simone called after him, but laughed while she did. Then she turned to Clara and I, who remained in our seats. "They're mad we forgot about them," She said with another laugh and a roll of her eyes.
Clara and I chuckled. "Boys, huh?" I said, shaking my head. "So impatient."
She nodded with a smile. "So, when are you girls going back to America?" She asked, leaning her chin on her palm.
I shrugged. "I don't really know. It depends on how long the boys want us to stay, I guess," I answered.
She laughed. "If it depends on them, they will never let you leave."
I laughed and so did Clara. "Simone, can I ask you something?" Clara said minutes later, her gaze shifting nervously down to her hands.
Simone might have noticed the nervous in her voice, and smiled warmly. "Of course."
She gulped. "Has Tom ever had a, ya know, serious girlfriend?" Her voice came out barely audible. I stared at her, my eyes widening.
What the hell was she doing? Good thing Simone wasn't looking at me.
Simone raised her eyebrows, letting out a small chuckle. "Yes, he had one."
Clara lifted her head. "So then he is capable of being in a serious relationship?" She asked, and my eyes widened even more.
"Clara," I mumbled, kicking her leg under the table.
She jumped in her seat, looking at me in disbelief. "What? I wanna know..."
"That's an inappropriate thing to ask," I said in a low voice, but of course Simone heard. She was sitting in between us, eyeing us back and forth, as we glared at each other.
Simone shook her head with a laugh. "No, it's fine, girls."
I sighed and saw Clara smile triumphantly.
"Yes, I suppose he is capable of being in a relationship. I just think that, since he and the boys are touring all the time, he might not want one."
Clara bit her lip and intertwined her fingers on top of the table. "So you're saying he doesn't have time for a serious girlfriend?" Her voice came out all shaky and I had the urge to kick her again.
I didn't, though.
Simone's lips slowly formed a smile and she looked deep into Clara's eyes. "You like him, don't you?"
Clara's eyes shot over to her and I swear my heart skipped a beat.
Clara gulped again, and sat up straight in the chair. "I don't know. I mean, we went out a couple of times."
Simone nodded. "And?"
Clara shrugged. "I'm just curious as to how committed he'd be if he were in a serious relationship."
Simone put her hand on top of Clara's. "He'd be fully committed, I'm sure. I just think that maybe now's not the time for a serious girlfriend in his life. I know my son."
Clara nodded, sighing. "Yeah, I guess."
Simone shot Clara another smile. "Give it time. He'll come around," She said, and her eyes suddenly averted to my face. I kept my face straight but there was just something about Simone's stare that made me feel a tad panicky inside.
Was she trying to tell me something? Did she know about me and Tom? Impossible! The only way she'd know is if Tom told her. Did he?
I shifted awkwardly in my chair. I wanted to run out of that kitchen.
"Clara, why don't you go ask the boys what they want for dessert," Simone then said and Clara gave her a crooked smile.
"Okay," She said with a shrug, as she got up from the chair and headed out of the kitchen, to the living room.
I watched Clara go and then realized that Simone was looking at me.
I smiled awkwardly.
"Bella," She said in a low voice, as she leaned in closer to me. "I know."
I looked at her weirdly, placing my hands on my lap. "You know what?" I asked, not able to comprehend where she was getting at.
She chuckled, flashing a smile. "I know about you and Tom."
I felt my heart pounding harder and harder against my chest. The noise that it made was so loud, I wondered if it reached Simone's ears. I sat stiff, staring wide eyed at her.
My mouth gaped open. "H-how?"
Simone smiled wider. "Bella, please. He's my son. I know him inside out. I see the way he looks at you."
I gulped; my legs started bouncing up and down nervously.
"Really?"
Were Tom's stares that obvious?
She nodded. "Plus, he told me."
My legs stopped bouncing. I leaned back against the chair. "He did?"
"Yes. Before you guys arrived in Germany."
I looked away from her and down at my hands. I suddenly felt embarrassed.
"Bella," She began saying, as her hand laid on my shoulder. "He's happy. He told me so."
I bit back a smile, my eyes darting to her face. "He told you that?"
She nodded. "He also told me about Clara. So she doesn't know?"
I looked down again, feeling the immediate guilt. I shook my head slowly. "No, she doesn't. And neither do Georg and Bill."
She nodded. "I'm surprised Bill doesn't know. Maybe you should tell him."
"But what if he hates me?" I whispered, regretting it immediately.
Sheesh, Bella. This is their mother.
She frowned. "Bill? Hate you? Of course not! He'll love that his brother and best friend are together."
I shook my head. "But what if he won't? I'm really scared, Simone. I even thought about maybe ending things with Tom, but when I told him, he sort of freaked out."
Simone shook her head. "Of course he freaked out. Do you realize you're the first girl who he's really serious about? I've never seen him like this, Bella. He really really likes you."
I sighed. "I know. And that's what makes me feel guilty. If Clara finds out I'm with him, she'll hate my guts."
Simone sighed. "If she's your real friend, she'll understand."
I looked pensive. Simone had a good point. If Clara was really my best friend, then she wouldn't be too upset, would she?
Oh who am I kidding? Of course she would!
I looked at Simone worridly. I didn't know what else to say to her. But I found myself incapable of saying anything else, since Clara was suddenly walking back into the kitchen. She sat down on her chair and smiled at Simone.
"They all said they want ice cream," Clara said with a laugh. "Good thing none of them are lactose intolerant."
Simone chuckled. "Those boys are so high on sugar, it's crazy."
"Yeah, we've noticed," Clara answered with a laugh.
Simone looked at me and winked, not letting Clara see. She then stood up and walked over to the fridge, pulling out an ice cream bucket.
I realized I was sitting pretty still in my chair and was relieved to see that Clara wasn't even paying attention to me, as she just seemed to stare off into space.

___

"Simone, where's your bathroom?" I asked, after Clara and I had helped her with the dishes. The boys had once again gone back to the living room, where they watched some german show.
"It's up the stairs. Go to the right when you get there. It's next to Tom's old room," She answered with a smile.
I nodded. "I'll be right back," I said, before walking out of the kitchen and heading up the stairs. I stared at the old portraits as I passed, seeing that most portraits were of Tom and Bill. They looked so little and what surprised me the most was that they looked so identical when they were kids, it was impossible to tell them apart. I saw some of Simone and I assumed the guy that was with her in most portraits was her husband, Gordon.
Once I reached the second floor, I turned to my right and walked towards a door, hoping that it'd be the bathroom. I opened the door, only to see that it was a room instead. According to Simone, Tom's old room.
Curiosity suddenly struck and I bit back a smile, as I pushed the door further open. The room looked very neat. The bed was neatly made, the shelves were lined with CDs and a few books. There was a desk with a computer on it and the walls bege had some posters on them.
I stepped in, looking at everything. It was weird being in Tom's room. Especially in the room that was his before he became famous.
I eyed all the posters closely. Most of the posters were of Aerosmith and AC/DC. He had once mentioned to me that those were his favorite bands.
"Trespassing my room, are you?" I heard a voice belonging to Tom say. I spun around and saw that he was leaned against the door frame; a smirk on his face.
I returned the smirk. "Just checking out your stuff," I said, turning back to face the posters.
He walked over and stood next to me, staring at his old posters aswell.
"What do you think of my room?" He asked with a laugh.
"I like it," I answered. "It's a lot neater than I would've imagined."
He laughed. "I've always been a neat guy."
I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, right. You guys barely clean your own hotel rooms."
"I'm neat sometimes," He said with a smirk.
"Fine. I'll let you have that one, Kaulitz."
He shoved me playfully and I shoved him back.
He then pulled me closer to him and kissed me suddenly. I felt my knees wobble and I felt Tom smiling; he put an arm on my back for support.
"Holy shit," Someone screeched, which made me and Tom jump away from each other in a milisecond.
Georg stood at the door entrance; a seemingly confused look on his face. His eyes were wide and his mouth hung open; I thought his jaw would touch the floor.
He began backing away, but Tom and I went after him, and once Tom grabbed hold of his arm, he dragged him into the room, and I shut the door behind us.
"What the hell?!" Georg squealed, as Tom sat him down on his bed. Tom and I were now standing in front of Georg and his confused face switched to a more frightened one.
"What's going on here? Am I seeing things or were you two making out?!" He questioned a bit loudly, and Tom automatically put a hand on Georg's mouth.
"Be quiet, you idiot!" Tom hissed.
Georg's eyes averted from Tom's face to mine. "You two are together?" He asked; his voice muffled by Tom's hand.
"Yes!" Tom answered quietly. "Could you not be so loud and obnoxious?!"
Georg huffed and jerked Tom's hand away from his mouth. "I cannot believe this. You two?"
Tom and I looked at each other then at Georg. "Yeah," I said.
The stupid feeling of guilt was beginning to rise up again.
"Did you guys decide to hook up now or what?" Georg asked, eyeing us.
"No, of course not. It's been a month," I mumbled.
Georg's eyes widened. "No way! You guys have been going at it for a month?!" He squawked.
Tom placed his hand on Georg's mouth again, and Georg just swatted it away.
"If by 'going at it' you mean together, then yeah," I said with a sigh.
Georg laughed and Tom just looked at him weirdly. "What are you laughing at?"
"It's just...you guys are like, always fighting back and forth. It's so funny to think that all this time I thought you two hated each other, when in reality, you've been hooking up."
I scoffed. "Please don't use the term hooking up, it's ridiculous."
Georg laughed again. "Okay, fine. Do you prefer making love instead?"
Tom grumbled and so did I. "Dude, stop. It's not like that at all," Tom said.
Georg raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms. "You mean you two haven't done it?"
"Ugh, Georg!" I slapped his arm.
"It's none of your fucking business, Georg," Tom hissed, shoving him.
I was surprised at how Georg found all this amusing. He couldn't stop laughing.
"All right, I'm sorry. It's not my business. Does anyone else know about you two?" He then asked.
"Just Gustav," I responded, with a shrug.
Georg arched an eyebrow. "You mean your own brother doesn't know?" He asked Tom, who just shrugged.
Georg exhaled loudly. "I can't believe Gustav knew and didn't tell me!"
Tom rolled his eyes.
"That's because we asked him not to tell anyone else," I explained. "We want to tell Bill ourselves."
"Oh," Georg said, nodding. "What about Clara?"
I sighed and flopped onto the bed next to Georg. "She's my biggest problem."
"Do you think she'll freak?" Georg asked, seeing the worried look on my face.
"Most definitely," I answered, burying my face in my hands.
Tom sighed and kneeled on the floor in front of me. He took my hands and pulled them away from my face. "It'll be all right, Bella."
Georg looked at us closely, a grin appearing on his face. "Aww, look at you two being all close and cute," He said.
Tom flipped him off, and averted his attention back at me.
"I'm serious, Bella. Don't get so worked up. She's your best friend, isn't she? She'll understand all this."
I bit my lip and a small chuckle escaped my mouth. "That's what your mom said. Oh, and by the way, thanks for letting me know you told your mom!" I said sarcastically, as I crossed my arms. "I nearly had a panic attack when she told me she knew about us."
Tom laughed. "I couldn't keep this from her. Besides, she can see right through me and she knew from what I told her that you're not just my friend," He said with a smile.
"So wait. You told your mom but you didn't tell your brother? Weird," Georg mumbled with a shake of his head.
Tom rolled his eyes. "Georg, again, this is none of your business."
Georg sighed and slumped, crossing his arms again.
"I think we should get out of here," I said and stood up from the bed. Georg nodded and did the same and Tom stood up from the floor.
They both followed me out of Tom's room and we all headed downstairs.
Everyone was in the living room, talking animatedly with each other. Georg immediately went to sit next to Gustav on the couch.
Figures.
I sat next to Simone, who smiled at me. I returned a smile and realized that both Georg and Gustav were smiling at me like idiots.
I wanted to smack those smiles off their faces, but then how would I explain myself?
I told myself that I had to be patient and now that Georg knew too, I knew that it was time to tell Bill about Tom and I.
But, how would I tell him? Surely not at Simone's house. Maybe when we get back to the hotel? Yeah, that seemed okay.
I'd be lying if I say I wasn't scared. Hell yes. I was scared shitless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this hurts me more than I can stand to say in just one sitting
You left the room so I could pray
So I pace the halls to see if I could find a hole in something
Or maybe places to escape.