You're Not Perfect Enough

Oneshot.

The black pencil glided over her twitching eyelid carefully.
It needed to be perfect.
It needed to be perfect for her.

Her eyes scanned her long red dress for flaws. She couldn't afford to have flaws.
Tori was too perfect to have any flaws, let alone, look at flaws.
No- her beautiful eyes would never grace the means of something unworthy. And yet, Samantha wondered why it was her that she had chosen.

Full of imperfections-
Of unwanted flaws.

She wanted to make everything perfect. Everything needed to be perfect for such a perfect girl.

"You are not perfect enough."

The thought lingered in the back of her head, as she gazed at the girl staring back at her in the mirror. She ran a brush through her shoulder legnth black hair, attempting to get rid of any errors she might have made while styling it.

"You are not perfect enough."

The cool summer breeze lifted the long flowing curtains into the air, as if it were a ghost, reaching out to Samantha and brushing her arm lightly. It was cold for summer.

It didn't matter.
Nothing mattered to her but Tori.

Only an hour until Tori saw her for what she really was.

Not amazing.
Not beautiful.
She wasn't the stunning girl Tori had always pictured- she was sure of it.

She was almost ready- though, she knew she would never be completely ready. She would never look half as good as Tori deserved.

She shut the car door with one feble hand, biting her lip nervously and glancing out the window in a daze. Every minute was nerve wracking. Every tick of a second seemed to last an eternity longer then the last.

The car stopped in a rather large driveway.

6:00pm.

The train would arive any moment now. Her heart stopped.

The train was here.
Tori was here.

"You're still not perfect enough."

A figure emerged from the steamy train door, the sound of the engine blaring in Samantha's ear.
She couldn't here it, weather it was from the numbness of the fact that this was actually happening or the beating of her heart was too overpowering in her own head.
She new it was her, before she even got a chance to look at her.

This was it.

One smile from her was enough to make Samantha melt.

All of her imperfections-
flaws-
fears-
worries-
Had long since vanished, as the first words glided gracefully out of Tori's mouth.

"Finally, we meet."