Dance With Me in This Rain

It's Just Me

We had spent the rest of the evening at Simone's house and during that time, Clara and I got to meet Gordon Trumper, the twins' stepdad. He was a nice guy and was actually the one who got the twins into music.
We all owe him a thanks for influencing the boys. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have Tokio Hotel today.
All of us talked alot and Simone and Gordon said they wanted us to drop by every now and then while we were still in Germany. Of course we said we would.
Right before the guys and Clara and I left the Kaulitz residence, Simone gave me a hug and a warm smile. To me, she was like a second mother.
It's nice being around her.
On our car ride back to the hotel, I sat quiet, staring blankly out the window. Clara, on the other hand, was talking on and on with everyone. The only one who could tell I was unusually quiet was Tom. I caught him peering over at me a few times and I'd just give him a small reassuring smile.
It didn't convince him, though. He knew me too well.
A few minutes later, we had arrived at our hotel. We all went up the elevators; Tom's eyes never leaving me.
"Hey Bella, what's up?" Bill, who was standing next to me, asked. He placed an arm around my shoulders.
"Nothing's up. I'm just tired," I replied quietly.
I wasn't lying. I was really tired, and I knew that I would still have to come clean to Bill at any moment. Of course, he'd have to be alone. There was no way that I would tell him about Tom and I with Gustav and Georg in the same room. Much less Clara.
Bill rubbed my shoulders, giving me a comforting smile. "You look tired."
I smiled weakly.
When we all reached our rooms' doors, I felt the panic inside me again. I watched as Gustav and Georg smiled slyly at me before heading into their room; I watched as Bill went into his and Tom followed, but not before giving me a small smile, which I returned.
Clara suddenly pulled me inside our room and shut the door behind us.
"Why are you so quiet?" She asked, as she removed her shoes and tossed them near her bed, which she collapsed on.
I shrugged, slipping off my converses and setting them next to my bed.
"I'm tired, Clara," I answered monotonously.
Clara turned on her side in bed, facing me, and placed her head on her hand. "Long day, huh? I mean, I didn't know we'd spend the whole afternoon at Simone's."
I nodded and laid on my back on the bed, facing the ceiling above me.
"She's so nice, isn't she?" Clara said.
"Very," I agreed with a smile.
At least she knows about me and Tom.
"Man, she's nothing like my mom," Clara said with a laugh.
I chuckled. "You can't blame your mom for never spending time with you. I mean, you were the one who wanted to move to New York and leave everyone behind in Florida."
She stuck her tongue out at me. "I wanted adventure in my life, Bella. What better place to find it than New York? Besides, if I had never come to New York, we would have never met. Then who would be your best friend?" She said with another laugh, and I joined in.
"Yeah, you're right," I said.
"Of course I am," She said with a smirk. "Anyways, I'm gonna go take a shower." She jumped off the bed, and quickly removed her shirt, throwing it over near the couch.
I laughed under my breath. "If the boys were here right now, they'd so be enjoying this."
Clara laughed. "Horny bastards," She said, heading over towards the bathroom and closing the door behind her.
I quickly sat up in bed. Now's the perfect time to tell Bill.
Once I heard the water running from inside the shower, I leaped off the bed and slipped my black ballet flats on that were near the door. I glided out of the room, shutting the door behind me. I made my way towards the twins' room, and knocked lightly on their door.
I noticed my hands shaking wildly and I quickly hid them behind my back. I tried calming my nerves, breathing in and out deeply.
The door then opened, and there stood Tom. And may I add, he had no shirt on.
My vision went blurry for a tiny second. I had never seen him shirtless.
Only one word popped into my head at that moment: Wow.
Then I mentally slapped myself across the face.
Bella, focus! This is no time to be gawking at Tom. You must tell Bill.
Tom noticed me staring stupidly at him. He smirked, and snapped his fingers in front of my face in attempt to catch my attention.
"Earth to Bella," He said, and I blinked repeatedly before regaining sanity.
"Tom, we have to do this. Now," I said in a serious tone.
He raised an eyebrow. "What?"
"Tell Bill about, you know," I said, pointing at me and him. "Clara's taking a shower so I figured that now is the perfect opportunity to tell him."
Tom put on a worried face. "You sure? Right now? Wouldn't it be better tomorrow or-"
"No! Tom, we gotta do this now. If we don't, I'll have trouble sleeping. And you won't like me if I'm cranky."
He sighed and bit the corner of his mouth. "Okay. Get in here," He said, pulling me by the arm into the room. I stumbled in the process.
"Where's Bill?" I asked, searching the room.
"Bathroom," Tom said with a shrug.
I nodded and stood awkwardly by the door and Tom eyed me weirdly. "You're gonna stand there?"
I shrugged. "Yeah."
He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, dragging me behind him. He led me over to the small couch that was in front of the TV and sat me on it.
"I can walk by myself, ya know," I mumbled.
He smirked. "Can't blame me for trying to help you. Do you even know how pale you look right now?"
I gasped, quickly putting a hand on my cheek. "Really?"
He laughed, shaking his head. "Don't sweat it. You still look cute. Just relax," He said, as he placed both hands on my shoulders and rubbed them gently.
I nodded, breathing deeply again.
"Belle?" Bill's voice came from behind us. Tom and I twisted our bodies on the couch to face him. He too was shirtless.
Oh dear God. Just, focus, Bella. Try to picture them both with shirts on if it helps.
"Hey Bill," I greeted nervously, swallowing the small lump in my throat.
He smiled and walked towards us, sitting himself on the recliner across from us. "So, what's going on? Slumber party?"
I smiled crookedly, unable to laugh. Tom just shook his head at me and I felt him nudging me in the ribs.
I sighed, and cleared my throat. "Bill," I began saying. "I, um....we, actually, need to tell you something." I pointed to Tom and then me.
Bill raised an eyebrow, and crossed his arms. "What is it?"
I fiddled with the hem of my shirt, and my heart raced inside me.
"Bella," Tom mumbled, urging me to go on.
I nodded. "Bill....."
Just spit it out.
"Um..." Why weren't the words coming out?
"We're dating," Tom blurted.
I stiffened in place, and my eyes closed for a minute. I then opened them again; they wandered over to Bill's face.
Now this may come as a surprise to you, because it sure as hell came as one to me.
Bill, still sitting in his recliner, sat perfectly calm. No sign of confusion or anger in his face.
No sign of surprise at all.
And before I could even comprehend this weird and calm reaction he had going on, a smile appeared on his angelic face.
A smile.
My heart pounded faster and I could feel Tom's fast breathing beside me.
"Bill?" Tom said confusingly.
Bill's smile grew wider until suddenly, he began laughing.
Tom and I looked at each other in surprise.
"What's going on?" I mouthed to him and he just shrugged.
Bill shook his head. "Honestly, guys. It's an insult."
My eyes widened and so did Tom's.
"W-what?" I said shakily. An insult?
He laughed again. "It's an insult how you guys think I'm so stupid."
My eyebrows furrowed. "I don't understand."
Bill rolled his eyes. "I knew all along, you idiots."
My mouth gaped open and Tom looked at his brother confusingly.
"What...you knew?! How?!" Tom questioned.
Bill scoffed. "Tom. I'm your brother. Your twin brother. I'm, like, your other half. Your other smart half, to be more precise."
Tom frowned.
"You really think I'm that clueless?" Bill said, smirking.
Tom looked at his brother thoughtfully and stood up from the couch. He began pacing back and forth in the room. Bill and I watched.
"You mean to tell me, that all this time, me and Bella snuck around for nothing? You knew? Jeez, Bill. Could you have at least told us? I mean, Bella kept freaking out all the time, thinking you'd hate her and-"
"What?! Hate her?" Bill averted his eyes to me. "Bella, are you serious? Me hate you?"
I sunk down on the couch, lowering my head. "I thought you would," I said quietly.
Bill scoffed in disbelief. "What a load of bullshit, Bella! I'd never hate you just because you're dating my brother."
I continued looking down. "I was scared, alright? I'm sorry," I mumbled, burying my face in my hands.
Tom came over and sat next to me, pulling me closer to him.
"Belle, you're stupid, you know that?" Bill said with a weak laugh. "I love you like my own sister."
I slowly removed my hands from my face and looked at him. He had another smile on his face.
"So you're not mad or anything?" I managed to ask, and I felt Tom rubbing my back.
"Of course not! Dude, my best friend and my brother together? That's huge news."
I bit my bottom lip and suddenly jumped off the couch, catching Tom by surprise, and threw myself at Bill, embracing him in a tight hug.
He laughed, hugging me back. "I can't believe you guys made a big deal out of nothing," He mumbled.
"And I can't believe you knew and didn't tell me!" Tom argued, shaking his head.
I let go of Bill and looked over at Tom. "Quit whining, Tom. He knows, doesn't he?"
He shrugged and Bill and I laughed.
"Seriously, though. How'd you know?" I asked Bill.
"I've caught you guys staring a lot at each other. And like, I was already convinced when you two didn't wanna go to the mall with the rest of us. Just stuff like that, I guess," He said with a shrug. "It's pretty obvious."
I furrowed my eyebrows. "Is it obvious enough for Clara to find out?"
"Only if she catches you two making out. Other than that, not really."
I sighed in relief. "Okay. So everyone except Clara knows. I'm beginning to feel a little more relieved about all this."
"Great," Tom said, as he came next to me. "Bill, you can let go of her now. She's with me," He said, shoving his brother playfully.
I rolled my eyes.
Tom put an arm around my waist, pulling me closer.
"Guys, just promise that you won't be making out in front of me," He said with a sigh. "Gross."
Tom laughed. "Ahh, come on, bro. You're just like that cause you don't have a girl of your own."
Bill crossed his arms. "Shut up, Tom."
I laughed and suddenly remembered Clara. "Shit, I gotta go. Clara's probably done with her shower. I'm in desperate need of one," I said, as I wiggled myself free from Tom's grip.
"Ohh, can I join?" Tom said seductively.
Bill made a gagging noise and punched his brother on the arm. I flipped him off and began walking towards the door. "I'll see you guys in the morning, okay?"
"Okay," Bill called. "Night, Belle."
"Night," I called back and stepped into the hall. I was about to shut the door when it suddenly opened.
"Tom? What is it?" I asked confusingly, as he stood there.
He grinned and pecked me on the lips before closing the door in my face.
I rolled my eyes, and couldn't help but let out a laugh.
What a weird boy.
Once I was back in my room, I saw that Clara was slipping on her night gown.
"Where were you?" She asked when I came in.
"Talking to the guys," I said nonchalantly, as I flopped on my bed.
"Oh," She said. She then grabbed the remote control off her bed and turned on the TV.
"Hey, did you ever watch Spongebob in german? It's freakin hilarious," She said with a laugh, as she pulled her wet hair back.
"Yeah, I have," I answered, laughing. "I'm gonna take a shower."
I stood up from my bed and grabbed my pjs before heading to the bathroom. After the hot shower, I got dressed and brushed my dripping hair.
After brushing my teeth, I got back into the room, where Clara was sprawled on her bed, sleeping with her mouth hung open.
I laughed under my breath and went over to my bed, laying myself down and pulling the comfy covers over me.
I smiled to myself.
It felt nice to know that Bill was totally cool about everything. I wished that Clara wouldn't take it hard. I wanted to explain to her about my feelings for Tom. I wanted her to understand that what I had with him wasn't just some fling.
But would she understand?
♠ ♠ ♠
Cut it out of my mouth
Put my tongue on a pole
I won't sing any more
I'm losing control.