Dance With Me in This Rain

I Wanna Feel Weightless

Somehow, my life was becoming more and more twisted than I could've ever imagined. First, my boyfriend was a rock star. Second, I travelled for the very first time to Europe. Third, I was actually in a serious relationship. And fourth, I was pregnant with my rockstar boyfriend's baby. My used-to-be-normal-life was becoming a movie.
It was probably around 2 o' clock in the morning when I got out of bed and sat myself down on the kitchen table. I was terribly lost in thought. I was numb.
All I kept thinking about was Tom. Would he leave? He'd freak, I knew. Who wouldn't in this situation?
I rested my chin on my palm. I was so afraid. I was just going to have to tell Tom when he got back. Like I was actually going to drop this pregnancy bomb on him over the stupid phone.
"Iz?"
My head shot up and I saw my sister standing in the doorway of the kitchen rubbing her eyes tiredly and yawning. She had decided to spend the night, knowing how freaked out I was and how I couldn't handle this on my own. I told her she didn't have to but she just insisted and I was secretly greatful.
I stayed quiet as I hung my head low, playing with my hands.
"Dude, it's two o' clock in the morning," She moaned, stumbling over to the table and sitting on the chair next to me.
I sighed. "Can't sleep."
She yawned again and nodded as she was now fully awake. "Need company?"
I smiled crookedly. "You don't have to stay up with me."
"Don't worry. I'm one hundred percent awake now." She smiled back.
I just shrugged and went back to playing with my hands. Danni observed me for a while as I kept silent. Soon, I felt her hand on my shoulder, making me look up at her apathetically.
"What are you thinking about?" She questioned.
"Everything?" I laughed humorlessly as I flicked a piece of paper off the table.
Danni stared as the paper fell on the floor. "What's that?"
"Tom's number."
She nodded. "Going to tell him?"
I made a face. "Not over the phone."
"Well....let's think for a minute, shall we?"
"Here we go," I muttered, ready to hear what brilliance my sister had to share.
Danni rolled her eyes at my ill-humored mood. "If you tell him over the phone, then when he comes back, it'll eliminate the element of surprise. I mean, picture this. When he comes back, he'll already have his final reaction all straightened out and then you two will be able to have a mature conversation about this whole thing."
I blinked. "Mature conversation? You really don't know my boyfriend, do you? And, as I said before, it's not going to be over the damn phone. I don't care if it eliminates the element of surprise or whatever." I used air quotations. "It's not right. This is just something that has to be said face to face."
Danni sighed. "Okay. Whatever, I'm just trying to help."
I gave her a very crooked smile. "I'm glad you're with me in this, Dan."
She smiled.
Suddenly, the sound of the phone ringing met our ears.
"What the.....? Who calls you at two in the morning?" Danni inquired, as she followed me out of the kitchen. I just shrugged and picked up the phone from the coffee table.
"Hello?" I said a bit confusingly into the receiver.
I heard a shuffling noise on the other end of the line. "Babe?"
I narrowed my eyes. "Tom?" Why's he calling at this hour? Did something happen?
"Hey. Look, I'm so so so sorry for waking you up at this hour but I just had to call you. I was gone the whole day today taking care of band stuff, but all the while, I couldn't stop thinking about you. Did you go to the doctor?" He said those words all too fast.
I sat down on the couch next to Danni. "Tom, do me a favor?"
"What?"
"Breathe."
I heard him sigh and let out a small laugh. "Okay."
"And yeah, I did go." Remember, don't tell him over the phone!
"And? Everything okay?" He asked worridly. "Everything's okay, right?"
I bit my lip, already regretting my decision to lie. I quickly peeked over at my sister. "Er, yes. Everything's fine."
"Really?"
"Yeah, yeah. It was just a....cold." I coughed fakely.
Danni's jaw dropped and I quickly stood up from the couch to avoid looking at her.
"Oh thank God. You had me worried like one of those obsessive boyfriends, Moore."
I laughed quietly. "I'm sorry."
He sighed in relief. "I am so glad to hear you're okay, baby. I really am. I miss you so much, it's fucking ridiculous."
"I miss you, too. But I'll be seeing you in two days. We can hang in there for two measly days, can't we?"
He laughed. "I'll hang in there for you as long as you want."
I smiled.
"I'm kinda sad," I said, sitting on the recliner, across from Danni, who just eyed me.
"Why?"
"I need you."
Tom laughed. "Is it sarcasm again?"
I made a face. "No. I'm serious."
He sighed. "Ugh, you know what? Screw this. I'm coming back tomorrow, alright?"
I sat up straight. "What? Was that like a snap decision?"
He laughed. "I wouldn't really call it a snap decision, since I'm only coming back a day early. But yeah."
I beamed. Part of me was lit up inside, but suddenly, it all became dark. The sooner he'd be here, the sooner I'd have to tell him about the baby. My nervousness was coming back and I began sweating like a dog.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Danni whispered. "You look paler than a ghost."
I just shook my head at her.
"Babe, you still there?" Tom said, snatching my attention back.
"Um, yeah, yeah. I'm here. I just felt lightheaded for a second. So you're really coming back tomorrow?"
"Yeah, that is, if you want." He laughed quietly.
I rolled my eyes. "What do you think?"
"Hmm. I'm thinking you want me to stay here and never come back to see you."
"Yeah, that's exactly what I want. To never see you again."
"A-Are you serious?"
This made me laugh with a bit more of humor. "No, Tom."
"Oh, Gott sei Dank. Well, I must've woken you up from a peaceful sleep, huh? I'm really sorry. But you know me."
"No, actually, I was already awake. I was um, watching TV," I lied again.
Danni sighed out. I ignored her.
"Oh, okay. Well, I gotta go. I have to work out some stuff and tell the guys I'm coming back tomorrow. Sleep well, okay?"
I smiled. "You too. Bye."
"Love you. Bye."
I puffed my cheeks out and collapsed on the recliner, blowing out some air. Danni just stared.
"What's up with that look?" She questioned.
"He's coming back tomorrow. And probably going back to Germany the minute I drop the baby bomb."
Danni scoffed. "You don't seriously think he'd do that, do you? Come on, he wouldn't."
"Hmm. I'm not so sure."
Danni threw her hands in the air. "Stop being so damn paranoid, Izzy!"
I sighed. "I need booze."
"Great idea. What a fantastic way to start off pregnancy."
I made a face.
Danni rolled her eyes and came over to me, taking my hands. "Come on, get up. You need to get some sleep. Tomorrow's gonna be hell."
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough.