Dance With Me in This Rain

Long Live The Car Crash Hearts

The next morning, I woke up with a sharp pain in my head, which was still throbbing a little. I didn't want to get out of bed, but I knew I had to be at the school in less than an hour.
I rolled over on my side. "Ugh, why can't it be Saturday?" I asked myself, sitting up and throwing the blankets fiercely off me.
Before heading over to the bathroom to take my usual morning shower, I went over to the kitchen to take an aspirin, which I was in desperate need of.
I placed the small white pill on my tongue, before gulping down on water and letting it all flow down my throat.
After my shower, I threw on a white form fitted shirt, that had a picture of Hello Kitty on it; dark jeans and my black converses. I applied eyeliner around my eyes and lip gloss. I brushed my hair, leaving it down, only placing some of it behind my ear.
I turned to look at myself in the mirror.
Comparing with how I looked last night, I'd say I looked okay.
I then headed out of my bedroom, grabbing my bag that was on the couch on my way out the door of my apartment.
I was feeling a whole lot better after I took the aspirin and my walk to the school was peaceful, as the streets weren't as crowded as the other days.
Once I reached the school, I walked in and found the children with their heads down, coloring in their little books. They seemed to be so concentrated on what they were doing.
"Hi, Miss Bella!" Kassie Williams greeted with a wide grin, once she noticed my presence.
"Hey Kassie! Hey kids," I greeted with a smile and a wave.
They all waved and continued on with their coloring. I walked over to a desk, placing my bag on it.
"Hey!" A voice said behind me. I knew right away it was Clara. "What's up?" She greeted, patting my back.
I shrugged. "Nothing much."
Clara sat down on the desk, nodding and eyeing me closely.
I lifted an eyebrow. "Is everything okay?" I asked a bit confused.
"Well, I should be the one asking you that. What happened at the club?"
I paused. "Um, didn't Tom tell you?"
"Well, yeah. He told me that you had too much to drink and you, like, passed out or something. So he had to take you home. Are you okay?"
I furrowed my eyebrows.
What? He seriously didn't tell her he punched some guy out, nearly breaking his nose? Why would he lie? Maybe he just didn't want to tell her, since he had blown her off....for me.
Yeah, that makes sense.
"Uhhh...yeah, that's exactly what happened," I lied. "I'm fine, really."
Well, if Tom wasn't gonna tell her, I sure wouldn't.
"Oh ok, good. Aren't you the one who always says that drinking is wrong? What made you do it?" She asked, laughing a little.
Because I saw Tom dancing with you!
"Um. Spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, you know?" I lied through my teeth.
Clara smiled crookedly. "Really? I didn't think you were that kind of girl."
"What kind?" I asked with a laugh, sitting on a chair.
"You know, the spontaneous kind. The one that decides to do something on impulse and not plan it all out."
I bit my lip. "Hey, I can be spontaneous, all right?"
Clara snorted. "No you can't. You have a day planner, for Christ's sake!" She said, pointing to my black little notebook that was sitting neatly on top of the desk.
"Well, only because I'd hate to lose track of everything. I'm thinking about going to college soon, and we both know I'll be too busy to remember anything!"
"Oh, please. Belle, you think ahead too much. Me? I live day-to-day. I have no idea what's gonna happen tomorrow and that doesn't scare me one bit."
I rolled my eyes, laughing a little. "Good for you. Not everybody can be that 'spontaneous' ", I said, doing air quotations.
"Well they should be. I guarantee, everything would be a whole lot easier!"
I smiled weakly.
I was just thankful that she had dropped the subject.

__

The day went by surprisingly fast, much to my pleasure, of course. Once again, like every other day, Clara and I began helping the children with their things.
We said goodbye to all of them, as they made their way out the school with their parents.
"So what are you doing tonight?" Clara asked, taking a pack of gum out of her pocket. She took one, popping it in her mouth.
"Nothing. I'm thinking about renting a movie. Wanna come over?" I asked, organizing all the stuff in my bag.
"Can't. I have plans," She answered, shoving her cellphone in her back pocket.
"Oh. What kind of plans?" I asked, a bit too curiously.
"It's more of a....date."
I smirked. "A date, huh? Who's the guy? Do I know him?" I asked, placing the strap of my bag over my shoulder.
Clara bit her lip and looked at me with a weird expression. "Actually-"
"Hey!" Someone's voice suddenly met our ears, cutting her off.
Clara turned around to look at the person, as did I.
And you couldn't even believe my look of surprise when I saw who it was.
"Tom?!" I said, my voice coming out a bit squeaky. I quickly cleared my throat.
Tom slowed down, coming to a hault once he reached us. "Hi," He said, smiling.
I turned to Clara then to Tom then back to Clara again.
"T-Tom's your date?" I asked in disbelief.
Clara smiled and nodded. "Yeah. After we talked last night, I sort of asked him out," She answered, turning her gaze towards Tom, who just smiled.
"Yeah, I know it's weird. A girl asking a guy out. But hey, it worked," Clara said, shrugging.
I swallowed hard, trying to keep my cool. What else could I do?
I gave them the fakest smile I could ever fake.
And you know what? They actually bought it.
"That's um...that's great," I said quietly. I suddenly didn't wanna be there anymore.
I wanted to leave.
Tom looked at me. I shifted my weight over to my right leg and tried very hard not to make too much eye contact with him. Because, like I said, he could read me and he probably knew what I was thinking at that very moment.
"So, ready to go?" Tom said to Clara, who just nodded anxiously with a wide grin.
"Definately. See ya, Belle," She said, standing next to Tom.
I felt my heart racing inside me.
"Bye," I replied quietly, yet again faking another smile.
They both waved and turned around, walking away. I took a deep breath, clutching tightly on my bag strap.
What the freaking hell?!
Tom going out with Clara? Clara?!
Has the world gone mad? I mean, come on!
Of all people Tom could fool around with, it just had to my best friend of 5 years!
Ugh, where's the hole I can crawl into?
From a small distance, I suddenly saw them stop halfway out the door, and Tom turning around, facing me.
I paused. What's he doing?
"You need a ride?" He called.
Oh right. Like I'm seriously riding in the car with you two. What am I? The third wheel?
"No, it's fine. I like walking," I replied, nodding briefly.
Tom nodded. "Ok then. Bye."
And with that, he turned back around, and I could see Clara grabbing his hand. They both went over to his car, Tom opening the door for Clara. She giggled, as she climbed in. Once he was in the car, I couldn't see anything else. The windows were dark from the outside and God knows what could happen in there.
Oh, the mental pictures. Horrendous.
In a matter of seconds, they were gone.
There I was, standing at the school entrance, practically exploding on the inside.
And that's when cruel reality dawned on me, bitch-slapping me right across the face.
I was falling for Tom Kaulitz.
♠ ♠ ♠
Take your taste back, peel back your skin
And try to forget how it feels inside
You should try saying no once in a while
Oh, once in a while.