Sequel: Keep Me Guessing

Just Say Anything

Chapter Nine

Since I came to Maryland for the summer I have been waiting for Cheyenne to fly down to be with me for a few days. Finally that day was arriving, I couldn't wait for her plane to get here and for my friends to meet her, especially Alex. She had been my best friend since middle school, we stuck together through everything, including the James situation, when all my other friends abandoned me. Alex, Brie, Rian, and Kara were great but nobody could beat Cheyenne; although, Alex is getting pretty close to it. I think that that is just because they are so similar, the only distinct difference is Cheyenne doesn't have a penis and I am pretty sure Alex does.

Her plane arrives at one so I still have a few hours of waiting to get through seeing as how it is only ten thirty. An hour and a half until I have to go get her, I think I will go alone, I haven't seen her in roughly a month, I'm sure we have plenty to catch up on. Knowing her, the first thing she will want to do after seeing that I really am fine, is to see this mysterious Zach person I am dating, and Alex, the boy I have told her about so many times. My aunt and uncle were already at work but told me they would be home normal time tonight, to greet my friend. Jack was still sleeping, how, is beyond me, I got up at eight twelve today.

Tick, tock, the clock was tormenting me with its ticking, seemingly it was making time go by slower. I had always been a clock watcher, somebody who stares at the clock trying to make time go faster, whether it was in my most hated class (math) or now (waiting to see Chey). As my mom always says, "A watched pot never boils", clock watching doesn’t make time go faster. I am practically shaking from excitement, my smile is wide and I feel like jumping up and down or dancing around crazily, neither of which I was actually going to do, but the exhilaration felt great!

"Hey Addie," Jack called from somewhere in the house. "Come on."

"What do you mean?"

"We're leaving!"

"Jack, we can't leave, I have to pick up my friend Cheyenne at the airport today!"

"That's today?" his head poked through my door. "Are you sure?"

"I am one hundred percent positive. Aunt Michelle told you this, I also heard her say that I get the car today. Did you want me to drop you off at Rian's?"

"Yeah," he said. "Are you coming there after you get her?"

"I think so," I laughed, "if Cheyenne isn't tired from her flight, then yes."

"Well, what time do you actually have to be at Ri's?"

"Practice starts at noon, so eleven thirty."

"Then we'll leave in a little bit." I said. "And I will be able to watch you for awhile too, I was going to leave at noon to the airport."

"I'm sure Zach will appreciate that." He grinned stupidly.

I swatted his head lightly and told him to go away, laughing the whole time. He left, also laughing; sometimes, more like all the time, I really worry about my cousin. We left shortly after he had actually gotten dressed in something that wasn't booty shorts and he kept asking me questions about Cheyenne, which I answered patiently, until he asked if she was good looking; I smacked him and reminded him of his lovely girlfriend Brie. Jack just grinned sheepishly, saying "A guy's got to ask."

"Jack, leave the macho man act alone."

"You are so mean to me Addison."

"I know."

Everybody was outside when Jack and I got there, surprisingly, Zach got up and picked me up, swinging me around as I shrieked joyously. When he put me down he kissed me gently, earning a chorus of "awe's" from them, Brie's being the loudest. The two of us shot them glares and went back to our display of public affection. It seemed as if right after we broke apart I had to go pick up Cheyenne from the airport, much to my delight and displeasure. The drive to the airport was tedious, the radio stations played mostly crappy music and there was no one to talk to, but getting Cheyenne was definitely worth it.

Her plane had apparently been delayed and was to get here a half an hour late, that made me mad, I wanted to see her now! But I waited patiently, listening to my iPod and the book I had brought along to, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, because who doesn't like a little magic in their lives? I could barely concentrate on the book despite it being my favorite; excitement was getting to me. That was when I heard over the intercom that flight seven one seven from Seattle to Baltimore was landing. I am pretty sure I actually squealed out loud at that due to the man that was sitting next to me turned to give me a very odd look - I just smiled back innocently and skipped to wait closer to the gate for my friend. When I saw her I grinned even wider, she looked just as gorgeous as when I left, she saw me just as quickly and beamed.

"Addie!" She shrieked.

"Chey!"

"Oh my God, what happened to you? You're a babe!"

"Are you saying I was ugly before?" I mocked.

"No, no, you know I don't think that, but you're glowing." She laughed. "Are you pregnant?"

"I haven't slept with Zach yet Cheyenne. I'm not ready for that."

"Hey," she said. "It's fine. So, since I know you are going to ask, I slept on the plane, I don't want to rest, I want to meet these mysterious boys."

"Okay. I swear you are going to fall head over heels for Alex!"

"Nice Ad. Alex, what's he like?"

"You." I giggled. "In male form."

"Bitch, I want juicy details!" she exclaimed on our way to baggage claim. "Hair color, eye color, height, style?"

"Okay, so brownish blonde, it's brown with blonde highlights, he has brown eyes, he is around five eight, and his style is the sex."

"The way we like them?"

"Of course!"

"Is Zach the same?"

"Not exactly but he has a hot body and likes to show it off."

"I'm jealous." She stuck her tongue out. "There's my bag, hold on."

She grabbed her bag and we walked out to Jack's car, talking about everything that had happened back home that she had yet to tell me, and same for me to her. I learned that Missy Evans, town whore, had went and slept with the band geek Johnny Lopez at a party when she got piss drunk and her boyfriend Logan Hanson caught them. Cheyenne also told me that she had seen my parents before she came down and they had sent a present for her to give to me, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to pass it along. The radio station we were listening to began to play an old Simple Plan song and the two of us went wild, turning the song Welcome to My Life into a hardcore, very badly done, screamo song, earning looks from the car of little old ladies next to us.

"One day Addison," she sighed. "We are going to get arrested for disturbing the peace."

"Yes, yes we are," I agreed. "What would life be like if we didn't get arrested for that reason just once?"

"It would be one boring life, that's for damn sure."

I laughed whole heartedly and revved up the gas as we shot through the yellow light, and luckily not into the other car. Cheyenne laughed at my driving skills, turning up the radio as a pathetic attempt to try and drown it out. We were starting to get into Lutherville and I told her we were almost there, and that we were going to be going to the guys' practice first, not straight to my aunt and uncles house. I saw her smirk, devilishly, I knew what was going on in her mind, she was going to get him, hook, line, and sinker.

"Babe," I told her seriously. "Just remember, he plays the same game as you, and he's good at it. I wouldn't be surprised if he played it better."

"Honey, I'll be fine, I'm a big girl. Besides, you're his best friend too right?" I nodded and she continued. "Talk to him, find out if he would hurt me. If I like him, I won't hurt him, you know that."

I pulled up into the driveway of Rian's house and we could hear them practicing. "So the guitarist is my cousin, the bassist is my boyfriend, the singer is your boy toy, and the drummer is like my brother. The girls are the girls."

"Got it Addie." She winked. "Let's go."

"Take off your makeup, put down the camera, choke on the drama that makes me want to, tear up the pictures and pages you've saved, creating a life of trends and make believe…" Alex sang into the microphone, grinning as he saw us. "Stop the music!"

The music came to a screeching halt and everybody looked at us. "Hey guys, this is Cheyenne. Cheyenne this is Alex, Jack, Zach, Rian, Brie, and Kara."

"Hello." Cheyenne said, waving.

"Hey."

"So yeah," I said. "We came to watch you practice, but you always end with that song."

"We're kind of done," Alex told me, not taking his eyes from Cheyenne.

"Good, then I can do this and not be told I'm distracting." Brie laughed, lunging to kiss Jack.

Kara did the same thing to Rian, so I followed their lead, and wrapped my arms around Zach's neck and pressed my lips onto his. He deepened the kiss, allowing my begging tongue the entrance I desperately wanted, our tongues fought until a cough was heard. We broke a part and saw Alex and Cheyenne, wearing the same smirk.

"You know, all of you can go get a room." Alex said.

"Yeah, I for one don't want to see the sex," Cheyenne said pointedly to me.

"Oh Chey, you know you would watch it all!"

"I'd rather be doing it Addison! You know that, jeez!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Firstly, I want to thank the faithful sixteen readers who I am guessing have been reading this from the beginning.
Secondly, I want to thank the twelve of you who subscribed.
Please let me know who you are so I can thank you all when this story is over!
Thirdly, this is Cheyenne's chapter because she is the bomb!

xoxo
Allison