Dance With Me in This Rain

I'm Your Biggest Fan

“The movies? Wow, that's smart."
Tom and I were standing hand-in-hand in front of a corner movie theater. He hadn't told me where we were going earlier and I had wondered if he'd actually be taking me to a strip bar. No joke, I really thought he would've.
But, obviously, he was kidding. Apparently, the movies was the perfect date.
I looked up at Tom beside me, who was wearing his sunglasses and a beanie, which you could only see some of his dreads sticking out from under it. He was wearing his usual baggy clothes, and since it was cold, he wore his black hoodie. He told me that no one would recognize him if he had his hood up.
I, on the other hand, settled for some plain blue jeans and a green long sleeved shirt with flats. Since Tom hadn't given me any clue to where we were going earlier, I had decided to dress very simple. And it worked out. You don't need to be dressed all fancy in a movie theater.
“I know, right? I mean, it's dark and nobody can see us. We can sit way in the back, too. Plenty of time to make out.” He winked, nudging me in the arm.
I laughed. “Like I said, smart. Let's just hope no one really does recognize you. Cause if they do, we're screwed. And I mean big time screwed.”
He nodded but then waved his hand. “They won't. I'll put my hoodie up when we get in. Let me just get the tickets. Stay right here,” He ordered, before walking off towards the ticket stand, where there were about seven people in line. It looked like the theater wasn't crowded. Good news. That made things even better.
“All righty, let's go,” Tom sang as he came back to me. He placed an arm around my waist and we both walked inside the theater, being greeted by a much warmer atmosphere. Right away, the buttery smell of popcorn filled my nostrils.
“No one recognizes me, right?” Tom whispered suddenly, lowering his head, as he pulled the hood over his head.
I laughed a little. Like I said, I was so not used to this kind of situation. “No, but you might be a reason of attraction.”
He looked at me thoughtfully, as he pulled his sunglasses down to the tip of his nose so he could see me clearer. “Why?”
“Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you're wearing sunglasses indoors.....at night.”
He made a face. “Do you want me to be noticed?”
“Tom, I don't think anybody's gonna notice you right away. I mean, why the hell would Tom Kaulitz be in some random movie theater at this hour? People will probably think they're hallucinating or something.”
At least, that was what I thought.
He pursed his lips. “I don't know...”
“Just lose the shades, Tom.”
He sighed, rolling his eyes. “Fine.”
His hands reached up and removed the sunglasses off his face, placing them carefully inside his pocket. He then forced me a small smile, which I took as a sign of defeat.. “Do I look like Tom Kaulitz?”
I shook my head, with a laugh. “No. Now you just look overly gangster with that hood up.”
He flashed a grin. “Great. Now let's get going before we miss the movie.” He intertwined our fingers and began leading me towards the theater.
“Um, by the way, what movie are we watching?” I asked wonderingly, once we got settled in two seats in the far back of the theater, just as Tom had requested earlier.
“Some love/comedy shit. Is that okay with you?” He asked.
I laughed silently at his oh so excellent description of the movie, then shrugged. "Sure. Whatever."
“Cool. And hey, between you and me, we won't be watching the movie anyway, right?” He whispered, wiggling his eyebrows. I snorted in laughter and pushed him away playfully as he was trying to lean over me.
"Aww, what the hell?"
“Later, okay? People are coming in,” I whispered back to him, pointing towards a few couples who made their way into the theater.
“Fine,” He murmered, rolling his eyes.
I nodded and crossed my legs, looking at the gigantic screen in front of me, which was exhibiting a few movie trailers. Some of them seemed cool. I wondered if we could come back there more times on other dates.
“Now I have to wait to kiss my girlfriend. Unbelievable,” I heard Tom mumbling to himself, which made me laugh under my breath.
This kid wasn't real.
“Can't you go without kissing me for just five minutes?” I joked, as I punched him lightly on the shoulder.
He just made a face at me, crossing his arms. “Was that a trick question?"
I rolled my eyes. “And I'm the baby in this relationship?”
He pouted. "Meanie."
“Immature," I replied, just as childishly.
“Know-it-all.”
“Stupid.”
He paused, and stared at me. “Is this totally turning you on right now?”
“Not really."
"Oh, come on. This is definitely a turn on."
I arched a brow. "What? Arguing?"
He grinned.
I shook my head, sighing. "I'm not surprised. Anything is able to turn you on."
"Nuh uh. Not everything!"
I smirked. "Oh really? What doesn't turn on Tom Kaulitz, the man whore of Germany?"
He flipped me off and I laughed.
"Well, guys definitely don't turn me on. Ha, so there." He grinned, totally satisfied.
I bit back a laugh. "Wow, I was wrong, Tom. I'm sorry."
"That was sarcasm, wasn't it?" He pointed.
"You know, you should learn that my sarcasm comes and goes just like that," I said, with a snap of my fingers.
He rolled his eyes. "You know, if your sarcasm didn't turn me on so much, I might have already gotten fed up with it."
I couldn't control my laughter with this one. "Oh, Tom-Tom. You're adorable."
"Was that-"
"No, that wasn't sarcasm. Jeez, boy, get a grip."
He laughed. "This is fun. I like arguing in movie theaters."
"So do I," I said, laughing also.
“Hey, you want to, maybe, get out of here and go to some place a little more private, say...a motel?” He grinned.
I shook my head in mock disappointment. "Can you tone it down?"
“Jeez, I was only kidding,” He said, shaking his head. “Can't take a joke, can you, Ms. Sarcasm?”
“The problem with your jokes is that they always involve sex.”
He laughed. “And since when is sex a problem?” He questioned, a little too loud, might I add. This caused two women, sitting two seats in front of us, to turn around and stare at us like we were conjoined by the head or something.
Good Lord.
I lowered my head, avoiding any possible eye contact with them and Tom remained cool, as if he hadn't just blurted the word sex out loud in a theater.
“Could you be any more obnoxious?” I hissed, my gaze falling on his face.
He pursed his lips. “Maybe.”
I sighed, sinking down in my seat. “I think I'm going back to being confined in my hotel room.”
Tom laughed silently. “Baby, you get annoyed so easily."
"I wonder why," I replied sarcastically.
He smiled. "It's cute on you."
I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?"
"Very."
I stuck my tongue out at him. I was too tired for any more sarcasm.
“Ohhh, was that an invitation to your mouth? I gladly take it,” He winked.
I flicked his forehead. “Shh. The movie's starting.”
He hmphed and settled for placing an arm around me, as he pulled me closer to him.
"Damn, these separators," He mumbled, lifting up the seat separator that was in between us. Then he smiled, as I scooted closer next to him. "There. Much better."
I smiled at him and looked back at the screen. The movie, which was subtitled, went on and I was beginning to enjoy it. It wasn't one of those mushy gushy love movies. No, this one I could actually endure.
After about a half hour into the movie, I heard Tom sighing next to me. I turned around only to see him with his head back, and his eyes fluttering, as if he was trying his hardest to stay awake.
"Tom?" I whispered.
He didn't answer.
I then elbowed him in the ribs, and that's when his head shot up and his gaze fell upon my face. "Yeah, babe?"
"You're asleep."
He narrowed his eyes. "No I'm not."
I rolled my eyes. "Yes you are."
"Then how am I talking to you?" He replied with a 'duh' expression on his face. I sighed and shook my head.
"Do you wanna leave? Is this boring for you?" I asked, slightly disappointed that I was having to watch a movie with him sleeping next to me.
He looked confused. "No, no. I'm sorry. I just get sleepy in movie theaters sometimes."
I gave him a confused look. "Then why'd you bring me? You know very well that we could've stayed at the hotel."
He shook his head, beginning to straighten up in his seat. "Cause I wanted to spend time with you...And, ya know...."
"What?"
He made a funny face. "And I didn't want you to feel like we didn't spend any time together."
I looked at him in disbelief, my eyes widening. "I don't feel like that."
"You don't?"
"Of course not!" I pulled his hood down so that it covered his face. He laughed.
"I'm sorry. Look, I'm awake," He said with a smile and I laughed again.
"You sure you don't wanna just leave? Seriously, I won't feel-"
"Bella, come on. Just shut up and watch the fucking movie," He said with another laugh. I raised an eyebrow.
"Please?" He said, pouting his lower lip.
"Fine."
I laid my head on his shoulder and his arms were comfy around me. A few more minutes into the movie, I myself was on the verge of sleeping. I don't know, after a while, the movie got boring.
"Hey," Tom whispered softly in my ear. I lifted my head up.
"Want some popcorn?" He asked.
"Nah. I'm good," I replied.
"You sure? I'll go get some. I mean, I'm kind of starving."
I smiled. "Okay. Then go get some. I'll save your seat."
He suddenly looked at me confusingly and scanned the theater around us.
"But there's practically no one here."
I sighed, unwrapping my arms from around him and looked at him. "Now that was sarcasm, Tom."
"Ha ha," He said, playfully shoving me. I grinned and he stood up from his seat.
"Oh! Tom!" I whispered loudly, catching him before he could walk away.
"What?"
"Can you get me a coke?"
"Yeah, sure. Be right back," He said with a smile as he turned around once again and made his way out of the aisle and out of the theater,
I settled in my seat, crossing my legs. I moved a few more times, trying to find at least some comfort. I guess after being seated for too long, the chairs eventually become uncomfortable.
"Damn," I mumbled to myself, finally sitting up straight.
Ten minutes had eventually passed and I began wondering why Tom was taking so long to return.
I thought about going to look for him and just as I was about to get up off the uncomfortable seat, I saw him rushing back into the theater, panting.
I stared down at his empty hands. "Hey, where's-"
"Bells, we gotta get out of here. Now," He quickly interrupted, tugging on my sleeve.
I narrowed my eyes confusingly.
What the hell? "What? Why?"
He breathed heavily. "These girls recognized me!"
My eyes went wide. "What?! How many?"
"I don't know. It was a big group!"
I put my hand on my head. "Shit, Tom! How did they recognize you? I thought you said that nobody would recognize you if you wore your hood up!"
He bit his lower lip nervously. "Well, that's the thing. I kinda forgot it was down..."
I closed my eyes. "Oh no."
"Wait, just let me explain. I was on my way to get popcorn and I see these girls watching me while I pass them. And all of a sudden, three of them just get up and start squealing like mad! They pointed at me and just started screaming my name!'"
My mouth gaped open.
Well, there goes our date.
"So how the hell did you get in here without them following you?"
"Well, after they started coming after me, I made a mad dash for the bathroom. I stayed in there for like three minutes and then I sneaked out the other door, where they didn't see me. I'm pretty sure they think I'm still in there."
I sighed. "Well, let's get the hell out of here before they come into this theater!" He nodded and grabbed my hand, and we both rushed out of the dark room. We recieved a few stares on our way out, but we just ignored them.
"Okay, do you see any of them?" I asked. We were both hiding behind a wall, which led all the way to the snack bar. Unfortunately, the exit door was right beside the snack bar, and in order to get there, we'd have to walk out into the wide space where we could clearly be seen by anyone.
Tom began looking around. "Um, no. I think we're clear."
"You sure? What if they, like, pounce at us from nowhere?" I questioned.
Tom sort of laughed at this. "They're not gonna do that, Bella."
"But what if they do?"
"They won't. We'll be quick."
"What if we're not quick enough?"
Tom must've heard the sudden panic in my voice, because he turned around with an incredibly concerned look on his face.
"Bells, relax. I think you're hyperventilating," He stated, examining my face.
"What? Oh no, I'm fine. C-can we just leave?" Suddenly, I didn't know why, I felt a bit lightheaded, so I abruptly reached my arms out for Tom. He automatically grabbed me before I could hit the floor.
Whoa.
"Bella?!"
I waved him off. "I'm fine, I'm fine. Head rush."
He narrowed his eyes.
"Okay, here's the plan. You take my hand and we'll just walk normally towards the door, not looking back. If they see us, we'll just make a run for it," He explained.
I sighed, now regaining posture. "Did I mention I'm so glad I came on this date with you?"
He rolled his eyes. "More sarcasm. Perfect."
I just laughed and he took my hand in his, tightly. As we emerged from behind the wall, we began walking quickly, nearly reaching the exit door. I had my head down, totally sure we were going to make it without being seen by any fan girl. But, as bad luck seemed to be on our side, we didn't.
"Guck mal, da ist Tom Kaulitz!" A girly voice suddenly boomed out of nowhere.
Tom and I looked at each other in shock once we realized a large group of girls running after us frantically.
Uh oh? "Shit!" I squealed.
"Come on!" Tom tugged on my hand so hard, it nearly dislocated my shoulder. Once we were out of the movies, we ran down the sidewalk in attempt to reach the corner of a building so that we could hide behind it without all the girls seeing us.
We came to a hault and I doubled over, panting like crazy. Tom did aswell. It was like running away from mad dogs. This was so not the date I had anticipated.
Tom's breathing became slower and he placed a hand on my shoulder.
"Are...you....okay?" He said in between loud breaths.
I took a minute to answer, waiting for all my hyperventilating to calm down. It seemed to take forever. Stupid adrenaline rush.
"I'm...fine," I choked. I then cleared my throat. "What the hell was that?! It's like being chased down by a pack of stampeding buffalos!"
He bit his lip.
"Tom, where the hell did all those girls come from? The theater was practically deserted when we went in!"
He shrugged, waving his hands. "I don't know. The girls probably contacted other girls and told them to come here?"
"Holy shit. And this is what you go through everytime fans recognize you?"
He smiled crookedly. "Pretty much, yeah. But Bill has it worse, though. And people always manage to tackle Georg and Gustav when they go out to public places."
I looked at him bewilderedly. Tom laughed a little. "Don't look so freaked, Bells."
I took a deep breath. "I'm-I'm not freaked. No, being chased down by screaming girls is perfectly normal," I said, trying hard not to make it sound so trembly and panicky.
Tom just lifted an eyebrow.
"Um, I guess that's the price you pay for fame, huh?" I stated, hoping the awkwardness would go away.
Tom sighed loudly before leaning his back against the old building's wall.
"Shit, Bella, I am so sorry." He dropped his face in his hands. I looked at him strangely.
"What do you mean? It wasn't your fault," I said, leaning against the wall next to him.
He sighed again. "Yes it was. You don't have to go through all of this."
I narrowed my eyes. "Hey, it's fine. At least we both made it out of there alive," I said with a small laugh, in attempt to lighten the sudden gloomy mood.
He didn't laugh.
"Tom-" I began, but was abruptly interrupted.
"Look, I know this is all too much for you. I don't expect you to ever get used to this sort of situation."
I paused. Was he the one freaking out now?
"I told you it's okay. You're a celebrity and this is all very much normal for you."
"Yeah, but not for you," He answered.
I sighed. Of course he was right. "Are you okay?"
He lifted his head up to look at me. He had a very serious look on his face. The kind of look that I was secretly afraid of. It was never good.
"This sucks. I should be asking you that."
"But you did and I told you I am fine." I half smiled, placing a hand on his face.
"Oh yeah? What about your panic attack back there?"
I scoffed, placing my hands on my hips. "That was so not a panic attack."
"Yeah, breathing fast and nearly fainting is definitely not a panic attack," He stated.
I swallowed a lump in my throat. "Was that sarcasm?" I asked quietly, trying very hard to create a much more positive vibe than the one going on at that moment.
He rolled his eyes. "Bella, I'm being serious here."
I waved my hand. "I don't know what you're worrying about. So I got a bit nervous. Big deal. I'm weak. No big surprise there."
He shook his head, looking down at his shoes. I, however, stood quietly next to him, hoping he wouldn't take this too seriously.
"It really blows that I can't take you out anywhere. Gah, it's infuriating."
I pursed my lips. "I don't care about that, Tom."
"But I do."
I stuffed my hands in my jeans.
We stayed silent for a while. I knew this bothered Tom a hell of a lot. But I had to show him that it didn't bother me.
Sure, I wasn't used to it. Sure, I may have had a slight 'panic attack', but that was only because this was all too new to me. But, dammit, I just had to get used to this. Otherwise, Tom would think he's ruining my life. Which he's not.
I hesitated before reaching out and taking his hand. He looked up at me and I smiled at him.
"Come on. We should leave before those girls find us. Otherwise, they'll probably skin me alive just to get close to you."
He put on a playful smile. "Skin you alive?"
I shrugged. "What else would they do? Your fans are bound to hate me anyways."
"What?"
"Well, if word gets out that Tom Kaulitz has a girlfriend, what do you think'll happen to me? Every girl on the face of the planet will hate me. They'll start sending me thousands of hate letters. Throw garbage at me.....The list goes on."
He threw me a weird look before bursting out in laughter. "They can't hate you. You're awesome."
I laughed. "Yeah, but they don't know that. And they certainly don't want to, either." I sighed dramatically, which made him laugh even more.
"I'm so glad you're with me. Even when I'm in the most shittiest mood, you still manage to make me laugh like an idiot."
I half smiled. "I could say the same thing."
He smiled back, and threw his arms around me. My arms automatically wrapped themselves around his neck.
"I'm still pissed, though," He then said into my shoulder. "It's not fair to you."
I clicked my tongue. "Fair, shmair. We're in this together, aren't we? Your problems are my problems."
He laughed silently. "Yeah. So I can always trust you?"
"Are you seriously asking me that?" I shook my head. "Silly German boy."
"I love you, Moore."
"And I would love to get out of here," I joked.
Leave the joking for later, Bella. Jeez.
Tom's head leaned away, as he looked at me with a raised eyebrow.
"Kidding," I said quickly. "I love you, Kaulitz." I smiled innocently at him and he rested his head on my shoulder again.
♠ ♠ ♠
We pave the roads we take
We bend before we break
Across the world with you.