Sequel: Keep Me Guessing

Just Say Anything

Chapter Five

The restraining order was all set and if James David Macavoy came anywhere within a fifty foot radius of me, on purpose, he would be back in jail. That had been a couple weeks ago, and the guys' album The Party Scene had been released just the other day. The partyscene had been fun, thrown at Alex's home and now that everybody knew what happened to me I have been able to open up better to them all. Alex has automatically been dubbed as my best friend, even over Brie who was definitely become close to me, although Cheyenne, is still the greatest. Rian is like the older brother I never wanted, he is like Jack in a way of protection and his girlfriend Kara is sweet and a good person to talk to. Then there's Zack. I could describe him in thousands of adjectives and still have more things to say.

Jack and I were on our way back from band practice and it happened all so fast; us going up our street, the other car slamming into us. Glass was shattering and the grinding of the tires was so loud, I may have screamed but if I did I don't remember. Jack was looking at me asking me repeatedly if I was okay but I couldn't speak, I was paralyzed. The next thing that happened was Jack got out and started to scream at the person who hit us and I heard him on the phone with 911, "Yes we fucking need an ambulance my cousin is unresponsive." I could hear him, I wasn't unconscious but I was in pain.

"Addie, Addison," someone was saying, "Can you hear us, honey?"

My eyes fluttered open and I saw that my aunt, uncle, and cousin were crowded around me, I was on a bed, which I presumed was at the hospital. "How badly am I hurt?"

"You have stitches on your forehead and that's it," my aunt said. "Surprisingly you are not worse."

"How're you Jack?"

"Okay, my knee is sprained a little bit." He said. "You really scared me Addison Sophie, I thought that jackass killed you!"

"Not dead yet, when can I leave?"

"Soon," a doctor said coming in. "You remember everything?"

"Yes."

"Good, good, let's see, the stitches should come out in about two weeks, so until then just don’t pick at them."

"Will do."

"I guess you can go Miss Barakat."

The ride back from the hospital was rather uneventful compared to the one earlier, no car crashes. However, when we reached the house, that was a different story, Zack, Alex, and Brie were sitting in the lawn looking ready to kill someone. While Brie ran to Jack to make sure he was okay, Zack and Alex both came to me, knowing that I had been the one in the hospital apparently.

"Are you okay Ad?" Alex asked worriedly. "Whoa dude, stitches! How many?"

"Um, aunt Michelle, how many stitches?"

"Twenty four!"

"Twenty four Al," I said.

"Do you feel okay?" Zack asked.

"Yeah," I said. "But my head is pounding and my whole body is in pain"

"Addie, come on," my uncle called. "You and Jack both have to rest. Your head and everything, his knee, come on. Alex, Zack, and Brie can stay."

"Okay uncle D!"

For a moment I just stood where I was, preparing myself to walk, but as soon as I did I tripped, and landed in Zack's arms. "Oh, thanks."

"Don't you think you have enough injuries?" he teased, still holding me.

"I guess not."

His face came nearer to mine and he was just barely not touching my lips when m uncle called out from the house again to get inside. Zack picked me up and carried me inside, lying me down on the couch opposite Jack, explaining to everyone how I tripped outside. Both Alex and Brie looked at me knowingly while the people I was related to just shook it off and didn't notice a thing. The three of them took a seat on the floor, Brie by Jack, and the guys by me.

"Hey, why does she get all the attention?" Jack complained.

"I don't know Jack," Alex said back sarcastically, "Maybe because she is cuter and the one that exactly had to go to the hospital."

"Burn!" I laughed. As I tried to sit up Alex pushed me, gently, back down. "Can I help you?"

"Addison, you're supposed to be lying down, not getting back up."

"But Alexander," I whined. "I'm thirsty."

"I'll get you something," he said. "You're my best friend, I don't want you in more pain."

"Aww thanks Alex."

"Anyone else want anything?" Of course Jack wanted something, so did Brie, and Zack. "Zack, buddy, come help me."

You could hear them whispering in the kitchen and I figured they were just talking about what to get us while Jack complained about how Alex was no longer his best friend. When they came back out, Zack looked pleasantly happy and Alex looked devious; as he handed Brie her drink he whispered something in her ear which she responded to with a smirk.

"Here you go Soph." Zack said, handing me a cola.

"Soph?" I questioned.

"I like to be unique."

"Well in that case," I smiled at him. "You are they only one allowed to call me Soph."

"Okay," Alex interrupted me and Zack's conversation, along with Jack and Brie's little moment. "Let's watch a movie or something."

"Okay," Jack said. "Mr. Gaskarth what movie would you like to watch this evening?"

"Harry Potter for sure."

"Again, Alex?" Jack groaned.

"I adore Harry Potter," I giggled. "Let's watch it, please Jack-Jack?"

"Only for your Addison Sophie."

"I have a question," Brie said. "Is your full name Addison Sophie Barakat?"

"No," I said. "That's my first and last names. My whole name is Addison Sophia Rae Barakat, why?"

"Because Jack always calls you Addison Sophie."

"Dude, you're name is long." Alex laughed. "I love your middle name by the way."

"I like my first name." I said.

"Sophia Rae." Zack whispered in my ear once everyone had calmed down and focused to watch the movie.

"What?" I answered.

"Nothing, I just like that name, it's not as common as even Soph."

"Would you rather have that special name Zachary?"

"Not at all Soph," he laughed, "Soon enough Alex will be calling you Rae I bet, then it wouldn't be special."

For the rest of the movie I couldn't help but wonder about Zack wanting a special nickname for me. Did he like me like James did? Or like Alex likes me? He did come awfully close to what seemed like kissing me earlier, or maybe that was just my imagination; maybe I am finally going off the deep end. Jack and Brie spent most of the time with their eyes averted from the television and towards each other and Zack looked mildly interested in the movie. Alex however, he was completely enthralled with the movie, his facial expressions were priceless to watch.

"Harry Potter is fucking awesome." He stated as the credits rolled on.

"Alex, sweetie," I said coyly. "You do realize that this movie was made when you were like eleven right? Is it still as cool as it was back then?"

"Yes," he said, "Yes it is."

"I knew it!" I told everyone. "His mentality stopped at the age of eleven."

"Are you saying that you don't think Harry Potter is fucking awesome?"

"No, it's cool," I laughed. "But you're like my sister the way you love it."

"How old is you sister?"

"Twelve." I laughed.

"You're comparing me to a twelve year old girl?" he shrieked.

"Dude," Jack said. "He even kind of looks like Faye!"

"No Jack, Faye is much better looking."

Alex huffed for a moment, until my aunt came downstairs and asked him, Zack, and Brie if they were going to be staying the night. Naturally they all said yes and she brought down blankets and pillows for everyone and I went upstairs to change and when I came back down Brie and Jack were both on his couch and Alex and Zack were still on the floor, I felt a pang of guilt that they were going to sleep on the floor while I got a couch to myself. Before I could speak up however I heard a slight snore come from Alex and saw that Zack had his eyes closed, as did Jack and Brie.

I couldn't feel too bad if they were already asleep, and therefore at least somewhat comfortable. For awhile I just laid on the couch thinking some more about everything: what happened back in Washington and what was happening here. Although almost my whole life was led in Washington, Maryland was always going to be my home, every time I was here I felt complete and when in Washington, something was missing. I can't place what it is about either place that makes me feel these ways but whatever it is, I know that I will be missing something in a months time. Midnight came and I am sure I fell asleep soon after because I did not hear the clock chime at one. Sleep was never my favorite thing, nor was sleepovers, I hated being the last to fall asleep and the last to wake.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter was inspired by two things:
1. The car crash I was in on Saturday
2. A video with Alex talking about Harry Potter
okay, maybe it also has to do with my love of HP.

With any case this is definitely my favorite chapter now!
Comments make updates come sooner :D

xoxo
Allison