Dance With Me in This Rain

Static Slumber Party

"So, are you really okay?" Tom inquired, as he watched me brush my teeth over the sink. I could see his eyes carefully examining my face from his reflexion in the mirror.
I was pretty annoyed. It probably had been like the hundredth time he'd asked me the same stupid question. I didn't get why he was pressing the subject. They were only fans. Why did I have to have a panic attack? Ugh. Weakling.
I spit out the toothpaste hastily and rinsed my mouth, before putting my toothbrush away.
"Tom, seriously. Drop it. I am fine." I made sure to say that last part real slowly.
He sighed, leaning on the door, now watching me comb my hair. I thought we had left this conversation behind us at the movie theater, but apparently not.
"I just wanna make sure it's all cool. You know how I am," He said with a small shrug.
I pursed my lips. "Yeah, I know. And yes, it's all fine. Can we please just not talk about this anymore?"
He smiled crookedly. "Yeah, sure. No more fan talk."
"Thank God," I mumbled, giving him a kiss on the cheek before stepping out of the bathroom. I walked over to my bed, collapsing lazily onto it. My hand reached over the nightstand and grabbed the remote control, pressing the on button.
"Oh, there's something I've been wanting to ask you," Tom exclaimed, as he came to sit next to me on the bed.
I placed a strand of hair behind my ear, and nodded. "What's up?"
"Well," He began, "There's this party which my friend is gonna throw for us."
"And by us, you mean you and the guys?"
He laughed. "Yeah, but he wants to meet you and Clara. I mean, we tell him alot about you guys and it kind of drives him mad."
I giggled.
"Yeah? And what's his name? Have I seen him before?" I asked, now fairly intrigued.
"No, you've never seen him. His name's Andreas," He replied, playing with my hair absent-mindedly.
"Cool."
"Anyways, the party's gonna be at this club me and the guys usually go to. It's really cool there and I was hoping you'd wanna go with us?" He grinned.
I laughed at his goofy grin. "Yeah, sure. When is it?" It's not like I have anything else to do, right?
"Tomorrow night," He answered, with a wider grin.
"Awesome. I'm there."
He clapped his hands in childish glee. "Oh, I'm so glad you're going! You're gonna love it there. You're a party girl, right?"
I narrowed my eyes confusingly. "And when have you ever seen me party, exactly?"
"Well, that time at the bar where you got totally hammered is still very fresh in my memory." He laughed.
I waved my hand. "Hey, that was one time. And I wasn't hammered."
He smirked. "Oh no? What were you, then? Shitfaced?" This cracked him up.
I rolled my eyes. "I was heavily inebriated, all right?"
"Oh, again with the fancy words," He scoffed. "Honey, you were loaded."
I exhaled loudly. "Whatever."
No point in arguing.
Tom smiled victoriously.
"I should say that in my defense, I didn't know that there was that much alcohol in a Rosita. So there."
He laughed. "You got screwed by that loser, that's the truth."
I couldn't keep a straight face, as a laugh escaped my mouth. That was the day Tom had "saved" me from that guy. What was his name again? Oh, right. Jack.
"Yeah, the loser you so gracefully punched in the face," I said with a smirk.
He shrugged. "Asshole got what he deserved."
"You don't regret it?"
"Punching him? Hell no."
I laughed. "All in all, it was a pretty fun day if you think about it. Well, with the exception of my puking in front of you afterwards at my apartment."
"It didn't bother me." He waved his hand.
I narrowed my eyes suspiciously. "Really? It didn't make you sick?"
He laughed. "No. I mean, well....you know. I didn't wanna leave you alone that day. I wanted to stay."
My face slowly loosened. "So why didn't you?"
He shrugged, and looked at the TV embarrassingly. He always looked away and pretended to be focused on something else whenever he was perturbed with something.
"Tom," I said sweetly.
"Yeah?" He said, eyes now glued to the screen. I could see his face getting red. People would never believe that he gets embarrassed easily judging by the way he acts in front of the cameras.
I laughed silently. "You're so emotionally deprived, you know that?" I joked, hitting him on the shoulder.
He made a face. "Among other things you call me."
"You know I always tell you the truth," I said with a laugh.
"That's what's annoying," He mumbled and I laughed harder. "You enjoy calling me names, don't you?"
I looked up and pretended to think. "Yes. Yes, I do."
He shook his head. "Hmm. I'm glad I amuse you so much."
"Aww," I pouted. "You sad?"
"Shut up."
"You still love me?" I put on a sad face.
He snorted in laughter. "I'm not even gonna answer that."
"Come on, Tom," I continued. "Tell me you looooove me."
He rolled his eyes, staring at the TV screen. I liked getting on his nerves. It was fun.
"So you don't liebe me?" I laughed a little as I threw in some German in my vocabulary. Tom faced me in wonder.
"Great. Mixing German with your English now. How cute." He laughed.
"And it's all for you," I said pinching his cheek. He swatted my hand away. "You know, I look forward to freaking you out one day when my German comes out perfect."
He smirked. "You speaking fluent German? I'd love to see that."
"You think I can't?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.
"Nah, I know you can," He said quickly. "You can do anything. You're annoyingly smart."
This made me smile idiotically. "You think I'm smart?"
"Well, yeah. That's one of the reasons why I...liebe you," He said, now humoring me.
I laughed victoriously. "So you do liebe me. I friggin' knew it."
"Yeah, big surprise there, huh?" He rolled his eyes. "Crazy."
I made a face.
"And don't even try to deny it," He added, pointing at me.
I shrugged. "I'm not denying. I know I'm crazy."
"I'm glad you agree. I thought you were gonna throw a fit," He joked.
"Oh, shut up," I said, shoving him.
"Wow, you get a little hyper at night, don't you? Have you been drinking behind my back?"
I laughed. "No, no. The only thing I do behind your back is make out with cute German guys I meet at bars while you're out."
His eyes widened.
I burst out laughing at his expression. "God, I love making you all confused like that. It's wildly amusing."
He sighed. "Well, that's what I'm here for. Amusement."
I patted his back and adjusted myself on the bed, so my head was now on his lap. "Don't worry. I don't liebe you just because you amuse me."
He laughed. "Well, that's good."
"So tell me more about this Andreas guy. Is he cool?" I asked, as I felt Tom's hands play with my hair.
"Uh, yeah. He's Bill's and mine's best friend."
"Aw. Do you guys know each other a long time?"
He shrugged. "Yeah, pretty much. About...seven or eight years."
"Wow. Is he hyper like you and Bill?"
He snorted. "I guess so. Everytime the three of us go out, we get pretty loaded. It's fucking awesome. We do some crazy shit when we're hammered."
I laughed. "I bet."
Tom nodded. "Anyways, you'll like him a lot. And I bet Clara will too. He loves Americans."
I smiled crookedly. "That's a relief. He knows English, right?"
"Of course. He's better at it than me and Bill, though, I can tell you that. I think you two will really hit it off."
I raised an eyebrow. "Jeez, Tom. Are you trying to set me up with him or something?"
He rolled his eyes and flicked my forehead.
"Ow!" I squealed, slapping his cheek a bit more harder than I intended.
He laughed. "We have a bizarre relationship."
I shrugged. "Normalcy just isn't our thing. Besides, I like hitting you. I do not, however, like being flicked on the forehead."
"That ain't fair! You can hit me but I can't flick you on the forehead?"
"Tom, must you always turn everything into a discussion?" I faked disapproval.
He shook his head. "Like I said, you're crazy. Crazy, crazy, crazy."
"That's a lot of crazies," I pointed with a laugh.
"Exactly."
I grinned.
"I go crazy, crazy. Baby, I go crazyyy," I began singing quietly.
"Oh dear God, she's singing," He gasped.
I began swaying my head side to side. "You turn it on, then you're gone. Yeah you drive me crazy, crazy..."
"Bella," He whined. "What the hell?"
"Crazy, for you baby! What can I do, honey. I feel like the color bluuuue," I continued, ignoring him out of stupidity.
He raised an eyebrow, but continued smiling.
"Come on, Tom," I said, while laughing, as I tugged on his arm. "You love Aerosmith."
"So?"
"So....sing, kid."
"What? Bella, are you high?" He joked. "Your voice is much prettier than mine."
I made a face. "Bullshit. You're just embarrassed."
"I am not."
I clicked my tongue, ignoring him as I switched to humming instead.
He pursed his lips. "That kind of lovin' makes me wanna pull down the shade, yeah that kind of lovin', yeah now I'm never, never, never gonna be the same..." He started singing drunkenly, which made me laugh hard.
"Ahh," Tom said a few minutes later, staring up at the ceiling, with me right next to him, staring aswell. "That was some random singing. But I enjoyed it."
"Same here," I said with a laugh.
"Yeah, we should always sing."
"Hey, I know. Why don't you ditch the other guys and start a band with me? I know we won't beat out Tokio Hotel's success but it'll be worth it once we're swimming in cash."
Tom made a funny face. "You're funny."
"And crazy. Don't forget crazy," I pointed, as Tom rolled his eyes.
"You're kind of unpredictable."
I bit my lip. "And that's a good thing?"
"Hell yes. Spontaneity is my kind of thing."
I paused, and let out a suddenly humorless laugh. "Hmm."
Tom looked at me strangely. "What?"
I shrugged, as I placed my hands behind my head and looked up at the ceiling. "Nothing, I........well, it's just, a couple months ago, way before we started going out....I had this conversation with Clara and she was telling me how much of a planner I was and I how I should live day to day without thinking too much about the future...and blah blah blah."
Tom snorted in laughter. "Really? She said you were a planner? What does that even mean?"
"It means the exact opposite of spontaneous," I said with a small laugh.
"Then how come you're insane with me then?"
I furrowed my eyebrows, and stared up at the ceiling again in thought. "I don't know.....maybe it's because you've changed me in some way."
Tom propped himself up by his elbow and rested the side of his head on his palm, as he looked down at me. And how intrigued he was. "I changed you?"
I half smiled, as I felt my cheeks go red. "Well, yeah."
"Would you say it was a good change?"
"Of course. You kind of brought out the kid in me, you know? I always thought that I had to be responsible and all that shit and you made me realize that it's not everything. That I can have fun once in a while."
He smiled. "I did all that? Seriously?"
I nodded. "Sure did."
"Man, I'm good."
I stuck my tongue out at him. "Stop gloating."
He laughed. "I'm not. But hey, you gotta admit, I'm freakin' awesome to change you like that. Tell me, who else could've done that?"
"Tom," I whined. "You completely ruined the mood. Get over yourself, man."
He made a face. "I'd rather get on top of you, if you don't mind."
I tried biting back a laugh, but was unsuccessful.
Tom and I were laughing again for what seemed like minutes. We probably looked like two teens on crack. We were so caught up in the whole laughing bit that we didn't even notice Bill and Clara standing in the doorway of the room, staring at us in awe.
I looked at Tom, and he just continued laughing. I sat up in bed and smiled at both of them.
"Are we interrupting something?" Bill asked, crossing his arms.
"Nope. Nothing," I replied, waving my hand. "What brings you guys here?"
Clara made a funny face. "Well, we heard you guys laughing like hienas in here..." She trailed off.
"And we thought you were doing the dirty," Bill continued. "Clara here insisted we come see what was going on......and since you two have your clothes on, I think it's safe to say that they were not having sex. Thank goodness," He whispered to Clara, who laughed and nudged him in the ribs.
My jaw dropped, and Tom sat up quickly. "You were gonna spy on us?!"
"Well, technically it's not spying. I mean, you guys aren't doing anything," Bill said with a laugh. "And by the way, what the hell is so funny?"
"Yeah," Clara said with a nod.
I rolled my eyes. "Nothing," I responded curtly.
"We were just being stupid," Tom said, waving them off.
Both Clara's and Bill's faces held confusion as they stared each other down.
"That's it? So what, no dirty talk?" Bill asked.
"Dude, what the hell? Why are you so interested if we're doing the dirty or not?" Tom asked his brother. "Go find someone else to spy on."
"We would, but Georg and Gustav are out so that only leaves you two," Clara said with a shrug.
"Yeah, can we hang out here for a while?" Bill asked, as he walked over and sat on the edge of our bed with a huge grin. Clara did the same, and Tom and I faced each other briefly.
"There's no point in saying no, is there?" Tom said with a sigh, as he laid on his back.
"Yay," Clara said, clapping her hands. "Sleepover."
"What? Oh come on. You guys have your own rooms!" Tom whined.
"Zip it, Kaulitz. I wanna spend some time with my best friend, if you don't mind," Clara argued.
I laughed and shook my head. "Hey, Clara, I've got some news. There's gonna be a party tomorrow in honor of Tokio Hotel and we're invited."
She put on a look of surprise. "Seriously? Oh, that's awesome. I am so there. And it works out perfectly, cause now I can spend more time with Gustav."
I smiled.
Bill made a face. "Oh yay. Everyone's gonna get to spend time with their loved ones and me? I'll be able to spend time with myself. How delightful."
"Ah, Bill. That's not true. We're all your loved ones. You'll spend time with us," I said, patting his shoulder.
He sighed. "That's not what I meant, Bells. I don't have a girlfriend."
"And whose fault is that?" Clara asked, raising an eyebrow.
Bill shot her a dirty look. "What, is it wrong for me to want something more than just a one night stand with a girl?"
"Um....yeah," Tom said.
I rolled my eyes and hit him upside the head, "No, it's not wrong, Bill. It's perfectly normal. Don't listen to your brother," I said, glaring briefly at Tom, who rubbed his head with a groan.
Bill just shrugged. "You know, it's actually nice being alone, but after a while, you get sick of it. I just don't know if I'll ever be lucky enough to find the right kind of girl."
I gave him a sympathetic look and Tom just kept shaking his head. Clara, on the other hand, stared at him in confusion for a long time.
"Bill, you're a rare species of man," She concluded. "Very rare."
Bill furrowed his eyebrows. "Um.......thank you?"
She shrugged. "If you want, I could help you with the girl hunt," She suggested.
Tom snorted in laughter and I gave him another glare. He took it as a sign to shut his mouth.
"What? Ah, no way. I really don't want help."
"Why not? You don't want anybody to help you?" She asked.
"No. I don't want you to help me. You're too mean and aggressive," He complained.
"What?!" She screeched, which made me and the guys jump in surprise. She then looked at all of us, and quickly regained her posture, clearing her throat. "I mean, what?" She said, now in a softer tone.
"Look, Bill. Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be able to find the right girl. Who knows, you could meet her at this party tomorrow," I said. "And if you don't, I'll help you."
He made a face of uncertainty. "I feel stupid. I should be able to find someone on my own. You shouldn't need to help me."
"But I want to. Seriously, Bill. Girls don't know what they're missing," I encouraged.
Bill pursed his lips. "Okay. Thanks, Belle."
I smiled. Clara's jaw dropped as she looked at Bill wide-eyed.
"How come you let her help you?!"
"She's not gonna tear my head off," Bill answered and Clara let out a frustrated sigh.
"Is it okay that I'm totally amused by this whole situation?" Tom asked, suppressing his laughter. "You people are hilarious."
♠ ♠ ♠
I can call you out and complain the rain is worse
But it's that much better if I blame it on a person.