It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A ***ing Deathwish

Been holding on forever...

Dani tentatively opened the door of Jake's black bedroom and peered in. He was at his computer. She opened the door fully.
Jake almost jumped out of his skin. "Dani!" He exclaimed. "What are you doing here? I'm contagious you know..."
"Just had to get out. Your mum let me in." She explained.
"Right... Aren't you supposed to be learning some Shakespeare right about now?" Jake asked, spinning round his swivel chair to look at the clock on his wall.
"I don't care about Shakespeare..." Dani mumbled, taking her usual seat in Jake's seven year old Batman beanbag chair.
Jake laughed. "How could you not care about... Dan? What's wrong?"
"I cannot do this anymore." She whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek.
"Do what?"
"I can't take it anymore. Being pelted with food every time I walk into the lunch hall. Getting cornered every time I go to the bathroom. Being spat on. Shit written on my locker every morning. I don't want this... I can't take this shit."
"But Dani, we'll get through this... We'll soldier on together right?" He had moved from his computer chair and was now sitting on his bed, cross legged.
"I don't think I can... Every morning when I wake up, my heart sinks because I know I have to go out there and face them. I feel dead, Jake. They've killed me inside. I may as well just be... there's no reason for living..." She trailed off, her words engulfed by her sobs.
Jake scrambled off his bed and kneeled in front of Dani, grabbing her shoulders. He looked her in the eye.
"Don't say that! I never want to hear you say shit like that again. There's always a reason for being here, even if you just don't know it yet. Never fucking give up."
"You're the only one keeping me alive... I can't keep holding on." She whispered.
"Listen... Listen." He racked his brains for a solution. "You're right. We've put up with the shit for too long. We don't deserve it. We deserve to be fucking happy! Yeah?"
"Yeah..." She mumbled.
"Things are gonna change... We'll take back the lives they stole from us."
Dani stared at him, tears still streaming down her face. They hugged.

Later that night, after Dani had gone home, Jake lay in his bed, staring at the black ceiling. It was difficult for him, being the strong one of the pair. He was scared too. He felt dead sometimes. Empty. Going through the shit they both faced everyday would make anyone lose hope, he thought. But he couldn't reveal any of this to Dani. He knew that if he admitted he was just as scared as she was, she'd fall apart altogether. So he had to be strong. Even if it meant no one knew the emotional turmoil he was going through.
He shut his eyes and waited, but sleep wouldn't come.
'They have to pay...' He thought to himself. His eyelids flickered open as the idea came to him. Although it was 4am, he reached out for his phone and began to text Dani,
He knew what to do.