Dance With Me in This Rain

Touching and Kissing

THE NEXT DAY

"Bill, calm down. Everything's fine. He's here. He's here with me. Just breathe," I spoke these words quickly and firmly, hearing Bill's excessive panting on the other side of the line. The poor guy sounded like he was having an asthma attack.
He had called, desperate, telling me he had lost Tom and that he should've been looking out for his brother instead of worrying about the tour.
"Oh, thank Jesus!" Bill exclaimed, so loud, I had to pull the phone away from my ear. "A small part of me actually thought he went after you, and then I was like, nah he wouldn't just take off like that, but apparently I was wrong. Tom will be the death of me, Bella. Mark my words."
A small, nervous laugh escaped my mouth. "He's fine. We talked."
Bill's breathing slowed a bit and I waited patiently for him to catch his breath. "You did? Did you two reconcile?"
"Yeah. You wouldn't believe the drama that went down, Bill. It was like a really really bad soap opera."
Bill cracked a laugh. "I'm not surprised. Drama is the perfect word to describe your relationship with my idiot brother."
I smiled. "Shut up."
"Hey, just saying the God honest truth. Anyways, is Tom there with you right now?"
"He's taking a shower," I replied, looking over my shoulder at the bathroom door, which was cracked open. I could hear the water running.
"Oh. I have to talk to him. I mean, I'm really really really glad you two made up. But we sort of have to play a few more shows before the tour's over."
I nodded, pushing some of my hair back. "Yeah, I know. I talked to him about that."
"Really? What'd he say?"
"I think he's tired, I don't know. He said he doesn't want to leave."
Bill sighed dramatically. I could just picture the look of exasperation on his face. "Great. That means we'll have to cancel some shows."
I frowned. "Oh no."
"Yeah," He sighed again. "Do you think he feels pressured or something?"
"I honestly don't know, Bill. It's hard to tell these sorts of things with Tom."
"Ugh. Oh well. Every band goes through these types of problems. Ours couldn't be any different."
I buried my face in my free hand. "Bill, I'm so sorry this is happening. It's my fault."
Bill snorted. "It's no one's fault. Problems are just unavoidable. We'll get through this. We always manage our shit one way or another."
I didn't say anything.
"Bells, don't blame yourself, okay? It's all good. Seriously," Bill tried.
"Not gonna work, Bill," I mumbled.
Bill laughed. "Silly Bella. Always so pessimistic. Ask Tom to cheer you up, kay?"
"I'm not the one who needs cheering up."
"Ugh. I'm not discussing any more band stuff with you. You're not even in the band!"
This made me laugh.
"Aha! I made you laugh. Now we're making some progress."
I grinned.
"I can totally picture you smiling right now."
"Wow, you're good," I said with a small laugh.
"I know, I know."
I laughed again, suddenly hearing the bathroom door opening behind me and Tom stepping out with a towel wrapped around his waist. Tom eyed me suspiciously and mouthed the words who is it?.
"Oh, Bill. Tom just walked in!" I stated abruptly, standing up from the bed.
Tom raised an eyebrow at me. "Bill called?"
I nodded.
"Greaaaat. Put him on the phone," Bill chimed.
"Just a sec," I said, before taking the phone to Tom.
Tom looked scared. "Is he mad?"
"No, no. He just wants to talk to you," I answered, gesturing the phone toward him.
Tom breathed out before taking the phone and placing it next to his ear.
"B-Bill?" Tom rubbed his forehead. "Um, yeah."
I sat back down on the bed and began playing with my hair.
"Damn, Bill. I know, I know. Give me a break, man. Yeah, yeah. You said that already.Verdammt, Bill! "
I glanced at Tom, only to see him biting his nails. He looked so nervous.
"What if we do the next ones for free? Yeah, it works out. I'll talk to David when I get back. I don't know when. No.Ugh, fine. Whatever. Okay."
Tom continued talking for a few more minutes, and then he said a very grim goodbye.
"Ugh, I hate Bill's bitchy fits," He mumbled, throwing the phone at me. I had my hands out to catch it, but it ending up landing on the floor with a thud.
"Sorry," He said, grinning sheepishly.
I rolled my eyes and picked the phone up, tossing it on my bed. "Bill had a bitchy fit? He was totally cool with me. I mean, after I calmed him down."
"Duh, he's never mad at you."
I shrugged.
"But I think things will work out," He said, nodding. "We always manage our shit."
"That's exactly what Bill said."
He laughed. "Wow, what a coinkydink."
I rolled my eyes.
"You going to bed?" He asked, now drying himself off.
I shrugged. "I'm not really tired."
He nodded, going back into the bathroom. "What do you wanna do, then?"
I laid back, spreading my arms open. "I don't know. Got any ideas inside that little head of yours?"
Tom soon emerged from the bathroom, shirtless and with boxers. My eyes went wide, and I quickly sat up in bed. I felt my cheeks burning hot. I didn't know why I did that. I'd seen Tom without his shirts various times.
Tom laughed. "I don't understand how someone can be so easily embarrassed as yourself."
I shrugged. "Sorry. That's just how I am."
Tom smirked. "It's cute."
My cheeks burned hotter.
He smiled and shrugged, as he came walking toward me. He sat down next to me, swinging an arm over my shoulder. "So you're not going to bed now?"
"Nah. I'm just gonna get into my pjs and see if there's a movie on TV. Wanna join?" I asked, standing up.
He shrugged. "Yeah, sure."
I nodded and opened my drawers, pulling out an old Led Zeppelin tee and short shorts. I began taking my shirt off and that's when Tom's eyes widened dramatically.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What are you doing?" He asked.
I eyed him weirdly. "What's it look like?"
"B-But you never get undressed in front of me. Ever. I mean, we just went over how you're too embarrassed about stuff and then you go and take your shirt off in front of me and-"
I laughed out loud, interrupting his sentence. "Tom, you're panicking."
"Psh. No way."
"Uh huh," I said, rolling my eyes. "Do you want me to change in the bathroom?"
He made a face. "You did not just ask me that."
I shrugged, and slipped on my Led shirt and short shorts. Tom grinned.
"So pretty," He commented with a cheeky grin.
I laughed. "Right back at you."
He waved his hand. "No way. I think you're too pretty for me."
"Are you kidding?"
"Nope." He grinned.
I rolled my eyes. "Such a child."
"And yet you still love me," He sang, winking.
I laughed. "Come on. Let's go watch TV," I said, taking his hand and dragging him out of the room. We both sat on the couch. Correction: Tom sat on the couch. He had, once again, abruptly pulled me into his lap.
"I'm afraid I'm getting used to this, you know," I said, resting my head on his chest.
"You should, doll," He said, playing with my hair.
I lifted my head and kissed him.
He smiled. "What was that for?"
I shrugged. "Nothing special. Just felt like it."
"Hmm, okay," He shrugged, messing up my hair.
"Ohh, look. I know this movie!" I squealed, turning the volume up on the remote control.
"What movie is this?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at the screen.
"The Wedding Singer. Duh."
He laughed. "Was I supposed to know that? I never watched it before."
"Really?! It's only one of Adam Sandler's best. Seriously, it's awesome. And we are so watching it right now."
"Okay. If you say it's good then I believe you."
"Right on, Kaulitz. Now shut up cause it's starting," I said, patting his head before fixing my eyes on the screen.

____

"I heard you on my wireless back in '52
Lying awake intent on tuning in on you
If I was young it didn't stop you coming through
Oh oh
"

The credits began rolling as the movie ended, and I moved my head up a bit. Tom was nearly asleep.
"Hey, hey," I said, shaking him a little. "Tom."
"Yo!" Tom replied, his eyes widening suddenly.
I laughed at his reaction and sat up, leaping off his lap.
"The movie's over already?!" He rubbed his eyes.
"Yep. I can't believe you didn't even see the ending," I said with another laugh.
"I saw the ending."
"Oh, yeah? What happened?" I asked, crossing my arms and giving him a smirk.
Tom made a face. "They got married, didn't they?"
I raised an eyebrow.
Tom grinned. "I'm right, aren't I? Robbie and Julia got married and lived happily ever after. It was kinda obvious, though. I mean, the guy sang to her in an airplane before declaring his love for her and all."
I rolled my eyes. "You win this time."
"Yay," He said, uninethusiastically, leaning his head back on the couch. "The movie's cool. In a way, we're sort of like them."
"Hmm. Yeah. Reality beats fiction, though. They aren't nearly as dysfunctional as us," I joked.
"True. And Julia isn't nearly as pretty as you are." He grinned.
"Aww. So flattering."
Tom raised an eyebrow. "Are you being sarcastic?"
"No." I grinned. "Can't you tell?"
He snickered. "Not really."
I burst out laughing. "Go to sleep, Tom. You look so tired."
He waved his hand. "Nah. If you're awake, I'm awake."
"Fine. I'm going to the kitchen. In the meantime, why don't you go lay down on my bed? I'll be there in a sec."
Tom grunted in response and got up, walking lazily towards my room. "Can you bring me some water?"
"Yeah, sure," I called back, as I entered the kitchen.
A few minutes later, I walked back to my room with a glass of water in hand. To my surprise, Tom was sitting cross-legged on the bed, wide awake, reading a magazine.
I laughed. "I thought you'd be asleep by now," I said, handing him the water.
He looked up and smiled, taking it. "Thanks, babe."
"No prob."
"I was gonna sleep but then I saw this mag with this fine looking woman on the cover and I thought I'd give it a read." He held up the magazine with a sly grin.
I rolled my eyes. "You didn't think it was porn, did you?"
He snorted. "Of course not. You're too pristine to have porn stashed in your room."
I grabbed the nearest pillow and thrusted it at his face. "Shut up."
"You are!" He laughed. "There's nothing wrong with that, Bells."
"Would you stop harrassing me?!" I laughed a little. "Seriously, enough with the purity jokes."
Tom just shrugged and looked back down at the magazine.
"Besides," I started, making my way to the bathroom, "You've already corrupted my innocence."
Tom's mouth fell.
I just laughed out loud and shut the door behind me once I was in the bathroom. I quickly began brushing my teeth, and as I was about to spit, a large amount of toothpaste flew to my shirt.
"Oh shit!" I squealed, quickly rinsing my mouth.
"What happened?" I heard Tom calling from the bedroom.
I sighed and opened the bathroom door. "I spilled toothpaste all over my shirt."
Tom snickered. "So?"
"So? It's all over Jimmy Page's face," I replied, staring down at my shirt. "And Robert Plant's hair."
"Big deal," He replied, flipping a page. "Just change your shirt."
"But I like sleeping with Led," I joked, going over to my drawer.
"Sleeping with me is a lot better, you gotta admit."
I laughed, pulling out a smaller tee. I then noticed, at the very bottom of my drawer, something pink. I narrowed my eyes and grabbed it, suddenly realising what it was as I held it up.
I heard Tom whistling. "Whoa!"
I spun around, looking at him weirdly. "What?"
"That's some smexy outfit you got there. Is that really yours?"
"It's just a nightgown. My sister gave it to me."
Tom nodded. "Reaaaaaally? It's hot. Incredibly hot."
I laughed. "Everything's hot to you."
"Put that on." He wiggled his eyebrows.
I snorted. "I'll stick with my tee, thank you. I don't really wear nightgowns. When it's really hot, I just wear a big shirt without shorts."
"Damn. I'd like to see that."
"Tom, you're like the horniest person ever. Could you tone it down just a little?"
He laughed. "Sorry. Sometimes I say things without thinking."
"Yeah, I've noticed," I said, taking off the Led Zeppelin shirt. "So, what, you're not tired anymore?"
He shook his head.
"We're just gonna stay up all night, reading magazines?" I laughed, as I sat myself down next to him, mimicking his position.
Tom smiled. "We got other options."
I furrowed my brows. "I think I already know."
Tom closed the magazine. "And?"
I laughed. "What if we just.....talk?"
Tom leaned back, giving me a look of suspicion. "Aren't we doing that now?"
"You know what I mean. Really talk. About stuff."
"But we always talk about everything, Bells. At least I think we do. Do you have anything to tell me?" He questioned.
I shrugged, laying on my back. "Not anything important."
He nodded. "Anything else, then?"
I made a face. "You don't have anything to say?"
Tom looked thoughtful. "Um..........no?"
I laughed. "This is great."
Tom laughed also and pulled me closer to him. "So what if we have nothing to talk about? I still like being with you and you still like being with me. What does it matter?"
I pursed my lips. "Good point."
"I'm smart, I know. I think your smartness has rubbed off on me."
"Aww." I ticked his forehead. "Let's just turn the lights off and try to go to sleep."
He snickered. "Kay."
I nodded and leaped off the bed, turning off the lights, before hopping back on it.
"Wow, that was quick," Tom commented, before facing his whole body towards me and wrapping an arm around my waist.
"Yeah, I'm like the Road Runner." I cracked a laugh.
Tom and I were lying next to each other, in a comfortable silence. I knew he'd fall asleep way before I would. I was only waiting for his light snore to sound off.
I stared up at the ceiling while random thoughts circled inside my head. One of my fingers began tapping itself lightly against my stomach.
I wasn't tired at all.
"Bella?" Tom's sleepy voice whispered.
"Hmm?" My head turned to him.
"You're not tired, are you?"
"I've been having some insomnia problems these last few days."
"Really?" He asked. "Because of me?"
I didn't answer.
Tom just nodded. "I'm really sorry."
"Just go back to sleep, Tom," I whispered, carressing his cheek.
Tom took my hand, closing his eyes.
I looked at him thoroughly. Something inside me made me realise how much I really cared for that kid. It was kind of inexplicable how much I loved him. Even after what he did in Germany, I knew I'd never stop loving him. He was Tom. The boy I had once hated, but then found myself crazy for. The boy I had countless fights with but at the end of the day, I still loved him more than anything. Yeah, I was out of my head in love. No matter how corny that sounds.
I leaned my head closer to his and kissed him. This made his eyes pop open. I didn't say anything as I deepened the kiss, my body now closer to his.
Tom smiled into the kiss and he wrapped his arms tighter around me, pulling me up over his body. It all went kind of fast.
Next thing I knew, my shirt was off and so were my shorts, leaving me only in my lingerie. Tom's hands were all over my legs, and all I kept thinking was that I didn't want to stop. I was excited and I couldn't help it.
I was on top of him again, and I could feel his fingers fiddling with the clasp of my bra. I was so into it, that I didn't even realise how long Tom was actually taking to unhook it.
I was kissing him frantically, and then I heard him mumbling something.
I stopped, breathing heavily. "What is it?"
"I can't....get this thing off!" He grunted.
I burst out laughing. "You can't unhook my bra? Seriously?"
"What the hell? It's not coming off!"
I sighed and sat up.
"There's something wrong with your stupid bra, Bella," Tom whined. "It refuses to open."
I shook my head, stretching my arms back, taking the clasp in my hands.
"There's nothing wrong with it. You're just too clumsy." In a second, I unhooked it with ease.
"Well, sorry. You got me worked up," He said, shrugging. "I'm usually the one who starts things off. You surprise me all the time, don't you?"
I smiled, removing my bra and throwing it to the side of the bed.
Tom's eyes bulged out of his sockets. He quickly took both my arms and brought me down, now laying on top of me. In seconds, I was frantic again.
It was intense. Very different from all the other times. And though, fairly similar to the first time we'd done it. All I could think about was him and only him. His scent, the warmth of his skin. It drew me in. It was overwhelming.
I hoped the night wouldn't end so soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Running through these dirty streets
of concrete and steel
wrapped up in these velvet sheets
give me something surreal.