Dance With Me in This Rain

Say This Sooner

"Where are the napkins, Danni?" I whirled around, rummaging through all the cabinets. "Oh my God. Did we forget to buy napkins?!"
Danni laughed at my hysterics. "Relax. They're right here," She said, holding up packs of paper napkins in her hands. "Don't get so nervous, sis."
I sighed a big sigh of relief, as I leaned against the counter. "Everything just has to be perfect."
"You're already making him this amazing dinner. I honestly don't think he'd ask for much," She stated, setting two plates across from each other on the table.
"Hmm."
I figured that given the circumstances, surprising Tom with a romantic dinner was the best idea. We'd eat first, talk about normal things then after, I'd tell him the biggest news of his entire life. News that may very well break us up for good, or, by some miracle, bring us closer together.
"By the way, Christian's picking me up at four, so that leaves plenty of time for you to be on your own for a while and prepare yourself to drop the news on Tom."
"Prepare myself. Right. Or maybe just cry my eyes out until he gets here," I muttered.
Danni placed her hands on her hips. "If you continue with the drama, I'm gonna tell your boyfriend the big news myself."
I rolled my eyes. "Fine."
Danni grinned. "Thank you." Then she stood next to me, placing an arm over my shoulders. "Dude, you're tough. You can totally do this. Think about how much he loves you and how much you love him."
I nodded, breathing out steadily. "Okay."
"That's the spirit."
I made a face. "You sound like mom."
"Jeez, no need to offend."
I laughed a little.
I continued with all the preparations with Danni helping me as we talked. Somehow, in the middle of it all, we had managed to start a napkin fight and soon, there were thousands of paper napkins thrown all over the kitchen floor.
"Look at this mess," I said, laughing. "I needed it, though."
"I know," Danni agreed, laughing aswell. "Throwing stuff makes you forget about the serious things in life."
"So true. But now we have to clean up. I don't want Tom to see this mess."
She sighed. "I bet he's a messy guy."
"Surprisingly, no. Georg's usually the messy one," I stated with a laugh. Then I paused. I suddenly missed all of them and couldn't wait to see them and Clara again.
"Who's Georg?"
"Bass player. You'll meet him eventually."
She smiled crookedly. "With the exception of Tom, do any of the guys in the band speak english?"
"Of course. How do you think I communicate with them?"
She shrugged. "I thought you'd be fluent in German or something."
"My German sucks. English is much better."
She laughed.
Diiiiiiiing doooooooooooong.
My ears perked up at the sound of the doorbell, and Danni's head turned into the direction of the door.
She gasped. "Is it Tom?"
"Impossible. He said he'd be here at six or something. I mean, it's still three," I answered, exiting the kitchen and heading for the door. When I opened it, I was surprised to see that no one was there. I narrowed my eyes confusingly and stuck my head out to see if anyone was actually there but there wasn't. I shrugged and as I was about to shut the door, I heard a chorus of laughter. Laughter belonging to children.
I sighed out, and shut the door. "Damn kids."
Danni came into the living room with a bunch of napkins in her hands. "Who was it?"
"Just some kids playing ding dong ditch," I answered grumpily.
She laughed. "Ding dong ditch? Oh man, I remember doing a lot of that when I was a kid." She sighed out. "Those were the days."
I made a funny face. "Let me help you with those napkins, which by the way, are not usable anymore."
"Oh don't worry. There's a few more packs we haven't opened," She said with a shrug.
Once I set foot in the kitchen, the doorbell went off again.
"Unbelievable," I mumbled, wheeling around and heading for the door again. Not surprised anymore, I was once again standing in front of nobody, hearing the little kids laughing their asses off distantly.
"Jesus Christ." I slammed the door.
"Kids again?" Danni yelled from the kitchen.
"Yep. Adorable, aren't they?"
She laughed. "How could you be this impatient with children seeing as how you work with them?"
I walked into the kitchen. "Maybe because I'm hours away of telling my boyfriend I'm pregnant."
"Hmm. Okay. I'll let that one pass," She stated with a grin.
I kneeled on the floor to grab some more napkins when suddenly, the doorbell rang louder than ever in my ears.
"That's it!" I shrieked, jumping up. Once I was at the door, I opened it, immediately yelling, "Don't you have anything better to do than ring my doorbell incessantly?!"
There was a four second silence. "But....I only rang once."
Shocked, my hands flew up to my mouth as I saw Tom standing there with a frightened look on his face. I backed away and tried regaining my sanity as fast as possible.
Tom stood immobile in the doorway, staring at me strangely.
"Um.....is this a bad time?" He questioned, scratching the back of his neck.
"I........ you.....they......you're uh............here.......already?" I stuttered.
He flashed a crooked smile. "Are you not happy to see me?"
I didn't answer.
"Moore, is everything okay?" He snapped his fingers in front of my face.
I covered my mouth once again and before I knew it, I was throwing myself into his arms, causing us both to fall back onto the hard floor.
"Wow, you're in crazy mode today, aren't you?" Tom laughed.
I beamed and kissed him hard on the lips. "I'm so sorry. I thought you were the stupid kids."
"Kids?" He asked, brushing my hair away from my face. "Are you hallucinating?"
"Never mind the kids. Ah, what the hell am I crushing?" I questioned, looking down.
"Well, they were supposed to be fresh roses but I guess they're sorta dead now," Tom answered with a laugh.
My mouth opened. "You brought me roses?"
"Dead roses." He corrected with a grin.
"Aww." I wrapped my arms around him.
We kissed again and I felt Tom throwing the dead roses aside. Who cared if we were making out in the hall?
"Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"
Tom and I abruptly stopped and my head shot up only to see two little girls and two little boys staring down wide eyed at us. They all seemed rather disgusted.
One little boy pointed to us and said, "You guys are doing bad stuff on the floor!"
Tom rolled his eyes. "We're kissing, kid. What's so bad about that?"
I laughed a little and got off of him.
"Are you two married?" A little girl asked.
"No," Tom and I quickly responded in unison.
"Mommy says that two people can only kiss if they're married!"
I looked at Tom, who raised an eyebrow. Then a smirk appeared on his face. "Well your mommy seems to be living in the eighteen hundreds, kid."
The little girl raised an eyebrow. "What?"
"What your mommy told you is crap," He said, trying to be as nice as possible. I felt the urge to laugh, but held it all in.
She frowned. "I'm telling on you!"
"Ohh, I'm scared!" Tom gasped, faking a scared look.
The little girl stuck her tongue out at him, as did the other kids, before they all ran away.
I burst out laughing. "I missed you."
"Likewise," He said, kissing me.
When he pulled away, I took a step back and stared at him curiously. "Wait a minute.....your hair's different!"
"And you just now noticed?" He laughed.
"It's black and...........cornrows?" I cocked a brow.
"You like?" He asked, spinning around.
"I love," I answered. "It makes you look even more, um, gangsterish."
He winked. "That's exactly what I was going for, shawty."
"Shawty?"
"It means fine ass woman," He answered with a grin.
I made a face, feeling the red in my cheeks. "Um.................thanks?"
"Anytime."
I rolled my eyes and took his hand. "Come inside."
"Iz, are those kids still bothering you, cause---holy Jesus, it's you!" Danni blurted once she came out of the kitchen and saw Tom standing next to me.
Tom grinned widely, giving her a small wave. "Hey, Danni."
"Whoa, what happened to the dreadlocks?" She asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms.
He shrugged. "Got sick of them."
"Huh. Will there be a day when you'll have a regular man's hair?"
Tom looked thoughtful. "Nope."
"Thought so." She smirked.
I laughed. "Quit hating on his hair. It looks cute," I said, leaning my head on his chest.
"Isn't that sweet. Well, I guess this is my cue to leave. You two have got some serious catching up to do, am I right?"
I eyed her but she only smiled innocently at me. She walked over to the couch and grabbed her purse.
"But didn't you say Christian was picking you up?" I questioned.
"Nah, I think I'll walk. I gotta stop by a few places." She waved her hand. "I'll see you later, Iz. You too, Mr. Cornrows," She chimed, giving me a kiss on the cheek and patting Tom's shoulder. After she left, Tom stared after her weirdly.
"I can see that she still doesn't like me," He said with a laugh. "She'll always hate me."
"Stop saying that. She does not hate you."
"Riiiight. And I'm Princess Caroline of Monaco," He murmered.
I snorted in laughter, standing on my tippy toes and wrapping my arms around his neck. "If it makes you feel any better, I don't hate you."
He grinned. "Well that's a relief. Otherwise what the hell would I still be doing with you? You know, I'm............." He suddenly stopped, perking his head up as he sniffed the air, resembling a dog. "Is that food I smell?"
I smiled. "Why yes it is. Follow me," I said, taking his hand and leading him into the kitchen. His eyes lit up once he saw the cute arranged table.
"Aww. All this for little ol' me?" He bashed his eyelashes. "I think I'm in love."
"Awww. With me?"
"No, stupid. With the food!" He shoved me away as he frantically sat himself down. "Bring on the goods."
I smiled crookedly.
Oookayy. Now all I have to do is tell him.............Should I do it now?
Tom was smiling at me. Then I paused. Nah, let him eat first.
"Um, babe?" He asked.
"Yeah?" I snapped out of my thoughts.
"Why are there napkins all over the floor?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This make me feel that I'll never be quite normal
This makes me act like I'll never get out alive
I'll get to acting, make you all believe me
I'll get to faking, show you all how to grieve.