Dance With Me in This Rain

Girls Do What They Want

Bella, could you be any more of a drama queen?
I pulled my jacket closer to myself, feeling the cold breeze contacting my skin. It was freezing outside.
I didn't wander too far from the hotel. I just walked around aimlessly on the sidewalks, sorting out my thoughts. I had no intention of going back anytime soon.
I hoped the guys wouldn't come looking for me. If Bill knew me as well as I knew him, he'd surely tell Tom that I needed this time to be alone.
I knew I was totally coming off as an anti-social.
I looked down as I walked, careful not to trip on a rock or something. I knew my hair was a complete mess, since I hadn't brushed it today. Hell, I looked like a homeless person. I was still in my pajama pants and I was wearing my puffy blue jacket on top of my black tank top, which was a bit too revealing. But I had zipped my jacket up, so no one could really see anything.
“Okay, so that went way worse than I expected,” I said to myself, referring to the awful previous event. “Clara hates me. Tom thinks I'm crazy for walking out. Bill is probably upset. I'm such a freaking screw-up.”
I mumbled profanities to myself and when I lifted my head up, I suddenly realized some random woman was staring at me strangely.
“Yeah, I'm talking to myself. But I'm not crazy, if that's what you think,” I told the old lady.
She raised an eyebrow at me questioningly, probably not understanding a word I had just said.
She then quickened her pace, getting as far away from me as possible.
I sighed, stuffing my hands in my pockets. “Maybe I am crazy.”

___

Tom's Point Of View

“Bill, she's not coming back,” I moaned. I was sitting on the couch; my elbows rested on my legs and my face in my hands. I didn't know how long I had been waiting for Bella, but I knew it had been more than an hour or even longer.
Bill was sitting on the recliner, with his head resting back as he stared up at the ceiling.
“Tom, she didn't take any of her stuff with her. So even if she were planning on leaving for good, she would have to come back and get her stuff, wouldn't she?”
I raised an eyebrow.
That made sense. Yeah, she'd have to come back.
I sighed, leaning my back on the couch. “I guess you're right.”
“Of course. I'm always right. I'm the smart twin, remember?” He joked, clearly trying to lighten the mood in the gloomy environment.
Clara was still in the other room. She hadn't come out once since the argument.
This depressing mood everyone was having wasn't at all pleasant. I hated feeling this way.
The only person that could make things better was Bella, and, unfortunately, she wasn't there.
“Do you think we messed up?” I asked my brother suddenly.
Bill looked at me questioningly. “What do you mean?”
“Do you think me and Bella should've told her sooner. I mean, we could have avoided all this.”
Bill looked at me thoughtfully, and shrugged. “I don't know, man. I think it would have gone just the same if you told her sooner.”
I nodded, fidgeting with my hands.
“I think Clara may have overreacted. She shouldn't have yelled at Bella like that. It was hard to watch,” Bill stated, shaking his head. “I've known Bella for two years and I've never seen her like that.”
I looked down, now feeling more pessimistic than ever. “It was all my fault.”
“How was it your fault? Tom, you and Bella like each other. It was only natural that you guys hooked up. Just unavoidable. No one's to blame.”
I exhaled loudly and nodded again.
He was making a lot of sense.
“I like your words, bro,” I said, which made Bill laugh. “You're right. It was unavoidable. I mean, I love her and all-”
Bill abruptly sat up straight in his chair, catching me full on by surprise, which even made me cut off in my own sentence.
“What the hell?!” I said, staring at him weirdly.
Bill's eyes widened. “What did you just say?”
I furrowed my eyebrows. “What?”
For a guy who made a lot of sense, he sure was weird.
Bill rolled his eyes impatiently. “Tom...did you just say you love her?” He asked slowly, so that all his words could register themselves in my head.
I paused, and looked thoughtful. And then, my eyes went wide.
I had in fact said that.
“Holy shit, I love her,” I whispered to myself, unbelievingly.
Realization has finally dawned.
Bill snorted in laughter. “Tom, this is huge stuff.”
I didn't answer, as I too was shocked at my own words.
So maybe I wasn't that shocked. I guess I had loved her for a while, but I never actually said it out loud and to her face. But the weird thing was that it made sense. I was the one actually making sense this time.
“Does she know? Have you told her?” Bill asked excitedly.
I took a deep breath, shaking my head. “No.”
Bill frowned. “How come?”
I shrugged.
“Funny how you realize you love her just hours after she leaves,” Bill mused. “Excellent timing, bro.”
I glared at him. “It's all so ironic. I get it,” I snapped. “And she didn't leave for good. She'll come back.”
Bill nodded and a smile appeared on his face. “I can't believe you never told her you love her.”
I sighed. “I don't know, man. I guess I never convinced myself that I was really in love, you know?”
Bill raised an eyebrow. “Are you scared?”
I shot him a weird look. “Scared? Me? Of course not.”
Bill let out a laugh. “Oh my God, you're totally scared!”
I made a face. “Shut up, man! I am not scared, all right?”
Bill rolled his eyes. “Okay, Tom. I believe you.”
“Is that sarcasm?” I questioned with a frown.
Bill grinned. “Yep.”
I grunted, hiding my face under my cap.
“Hey, what's up?” A voice suddenly said, as the sound of the door opening filled our ears.
Georg and Gustav came into our room.
“What are you guys doing?” Gustav asked, sitting on the couch next to me.
“You look awful, Tom,” Georg commented, as he sat on my other side.
“Gee, thanks,” I replied sarcastically. I then stood up from the couch, walking over to my bed. Georg and Gustav watched strangely, as Bill just shook his head.
“What's going on?” Gustav asked curiously.
Bill looked over at me before turning back his attention towards the guys.
“Bella sort of left,” Bill said quietly.
Georg and Gustav looked at each other weirdly.
“What do you mean she left?” Georg asked.
“Clara and her had this huge fight, because she found out about Tom and Bella,” Bill explained, and I groaned, trying hard not to relive the moment.
“Dude, how long were we gone?” Georg asked Gustav, who shrugged. “Seriously, all this happened while we were out?” He asked Bill.
“Did you wanna see the show?” I asked sarcastically. “It wasn't at all entertaining.”
Georg and Gustav shook their heads at my sarcasm.
“So back to the Bella subject. Where'd she go? And where's Clara?” Gustav asked interestingly.
“We don't know where Bella is. Probably wandering around somewhere. And Clara's in her room. She hasn't come out since the fight,” Bill answered with a shrug.
Georg and Gustav nodded understandingly.
“Is she coming back?” Gustav asked quietly, after a few minutes of silence.
I looked at him. “We're counting on it.”
“What if she takes off?” Georg asked, and I shot him a sudden glare.
“She's not gonna take off!” I screeched, making him jump a little in his seat.
“All right, man. Jeez, I was just asking,” Georg said, holding his hands up defensively.
Bill looked at me, shaking his head. “Tom, you seriously need a chill pill. She'll be back, so stop your barking.”
I made a face at him, and crossed my arms.
“Maybe someone should go talk to Clara,” Gustav interjected. “Even though it was her fault that Bella left, she still might be hurting.”
“Yeah, you're right,” Bill agreed. “Who wants to go?”
I looked down, not responding. Georg did the same thing.
"I'll go," Gustav offered, with a shrug.
Bill nodded. “Okay.”
Gustav stood from the couch and strided towards the door and soon, he disappeared out of the room.
“So, anything else happen while Gustav and I were gone? It seems like the world fell apart and we weren't even here to experience it,” He joked, with a small laugh.
Bill bit his lip, glancing at me. “Tom loves Bella.”
I looked at him in disbelief. Did he seriously have to tell Georg?
Georg's eyes widened as he looked at me. “What?! You love Bella?!”
I rolled my eyes. “Yeah.”
“And does she know? She knows, right?” Georg asked excitedly, just like Bill had.
I looked down. “I haven't told her yet.”
Georg nodded and then his eyes widened again. “Wait a minute.....isn't it weird that you haven't told her and she left?”
I sighed theatrically, collapsing back on the bed.
“Ironic, huh?” Bill said to Georg, who nodded in agreement.
“Could you guys please stop discussing my personal business?” I snapped, putting my hands on my head.
I had a sudden headache, which was only caused by my nervousness.
“Personal business or love life,” Georg teased, as he and Bill shared a giggle fit.
I grunted, grabbing the nearest pillow on the bed and hurling it at them. It landed on Georg, who let out a squeal.
A few minutes later, Gustav walked through the door. We all turned our heads to face him.
“How'd it go?” Georg asked curiously, as Gustav sat down in his previous spot, on the couch.
Gustav sighed. “Well, at first she didn't let me come in. After I insisted, she opened the door and we just talked.”
“And?” Bill asked curiously.
“She's not letting it go, man. She's pissed that we all lied to her.”
I sighed, sitting up in bed. “This is awful. One girl is mad and the other one is missing.”
“Girls are so complicated,” Georg said, shaking his head.
“I agree,” Gustav said.
We all stayed silent.
I hated worrying about things, since worry wasn't my strongest aspect.
But how could I not worry? I didn't know when Bella would be back. But I settled for waiting. I'd wait all night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Girls do what they want
Whoa whoa
Boys do what they can.