Sequel: Purple Hearts

Cherry Lips And Tattoos

Adi finally admits

The next day...

When Adi left the health club she was surprised to see Tre waiting for her outside.

"Tre? What a surprise. What are you doing here?" she said.

"We need to speak with you Adi. Mike and I, we need to speak to you urgently."

"What's wrong? Is it the children? Billie?" she said sounding panicked.

"No, nothing like that" said Tre putting his arm around her. "Look, come over to the car. Mike is in there; we can have a talk in the car without being disturbed."

Tre got into the front passenger seat of the car. Mike was in the driver's seat so Adi got into the back.

"Hi Mike" said Adi. "Look what is this all about guys?" she said. " I'm really confused here."

"Its about Pam," said Tre. Adi felt sick hearing Pam's name.

"Oh, what about Pam?" said Adi.

"What do you know about Pam?" said Mike

"Not a lot. Why?" she said. What the hell was all this about?

"Oh come on Adi, there is something going on here, we know you've been giving her envelopes. What's in them? Money?" said Tre.

Adi couldn't answer.

"It is money isn't it?" said Tre. Adi started crying then.

"Look Adi, we're sorry to upset you baby but Pam is bribing me. She's bribing me for thousands of dollars with some concocted story about me sleeping with an underage girl. I need to know some information about her. Adi please. Is she bribing you over something too?"

"Yes" whispered Adi. She was disgusted with herself and she couldn't look at Mike or Tre.

"Oh Adi. Why?" said Mike.

"I can't tell you," Adi answered.

"Why not?" said Tre

"I just can't. I'm ashamed of something, something that happened when you guys were on tour. I can't tell anyone." She sniffed.

"Oh Adi. How about you tell Jen. She's a good listener. You really need to share this with someone; you shouldn't have to go through this on your own. This needs to be sorted out. If it continues I'm going to have to go to the police, I don't want that bitch getting any more money out of me." Said Tre.

"Something needs to be done with her," said Mike.

"Yeah. But what?" Said Tre.

**

"Jen, its Adi" a quiet voice said when Jen answered her phone.

"Hi sweetheart, are you OK?" said Jen hearing Adi's voice.

"I need to talk to you Jen," she almost whispered.

"OK. I'll come over." Said Jen.

"No, meet me at the picnic spot on the mountains" said Adi.

"OK." Said Jen, "Twenty minutes time?"

"Yeah and don't tell anyone where you're going," said Adi.

"I promise," replied Jen.

At the picnic spot...

"I've betrayed Billie," was all that Adi said when Jen got into Adi's car.

"How?" said Jen, shocked.

"Oh Jen" she said bursting into tears. "It was awful. They drugged me, took photographs and now they are bribing me with them," she said.

"Who?" said Jen putting her arm around her friend's shoulders.

"Pam and Sven," Adi sniffed.

"You're kidding. Is this why you warned me away from her?" said Jen.

"Yeah," answered Adi.

"But what did you do?" she asked.

"I slept with Sven and Pam took pictures. She says there is a video too and it'll be put on the Internet if I don't cooperate with them"

"Oh fucking hell Adi." Said Jen, "come here," and she took Adi in her arms as Adi sobbed.

"It's a fucking mess Jen, there is no way in this world that I'd have slept with anyone other than Billie and I can't tell him Jen it will kill him. It may be the end for us."

"Adi to you know that Billie thinks it's the end already?" said Jen.

"Yeah. I know he thinks that and he's probably right, but I still can't tell him because I'm so ashamed. He'd never want to sleep with me again and anyway, I don't think I'd want him to. I'm a dirty lying cheating bitch, but ... it's not just that." She said looking away from Jen.

"What do you mean?" asked Jen.

"When Sven was giving me all the attention I quite enjoyed it I'm sorry to say. Before they drugged me he was so kind and thoughtful and complemented me all the time and I was a little attracted to him. Billie wasn't around to complement me and to say that I looked good. I fell into his trap big time. I can't love Billie like I should otherwise I would never have felt that way. I should have been with him more on tour."

"Don't be silly, and it's not your fault that they bribed you," Jen told her.

"How can I prove that they drugged me and that the pictures were done through bribery?" asked Adi with sad eyes.

Jen couldn't answer.

"See," said Adi.

"We have to get the pictures back," said Jen.

"How?" said Adi.

"I don't know, but something has to be done about those two," said Jen.

"I agree," said Adi. "But what?"

**

"Mike" said Adi speaking into the telephone. She sounded so quiet Mike could hardly hear her.

"Yes baby," he said to Adi.

"Has Jen told you?" she said.

"She has," answered Mike.

"Do you hate me?" whispered Adi.

"No sweetheart I don't hate you," said Mike kindly, "but I hate the fact that you've kept this to yourself and not told Billie, all this could have been sorted out sooner."

"I hate the fact that I haven't told him too, now it's too late to tell him and things have gone too far."

"I'm sorry Adi but it's not too late, it'll never be too late and he needs to know," said Mike.

"Does Tre know?" Said Adi changing the subject slightly.

"Yeah. Tre's here" said Mike "and he knows all about it."

"Can I speak with him please?" said Adi.

Tre came to the phone then

"Hi Adi," Tre said

"Tre. I'm sorry," whispered Adi and starting to cry.

"Adi it's not me you should be apologising to, I think Billie is the one that needs an explanation don't you?" said Tre

"I know but I can't do it. I think I'm going to go to my mother's for a while. Joey is staying at a friend's house locally for a couple of weeks so I'm going to take Jakob away. It's all gotten too much for me."

"Are you sure about this?" said Tre. "I think Billie needs to know what's been happening."

"Yeah. I'm sure about going away but I can't tell Billie what's been happening, not yet anyway," said Adi. "I'm sure he'll be glad to get me out of the way at the moment, I think he hates me," she said.

"Don't be stupid sweetheart. He doesn't hate you but I'm sure he is just wondering what the hell has been happening. I'm sorry Adi but he thinks it's all over between you two."

"I know, I think it is over between us too and I can't really believe it. May be if it hadn't been this Sven incident then it would have been something else eventually," she said sadly.

"None of us can believe this is happening," said Tre. "Look, take care Adi and don't worry about that bitch Pam. Mike and I have a plan."

"Please be careful Tre," Said Adi.

"We will. We love you Adi," Said Tre.

"Love you too Tre. Love to Mike and Jen."

Then she was gone.

"Fuck it," said Tre pacing around the room.

"What is it?" said Mike

"They really are over, Billie Joe and Adi. I don't think they're ever going to get back what they had," he said, stunned.

"Fuck, no," said Mike

"Yeah," said Tre. "Listen Mike, it's a big day for the kids tomorrow at the studio so lets not mention any of this to anyone I don't want to spoil their day." He said.

"My lips are sealed," said Mike.

Thursday...

The Recording Studio...

"Fucking hell," said Hannah "I cannot believe this place, it's amazing," she said looking about her. It was the first time she'd been in a recording studio. Franky had been there loads of times and to the Green Day trio it was nothing.

"Have a good look around guys and get the feel of the place, get used to it for a bit and then we'll start a few rehearsals OK," said Rob.

"Sure Rob" they said having a look at the instruments and mixing desks and microphones all around them.

"Oh Franky this is going to be awesome," said James.

"I feel so at home here," said Ed talking to Hannah and looking into her ice blue eyes.

"Me too," she says but he notices that every now and again she glances over at Tre. Oh Hannah, please don't get too involved with that guy. He's way out of your league. How can I possibly tell you that he's also seeing your mother? Shit.

Later..

"I am so tired," said Franky yawning "and my arms are killing me," she said rubbing her arms up and down. It was just her and Billie out in the waiting area getting some drinks from the vending machine and waiting for everyone else to come out. He stood up and started rubbing her arms up and down to try and ease the pain. Oh my fucking god she thinks what an amazing feeling.

"Hey what was that song they were playing just then in the background?" she asked Billie. "That sort of rock ballad song" said Franky

"Oh that" said Billie. "That's an old Aerosmith song," he said. He was rubbing his palms up and down her arms. She masked the feeling it gave her, the feeling that she suddenly wanted to grab holds of his arms and pull him towards her. Stop it. Think about Gerard.

"You know I think mum used to play that song sometimes?" said Franky "I have vague memories of it when I was quite young."

"Yeah its not bad," said Billie. "Why?"

"Well its not usually the type of stuff that I go for, its just I thought that the words were amazing. I quite liked it I have to admit, there was definitely something about it that I liked," she said.

"Hey, but you rocked you guys," said Billie changing the subject, "I'm so impressed with all of you and if that album isn't a hit then I'll eat the cat," he said still rubbing her arms; she could feel his warm minty breath...

"You haven't got a cat," she laughed and looked up into his twinkly green eyes.

"That'll be ok then," he said grinning cheekily.

The other guys came out then and Billie stopped rubbing her arms. She immediately missed the feeling that he had created.

"Right I'm going home" said Tre. " I'm going to meet old Bob at the club for a few drinks" Tre lied. He was really meeting up with Susan but he didn't want to tell anyone yet. There was nothing to tell and he didn't want them to take the piss out of him and he wasn't sure how Franky would react and then there was Hannah. He still couldn't make his mind up over the two women.

"OK who wants to come back to mine?" said Mike. "We can continue the band practice there."

"Yes please," said Franky "but I can't play drums anymore this evening. I have no energy and my arms are dead." She sighed.

"OK. Lets just go back and have some food and drink then," said Mike.

"OK Manager Mike" said Franky and they all laughed together

"Oh and hey" said Tre. "Did any of you notice the guy with the video camera?"

"Yeah" they shouted. "Well he was filming your first ever video. The song Stars and Tears is going to be the first one released and he filmed every minute of the lot of you practising, laughing and giggling. I've seen some of the shots he took, awesome. They are so natural, and it's so different to anything I've ever seen on a video." He said.

"Cool" said Ed and James; they were so excited and hadn't got down from their high.

Hannah didn't answer, as she was so disappointed. Tre had hardly spoken to her at all since that night, hardly looked at her even. I hope I haven't made a mistake. I hope I am not one of those one-night stands that Tre has. I know I'm being stupid now because I probably am one of them. Why can't he look at me? Am I too fat? That must be it. I must be too fat. I'm going to make a point of not eating much from now on. Sammi was slim and beautiful. I want to be like that too and then may be Tre will look at me again.

**

Joey closed the door behind him. Tre's front door. Joey had had a key for years and Tre said he could come and go as he pleased like one of his own. Joey had found what he wanted; it hadn't taken long to find it. He stuffed the object into his back pocket and headed off home.

**

"Right I'm heading off home" said Franky to everyone and yawning.

"Hey have you heard from Gerard at all?" asked Billie coming over to her.

"Er.. a couple of texts, nothing much really" she said.

"Oh. I suppose he's busy, what with touring around and all" Billie said.

"Yeah I suppose he is." Replied Franky. What did he want to know that for? I didn't want to tell him that I had only received a couple of texts from Gerard. But I wasn't too bothered what with the time difference in Europe it was difficult and I know how busy it gets on tour. I just couldn't wait to see him again. It wouldn't be that long before he was home just a few more days and I could see him again. Height doesn't matter when you're lying down. As I thought that, I looked over at Billie and he was watching me. I blushed and I hadn't done that for ages. I didn't want those feelings back again; I had Gerard now didn't I?

"Hey guys. Who wants to come to a beach party Saturday night?" said James suddenly. He'd been talking on the phone.

"Yeah, why not?" said Ed, Hannah and Franky.

"Whose party is it?" asked Ed.

"Its Lucy's party at her beach house" said James.

"Oh" said Franky. "Did you finally sort things through with her?" She asked him.

"Yes, we're just going to be friends. I still like her a little but I think we're better off just being friends." Actually I like her a lot and I'm hoping to get with her at this beach party thinks James.

"Great. We'll head off about 4 in the afternoon, we could do with a relaxing weekend after the day we've had" said Franky.

Saturday...

"Hey Franky" said Hannah as Franky opened the door. " I couldn't borrow your scarf could I? The one with the stars that you wore to the Grammy's, its just that it'll really go well with this outfit for the beach party" she said.

"Sure Hannah, come on in," said Franky letting Hannah into the house.

Franky and Hannah ran up to Franky's bedroom. There were clothes strewn everywhere.

"What have you been doing?" Said Hannah.

"Oh I didn't know what to wear," said Franky. "I often get everything out once, then decide what I'm wearing, then have to put everything back," she said.

"Now I put the outfit away in this wardrobe" said Franky opening the wardrobe door. She'd remember tying the scarf around the hanger that the dress was hanging on but it wasn't there. She checked the bottom of the wardrobe in case it had fallen off but there was no sign of it. Where could it be? She checked all the drawers but couldn't find the scarf.

"I'm sorry Hannah but you're not going to be able to borrow it. I don't know where the hell it is." She said, trying to work out where it had gone.

"No worries" said Hannah whose stomach was growling but she decided to ignore it. She thought that if she was going to get slim for Tre she couldn't eat much. Nothing to eat for me today she thought but if I do need something I've got that apple that I didn't get round to eating yesterday. She checked her watch.

"Anyway we'd better get going. They'll be here in a minute," said Hannah.

"Hey Hannah how are things going with you and my dad?" Franky said. She noticed that they hadn't really spoken to each other since that night they went out. Hannah seemed distant but she still noticed her watching Tre.

Hannah started crying then.

"Oh my god Hannah what's wrong?" said Franky.

"It's your dad and me. I think I made a big mistake. That night he took me out... we slept together." She sobbed.

Franky was silent and Hannah looked over at her.

"I'm so ashamed of myself Franky," said Hannah.

"Oh my god I don't believe it. What was dad thinking? Your first date and he... he took advantage of you," said Franky, stunned.

"Don't blame him I wanted it too. Look sorry, this is your dad we're talking about here." Said Hannah embarrassed.

"Its fine. Has he not spoken to you since?" Said Franky shocked at her dad's behaviour.

"No Franky, he hasn't apart from when you were getting ready at the Grammy's, remember when he was calling through the bathroom door, he... . he came over and kissed me" she said.

"I don't believe it of him," said Franky. "Do you still like him?"

"Yes. I love him Franky and I can't stop thinking about him. I think he has someone else."

"He can't have," said Franky. "Who?"

"Who knows?" said Hannah.

"Oh Hannah, shall I have a chat with him?" said Franky.

"Er...no. I don't know. I just don't know Franky." She was sobbing now.

"Come here," said her friend. Franky was pissed off with her father. How dare he treat someone like this? Especially Hannah. Wait until she saw him.

Just then a car horn honked outside and Hannah went over to the window.

"Here they are" said Hannah wiping her face. "Come on lets enjoy our day at least." and the two friends grabbed their bags and headed off outside to Ed's car. James was already in the car.

"Hey Hannah have you lost weight?" said Ed

"No. I don't think so," said Hannah. I hope so she thought.

"Oh, its just you look different" he said.

Good, she thought. Hopefully this diet was working.

**

There were loads of people at Lucy's beach party. Franky got introduced to Lucy and yeah she was pretty and she could see why James had fallen for her. Actually they make a good-looking couple she thought, well matched but Lucy had this guy hanging off her arm. She noticed James looking at the guy in an odd way. You still like Lucy she thinks. Poor James.

There was a fruit punch, gorgeous barbeque food and the sun was shining and the music playing. It was a gorgeous spot and everyone just sat around drinking, eating and singing.

"Would you like some food?" Said Ed to Hannah

"Er.. no I've already eaten" said Hannah. "I couldn't eat another thing," she said. Actually she was fucking starving and would have loved to tuck in but she knew that if she wanted to get into her skinny jeans like the ones Sammi used to wear then she couldn't eat much.

"Oh, okay," said Ed. "Are you OK Hannah? You look pale"

"I'm fine" she replied. No I'm not. I'm fucking starving and feel light headed, may be I'll sneak off in a minute and get a bite out of that apple.

"Lets get another drink," said Ed. "Come on, let's get a drink and sit on those rocks over there." He said pointing over at some rocks sticking out into the sea.

"Good idea" said Hannah.

They got a couple of glasses of the punch and sat on the rocks.

"What a gorgeous place this is," said Ed.

The few sips of the drink went straight to Hannah's head. "Isn't it," she giggled.

"Hey you, how much have you had to drink?" said Ed laughing.

"Only two other glasses," said Hannah

"Well take it easy" said Ed. "Hey how was your night out with Tre by the way?" he said. "Were the band any good?" He's seeing your mom by the way, the two timing bastard.

"They were awesome Ed," said Hannah. "Tre gave me loads of tips about being a singer. It's helped."

"Yeah I noticed when we were recording. You've really got something you know," he said looking into her gorgeous eyes. Fuck it he could just grab her and kiss her right now but he knew he'd make a fool of himself if he did.

"Can I ask you something a little personal?" he said getting the courage up.

"Yeah, go ahead," said Hannah looking at Ed, he was such an easy guy to talk to, she loved Ed

"Do you like Tre? You know LIKE Tre?" he asked.

"Is it obvious?" she said.

"Not really." Said Ed. Yeah it fucking is to me he thought

"Actually. Yeah I do. I really like Tre but... I don't think he likes me much oh Ed I've made a fool of myself" and she burst out crying.

"Hey don't cry" said Ed taking this lovely girl into his arms and stroking her hair. "Nothing is that bad."

"It is. I slept with Tre." She blurted out.

Fuck thought Ed. I didn't think it had got that far.

"Yes. It was after the gig, but I think Tre treated it like a one night stand." She sniffed.

"Oh" said Ed. Fuck you Tre, that's not good. She's your daughter's friend and you took a little advantage there I feel. Fuck you and you're also seeing her mother. You're a bastard.

"I'm sure Tre still likes you" said Ed. How could he treat her like this?

"I don't think so," said Hannah. "I've been such a fool."

"No you haven't, Tre is the fool. A fool for not seeing you for what you are" he says

"Oh Ed. You're so kind to me. You're such a good friend to me," and she snuggled tighter into him. How dare you hurt this lovely girl, Tre Cool he thinks bitterly.

**

"What a gorgeous day for a beach party" said Franky to James while they sat drinking the punch and laying on a couple of towels on the sand

"Isn't it," said James. He was pissed off with Lucy but tried not to show it. He'd asked her out and she said she had to think about it and now she was standing over there with that fucking guy on her arm. What a fucking asshole he was. Anyway he was welcome to her; perhaps daddy approves of someone like that, not some punk kid like me with tattoos who played guitar in a band. Fuck you Lucy, it's your loss.

I'm sure James still quite likes me but I'm saving myself for Gerard thinks Franky looking over at James, although Gerard's only sent me 3 texts in two weeks. He was very apologetic but was finding the tour quite tiring. I'd seen his pictures in magazines and on the Internet and he is so gorgeous. Sometimes I just thought it was all just stupid waiting for him, after all we'd only spent a couple of hours together at most, hadn't even kissed let alone slept together. He was a guy so he was probably getting some somewhere. I tried not to think about that.

"That purple bikini really suits you," said James glancing over his sunglasses. Bless him he was always full of compliments thought Franky.

"Thanks. As you know by now, it's my favourite colour," I say taking another sip of my drink. Wow this punch was quite potent I thought. I looked over at James again, he was handsome but I much preferred being friends with him.

Everyone started getting up to dance then to the excellent music, Lucy played loads of Ramones stuff, old Queen songs, a few Green Day songs were dotted here and there. The sun was going down and it was a beautiful setting. Everyone continued drinking and chatting and sitting around on their towels. I'd drank quite a lot which was unusual for me as I couldn't usually take my drink but I did feel OK. James was looking at me in a weird way. Did I have something on my face? Suddenly James was getting closer and he started kissing me, out of the blue. I couldn't believe it. Why was I responding and kissing him back? It felt so good kissing him, his lips were soft and passionate and I realised that in fact I was desperate to kiss someone. I felt I NEEDED to kiss someone. I think it was a combination of the romantic location, the drink and sun but I felt like I was floating.

"Shall we go inside?" Said James "away from all the noise" he said getting up and holding his hand out to me.

"Why not," I said, taking hold of his hand and letting him pull me to my feet.

He led me away from the noise of the music and the laughter of the others and into the house. We went upstairs into one of the bedrooms. What was I doing? I didn't care.

He kissed me again and I got this tingly feeling in my stomach. This was new.
We kissed for ages then he started undoing my bikini top and I let him. This was it I thought. Did I want it? I think so. The majority of me wanted to but there was still this niggling doubt in my mind. Gerard. I had hardly heard from him. I blocked it out and let James carry on kissing me. It was a lovely feeling and didn't want him to stop. He laid me on the bed and took off the rest of my clothes. I was naked but didn't care.

"Are you OK?" He asked as I shivered slightly

"Fine," I said, pulling his face down towards mine. Just get on with it, will you?

I wasn't sure if I was enjoying it or not. Actually it was quite painful when the time came and when James rolled off me I felt disappointed. Was that it? I thought. Oh dear, not what I had imagined it would be like and not what everyone kept going on about at all.

I quickly slipped off the bed and put on my bikini and pulled on my jeans skirt. James was just lying there looking at me.

"I didn't realise," he said. I didn't answer him. Suddenly I felt that this had been a huge mistake.

"I didn't realise that was your first time," he said laying there looking up at me. Stop staring will you.

"So what," I said. I didn't know the guy could tell, could they?

"No reason," he said. "You OK though?" he said. Shut up about it, will you.

"Fine," I reply and sort of indicating that was the end of the conversation.

"I still like you a lot you know Franky? Couldn't we try again?" he almost begged it.

I sighed. "I don't think so James, I'm sorry but I think this was a one off. I don't want any awkwardness what with the band and all. Lets just leave it at that shall we," I said. Going over and kissing him on the cheek.

"Friends?" I said

"Ok, friends," he said reluctantly and he kissed my hand.

I went off to the bathroom to clean up as I felt a bit grubby. I found a hairbrush, brushed my hair through, washed myself down a little and rubbed some toothpaste on my teeth.

Just outside the bedroom I overheard James talking on the phone...

"Yep man you owe me $300 bucks. Yes I did. I fucked Franky Cool. That was the bet wasn't it? And I reckon you owe me another $300, as you'll never guess what dude? I only went and popped Franky Cool's cherry. Can you believe it man? I was her first. Now that's got to be worth another few bucks." He was laughing loudly now...