Dance With Me in This Rain

Not Good Enough For Truth In Cliche

Clara's Point Of View

"This stupid dictionary sucks!" I whined, hurling the useless thick book on the wall, as it landed forcefully on the floor.
Bill stared at me weirdly. "Throwing it against the wall won't help you learn German," He said in amusement.
I groaned. "It's useless, Bill. German is just too hard."
"Giving up already?" He asked bewilderedly.
I shrugged. "Guess so. It's impossible to learn how to speak German."
He shook his head, laying an arm around my shoulders. "No, it's not."
"You just say that because you've been speaking the damn language since you were born," I said with a snort.
He chuckled. "You have to be patient when it comes to learning a new language, Clara."
I quirked a brow. "You sound like you've been through this before."
He smiled crookedly. "Hey, I managed to learn English, didn't I?"
I clicked my tongue, waving him off. "That's different."
"How is that different?"
"English is easy. Did you know that it's used as a second language and as an official language throughout the world?" I informed, displaying my intelectual side.
Yes, I can be intelectual. Sometimes.
"Aren't you Miss Know-It-All," He said with a laugh.
I grinned.
"Anyways, German is merely complex," He stated, looking at the TV.
"Complex is just a fancy word for hard, Bill," I said with a snort.
He laughed.
"Bella was right. Even if I do carry around the stupid thing, it won't really help," I said, shaking my head. "You know what, Bill? I'm making you my own personal translator," I added, grinning at him.
He arched an eyebrow. "You mean I'm gonna have to translate everything for you from now on?"
"Correct."
He sighed dramatically, throwing his head back. I hit his leg playfully and he lightly shoved me by the shoulders.
I laughed and rested my head back on the couch, staring at the TV. A cartoon was on.
I was really starting to get bored. Georg and Gustav had gone out and I think they mentioned something about visiting their families, which lived close by.
Bella was still asleep, which wasn't much of a shocker. She had been waking up so late in the last couple of days. I had asked her if she was sick or something but she just told me she was tired.
Tom had gone out too, but he didn't say where. I swear, that kid was a mystery. I was seeing less and less of him these days.
I was so frustrated at myself for still being hooked on that german boy. I couldn't get him off my mind. I wanted so badly to know the reason for him dumping me, but Tom had never clarified that enigma.
I kept thinking if I had done something wrong. Something to make him not like me anymore. But I couldn't seem to find a reason. I hadn't really done anything to make him upset. So why did he dump me just like that? No explanations, no nothing.
I knew I had agreed to continue in being his friend, but it was hard. Harder than I'd ever imagined.
Good thing Bella was always there for me. I knew she'd never let me down. I was willing to take that advice of hers. The one that includes me meeting a german guy and possibly fall in love with him.
I just had to clear my mind and not think about Tom anymore.
Bill and I continued watching the german cartoons, and I made him translate everything for me. He didn't protest, but I could see his annoyance, which was positively hilarious.
A few minutes later, the room door opened and in came Tom. He spotted Bill and I on the couch and smiled crookedly at us.
I smiled back and Bill just nodded.
"Hey, uh, Bill. Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked his brother, scratching the back of his neck in a sort of nervous manner.
Bill furrowed his eyebrows. "Um, sure."
He then got off the couch and walked towards Tom, looking at him expectantly.
"Outside?" Tom added quietly, pointing his head towards the door.
Bill shrugged and followed his twin out of the room. Tom gave me another crooked smile and said, "We'll be right back" before closing the door behind him.
I arched an eyebrow, as I was left sitting alone on the couch.
That was weird, I thought.
I then shrugged it off. I leaned back on the couch, face raised to the ceiling and exhaled loudly.
Minutes passed and I realized the boys were still outside talking. I bit my lip anxiously, and slowly stood up from the couch.
I stuffed my hands in my jeans and walked up to the door. I decided to go see if Bella was awake.
Maybe we could go shopping or something. I was just too bored.
I opened the door and stepped out into the corridor, striding towards mine and Bella's hotel room. My hand reached for the knob and just as I was about to open, I heard Bill's (or Tom's?) voice coming from the inside.
I took a step back, and raised an eyebrow.
What were they talking about in there? Was Bella awake?
I tugged on the sleeve of my jacket anxiously and took a step forward, standing really close to the door.
Now, I'm not one to eavesdrop. I'm really not. I fully respect other people's privacy and all, but there was just something really fishy about all this. Tom said he wanted to talk to Bill and they both go into mine and Bella's room? Seriously, how weird was that?
Without any more thinking, I pressed my ear up against the door. I listened intently, as I tried making out the sentences being said.
"Okay, I think it's time we tell her, then." Was that Bella talking?
"So you're absolutely sure you don't wanna wait?" It sounded like Tom, but then again, he and Bill had almost the same voice. But since the voice sounded low, I was pretty sure it was Tom.
"The sooner you guys tell her, the sooner we can get this whole thing out in the open and you don't have to sneak around anymore."
I removed my ear away from the door, and took a step back. I frowned confusingly, crossing my arms. What the hell were they talking about in there?
I got curious by the second, and I didn't even hesitate to press my ear up against that door again. I knew what I was doing was totally wrong and I may have crossed the line in eavesdropping. And if curiosity killed, I'd be dead a long time ago.
"She might be cool about it."
I bit my nail.
"How can she be cool about something like this? She dated you." Bella.
I heard a few rumbling noises.
"Bella, please. Don't start." Tom?
"I told you before, Belle. If she's really your friend, then she'll understand. You and Tom are together and she's gonna accept that."
I froze. WHAT?
My eyes widened and I recoiled immediately. I started backing away from the door slowly.
Was I hearing things now? I might have misunderstood that last sentence. There was no way....
Bella and.......Tom? Tom?
I shook my head, feeling silly.
No freaking way. That couldn't be true. No. I was definately hearing things.
Bella wouldn't date Tom. Especially knowing I still had feelings for him. Yeah. She knew how he hurt me. How he just dumped me without so much as a stupid explanation.
She wouldn't do that to me. Tom was just her friend, like the rest of the guys were just her friends.
I then frowned.
What if it's true?
I chewed madly on my bottom lip, and without any more delay, I thrusted the hotel room door open, needless to say, catching Bella, Bill and Tom by surprise.

___

Bella's Point Of View

"Tom, stop doing that!" I squealed, shoving Tom off the bed. He just laughed.
He had once again broken into the room that morning. This time, I was sleeping and he deliberately pounced on me, causing me to wake up, scared out of my mind.
I glared murderously at him, as he continued laughing annoyingly.
I took the pillow that was under my head and placed it over my face, resisting the urge to yell profanities at that boy.
"Why are you so bitchy in the mornings?" Tom asked, playfully poking my side.
"Why are you so freakishly hyper in the mornings?" I retorted, swatting his hand away.
He laughed. "Because you make me happy in the morning," He replied in a sincere tone.
I removed the pillow from my face, staring at up at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"
He grinned. "I like waking you up.You make my mornings fun."
I sighed and cocked an eyebrow at him. "Tom, give me a break."
He grinned, and laid down next to me, placing an arm under my neck.
"Clara's not here, is she?" I asked suddenly, as my head shot up to look around the room.
He snorted. "You really think I'd break in while she was in here?"
I made a funny face. "Guess not. Where is she?"
"Next door with Bill."
I nodded and rested my head on his chest. My one arm was around him, and he trailed his hand up and down my arm.
"You're warm," He stated.
"Vital sign that I'm alive," I replied with a laugh.
He smiled and continued trailing my arm with the tips of his fingers.
"Tom?" I said a few minutes later of silence.
"Hmm?"
I placed a strand of hair behind my ear and looked up at him. "What's gonna happen when the tour's over?"
He scrunched his forehead in confusion, peering down at me. "What do you mean?"
"I mean, when I go back to New York. What's gonna happen? You guys are gonna be touring a lot and-"
"You're thinking about that?" He asked, cutting me off my sentence.
I nodded. "Yeah."
He shook his head. "Stop thinking about that. We'll figure everything out when we have to."
"Tom," I began, noticing he clearly didn't wanna get into that conversation. "What if we have to, you know, break up?"
He stiffened under me, giving me a strange look. "Bella, why are you asking that?"
I shrugged. "It's just a question, Tom."
"It's a fucking dumb question," He muttered and I saw the his eyes growing darker.
Why was he angry?
I removed my arm from around him and sat up slowly. He didn't move, and looked straight forward, rather than at me.
"Tom? What's the matter?" I asked, a little disturbed by his sudden mood swing.
He snorted; his eyes meeting my gaze.
"Nothing's the matter. Everything's fine," He replied monotonously.
I arched an eyebrow. "Seriously, Tom."
"I'm serious."
"Look, I just asked that because I was curious. I'm sorry," I stated, looking away from him.
He sighed. "Don't be sorry, Belle."
"Well, what else do you want me to do? I ask you a simple question and you just transform."
He shook his head, looking down. "Sorry. It's just, I hate it when you talk about breaking up."
I studied his face and finally nodded understandingly.
"We'll make it work. Even if I have to take you on tour with us to other countries," He said with a crooked smile.
"Yeah, right. You'd get so sick of having me around," I said with a laugh.
"Aww, you'll be like Tokio Hotel's official groupie."
I glared at him, and shook my head. "But that means I'll have to sleep with all of you."
He grinned. "Yeah. Except, you sleep with only me."
I scoffed, leaning over him and bringing his cap over his face.
"Perv," I stated.
"I prefer man whore. It just sounds cooler," He said with a wink.
I sighed and sat next to him, resting my back against the headboard. He sat up from his lying position and did the same.
"I think we should tell Clara about us before things start to get bad," I whispered and Tom looked at me carefully.
"If you think that's the right thing to do."
I nodded, swallowing hard. "It's damn hard, but we gotta do it."
"Okay," He said.
Then, he suddenly stood up from the bed. He strode towards the door and I watched him weirdly.
"Where are you going?" I asked curiously.
"Just wait here. I'll be right back," He announced, as he disappeared behind the door.
I shrugged to myself and crossed my arms over my chest.
Minutes later, Tom was back and Bill followed closely behind, as they entered the room.
I furrowed my eyebrows.
"What's going on, Tom?" I asked.
"Yeah," Bill said. "What'd you wanna talk about?"
Tom sighed and motioned for his brother to sit on the couch. Bill did so, and continued staring questioningly at his older twin.
"Bill, we're thinking about telling Clara," Tom said, as he sat on the edge of the bed; his back towards me.
Bill raised an eyebrow. "So?"
"We need your help," Tom said.
"You do?" He asked.
"We do?" I asked Tom, looking puzzled.
Tom then stood up, looking at both me and Bill. "Guys, who knows how she'll react."
I nodded, and looked at Bill, who did the same.
"Okay, I think it's time we tell her, then," I finally said, after a few minutes of silence.
"So you're absolutely sure you don't wanna wait?" Tom said firmly.
I nodded.
Bill then stood from the couch and sat on the edge of the bed. "The sooner you guys tell her, the sooner we can get this whole thing out in the open and you don't have to sneak around anymore," He said.
"He's right, Tom. I mean, why wait? This whole thing is getting ridiculous. I mean seriously, we're acting like fourteen year olds who are too afraid of telling their parents that they're dating," I said.
Bill laughed quietly. "You guys are starting to sound like a Mexican soap opera. So much drama for nothing," He joked.
"Yeah. She might be cool about it," Tom said, now sitting in front of me on the bed.
I looked at him weirdly. "How can she be cool about something like this? She dated you."
Tom rolled his eyes. "Bella, please. Don't start."
"I told you before, Belle. If she's really your friend, then she'll understand. You and Tom are together and she's gonna accept that," He said assuringly, reaching over to pat my leg.
I bit my lip. "Okay."
"So it's decided. Let's do this already," Tom mumbled, clearly impatient.
I was about to say something to the boys when the hotel door abruptly swings open, revealing a confused looking Clara standing in the doorway.
Tom, Bill and I looked at her; surprise written all over our faces.
"Hey, Clara. What's-" I greeted but her sudden glare in my direction made me cut my own sentence off.
"What the hell is going on?" Was all she asked, a variety of emotions dripping off her words.
I froze on the bed, and realized that she had been listening all this time.
Crap.
♠ ♠ ♠
So for now, take this down a notch
Crash my car through your window
Make sure you're still alive
Just in time to kill you.