Sequel: Purple Hearts

Cherry Lips And Tattoos

Double Trouble

"You bastard." I stormed into the bedroom went over to the bed and slapped James hard around the face.

"You fucking bastard. How could you?" I said looking at him.

I felt sick. I turned and ran out of the house grabbing my bag on the way. I ran down the road covering myself up with a t-shirt and caught a taxi home. How could I have been so stupid?

As I got to the front door my phone went off. It was a text message from Gerard.

HI TINY. GUESS WOT? I'M BACK THE DAY AFTER 2MORO. YOU'D BETTER BE WEARING THOSE CHERRY LIPS FOR ME? G. XX

I couldn't believe this. Gerard was back in two days time. Why couldn't I have just waited? Because I'm fucking stupid, that's why...

**

The next day...

It's pretty earlier for the phone to be ringing. I check my watch before I lean over to answer, 7.30am. Who the hell...

"Hello," I say groggily into the phone.

"Franky." It's James and I didn't want to talk to him.

"Look I need to talk to you," he said pleadingly.

"Do you?" I said slowly sitting up. Bastard.

"Yeah," he said sheepishly.

"Talk then," I say quite nastily.

"I want to apologise," he said.

I don't respond.

"I need to see you Franky," he whispered.

"Look." I sigh. "OK then, come round in an hour," I relent.

I got up, showered and dressed and then went downstairs and waited for him, I really couldn't be bothered to face him but I knew I had to for the band's sake. He was about 15 minutes early.

I let him in but we didn't talk and I just followed him through to the Kitchen.

"I hate you for last night," I said suddenly, looking at his back

"I hate MYSELF for last night," he said not looking at me.

"I didn't realise how much I'd hurt you and I'm ashamed of myself," he said turning round and looking at me directly in the eyes. Why was it I fell for guys with green eyes? What was it about green eyes? "How can I put everything right?" He did look upset. But I didn't feel sorry for him.

"I don't know," I said. "I couldn't believe you could treat ANYONE like that...let alone me, your good friend and also your fellow band member."

"I know Franky and I'm disgusted with myself. If I'd have known it was your first time I'd have tried to have made it more special for you."

"Maybe I just wanted to see what it was like. It could have been anyone lying there," I said.

"Were you that desperate?" he said.

"No. I don't think it would have been anyone lying there. I just said that because I'm pissed off but I should have waited for someone special to come along," I said, sort of indicating that he wasn't special.

"I'm sorry. This has made me realise how I feel about you," said James.

"What do you mean? You fucked me for a bet, you can't have that much feeling for me," I said.

"I'd like us to be more than friends but I don't think you're going to want that are you?" said James looking down at his feet.

"You may want to be more than friends James, but I don't think I can be. It's friends only I'm afraid." He looked hurt but not as hurt as I'd been last night.

"I think I understand. I've fucked up big time haven't I?" he said.

"You could say that, but I don't want you fucking up the band. Lets try and put this in the past shall we," I say. "Lets forget the whole thing ever happened."

"OK Franky," Said James, sighing. "Look I'd better be going," he said. It looked like he had tears in his eyes. Good, he deserved to be upset.

"Yeah see you tomorrow for practice," I said and then he was gone.

James felt sick to the bone. He'd spoilt everything, but last night had taught him one thing. He finally realised he had gotten over Lucy. He was in love with Franky and there was now nothing he could do about it. He'd fucked up big time. What a fool he was. He loved Franky Cool. How was he ever going to win her over now?

That afternoon...

"Oh Tre," said Hannah. She didn't expect him to answer the door.

"Come in, come in," said Tre. "Good to see you but Franky isn't in, she's out with Milton, and she's taken him over to the bay for some different scenery. Poor dog gets sick of the park," he laughed. "Come in Hannah and have a drink with me," said Tre.

"Well...if you're sure," said Hannah.

Tre walked in front of her to the kitchen and Hannah wobbled a little. She felt weak with hunger but she didn't care she had now got into a pair of trousers that she hadn't worn for ages, a size smaller. Now if she could only get down a couple of more sizes she was sure that would do the trick.

"How about a beer?" said Tre opening the fridge door.

"Go on then," said Hannah watching him poor the drink. He was so handsome and charismatic and gentlemanly all at the same time. She loved this guy, he was so special.

"There you go," said Tre handing her the beer.

She took a couple of sips and Hannah swore she could feel the alcohol course straight through her veins, an amazing sensation.

"How did you enjoy it at the studio the other day?" said Tre. "I haven't had a chance to talk to you properly."

"It was awesome and thanks for helping us out Tre," she said.

"You're more than welcome," he said. "You're so talented and you guys have something, I'm sure the public will love you," he said.

"We'll just have to wait and see," replied Hannah. She was feeling light headed then. The beer had gone straight to her head.

"Listen Hannah, about the other night," said Tre.

"What about the other night?" whispered Hannah.

"It was special wasn't it?" said Tre.

"Very," said Hannah, she blushed.

"Would you like to do it again sometime?" said Tre looking at this lovely girl.

"Yeah, why not," said Hannah, she couldn't believe that this was happening; not eating was sure doing the trick.

"How about right now," said Tre, coming towards her and kissing her passionately on the lips.

She didn't have a chance to speak, Tre was all over her, hands in her hair, he was kissing her neck and ears, and it was wonderful.

Tre pulled away.

"Where shall we go?" whispered Tre. "Franky could be home soon."

"My house," said Hannah, "no one is in."

They hurriedly got into Hannah's car and pulled off the drive and drove the fairly short distance to Hannah's.

"Are you sure you're not expecting anyone back?" said Tre

"No, not until early evening," said Hannah.

"Good," said Tre.

As he entered Hannah's house he spotted a set of golf clubs in the hall. He just thought someone in this house plays golf but he wasn't really interested in who, he just wanted to get Hannah into bed.

**
Hannah couldn't believe that she was lying in her bedroom, in her bed with Tre Cool naked next to her. He was dozing and she watched him. I fucking love you she thought to herself looking at the handsome guy next to her. I fucking love you and I think you love me too. I'm so happy right now. Just then she could hear a key in the front door. It must be her mother. She quickly ran to the top of the stairs to check.

"Hi Mum. I'm just getting a quick shower, be down in about ten minutes," she shouted down.

"OK sweetheart," said her mother but Hannah had already gone back to her room.

"Tre. Tre. Wake up; we have to get you out of here. My mother is home," said Hannah trying to get a response out of Tre.

"Fuck it," said Tre. "How am I going to get out?" he said. What had he been playing at coming here? Why couldn't he keep it in his pants?

"Get dressed and I'll keep her talking in the kitchen. While I'm in there, you'll just have to sneak out the front door," she said to him.

"OK," said Tre. What had he got himself into here?

**

Tre was walking down the road having just left Hannah's. Fucking hell Tre that was close he thought to himself. What if Hannah's mother had caught you? Shit. She may be a right old battleaxe he laughed to himself. He checked his watch. A couple of hours to go and he would be meeting up with Susan...

**

That night...

Sammi's journal

I have slept with David. Oh dear. It was OK but nothing much to say about it really. I thought it would be a marvellous wonderful feeling but it wasn't. David enjoyed himself though. I don't think things will be going very far with David. He's OK as a friend but boyfriend material... I don't think so. Where are you, man of my dreams?


**
"Hey mum," said James, "you look fantastic. I like the hair cut," He said.

"Yes you look lovely mum," said Hannah yawning.

"Thanks guys," said Susan, putting her hand up to her hair.

"So...where is it you're going this evening?" said Hannah.

"Oh, just meeting some friends at the golf club and then having dinner," she said.

"Oh and I wanted to ask you two something. Have you ever heard of a guy called Tre? Tre Cool?" Said Susan.

"What?" said James "of course we have. He's Franky's dad," he said.

"Oh," said Susan, shit she hadn't realised. Now it made sense, the drumming.

"Why?" said Hannah. Why would her mother ask about him? She wanted to shout out yeah mom, I know him real well, we slept together in my bed this afternoon and you just missed him as he sneaked out when I was talking to you.

"Oh no reason, I just read an article on him and his band and it said that they lived locally. Wow I didn't realise Franky had a rock star dad." said Susan.

"Yeah he's such a lovely man," said Hannah. I love him so much mom and I really wish I could tell you. Hopefully soon.

"Oh is he?" said Susan. "Good." Yeah he is and I'm falling for him big time. Hopefully soon I can tell you both all about us.

"Anyway have a wonderful evening mom, won't you," said Hannah.

"Yeah enjoy yourself," said James.

"I'll try," said Susan. "And don't you two go waiting up for me now," she said.

"We won't," Hannah and James said at the same time.

**

"Well you look lovely," said Tre to Susan. He had picked her up from the golf club and they were going to go off down the coast for a drive, and something to eat.

They pulled up at a hotel that Tre knew which did marvellous food.

"Oh my god, this looks expensive," thought Susan, but he can afford it, as he's a multi millionaire. "What a gorgeous hotel," said Susan.

"Yes isn't it," said Tre looking at Susan. There was no doubt about it there was definitely a sexual tension in the air tonight thought Tre.

Later...

"Listen Susan," said Tre

"Yes," said Susan her eyes glistening. They had such a wonderful meal and Tre had been so chatty and funny and gentlemanly. How could anyone match this guy? He's a perfect gent she thought. I think I'm ready for something more with you Mr. Tre Cool.

"I've taken the liberty of booking a room at the hotel here. Maybe we could have a little drink upstairs, away from all the noise. What do you think?" He said hopefully.

"I thought you'd never ask," said Susan.

The next morning...

Tre woke up and looked over at the sleeping Susan. That was wonderful he thought. The best he'd had since Sammi. He sighed and lay on his back looking up at the ceiling. Oh Sammi. I'm not betraying you am I? I loved you with all my heart and I'll go on loving you. There'll always be a little piece of you inside me and you'll always be in my head but I'm moving on, you wanted me to, you said so in your letter. I hope you approve of Susan, I think you will. I like Susan a lot in fact I think I'm starting to fall in love with her. It's a different love from my Sammi love though. Is it possible to love two people at the same time? It'll have to be.

Susan woke and saw Tre watching her.

"Morning sleepy head," he said. "You OK on this fine morning?"

"Of course, who wouldn't be fine when you are the first thing to see." She laughed.

Tre bent and kissed her.

"Tre?" she said looking at him.

"Yes honey," said Tre.

"Last night..."

"Hhmmmm, now lets think...what happened last night?" said Tre scratching his chin.

"How can you forget?" said Susan smiling.

"I haven't forgotten, what about it?" said Tre kissing her nose.

Susan blushed. "It was wonderful," she said sighing.

"Of course it was...you've just made love to the most experienced man on the planet," he said.

"Oh stop it," said Susan. "It had been a long time for me...I didn't realise it could be that good. Now I know your head will start to grow but...seriously it was special," she said.

"Good," said Tre, kissing her chin now.

"Hey I think I'd like more of that special treatment?" said Susan.

"How about now?" said Tre snuggling in and taking Susan in his arms.

The next day...

"Dad?" said Franky coming into the Kitchen. Tre was reading a newspaper at the Kitchen table.

"Yes sweetheart," he said not even looking up.

"How do you feel about Hannah?" said Franky coming to sit opposite him.

"Hannah?" said Tre looking over the top of the newspaper at Franky.

"Yeah Dad, Hannah. Hannah who you slept with on that night out," said Franky matter of factly.

"Oh," said Tre, folding up the paper.

"Yeah she told me all about it dad. Do you like her?" asked Franky studying her father's face.

"I do like her but..." said Tre ,putting the paper down on the table.

"But that's it," said Franky answering for him.

"Yeah. That's it," said Tre looking away. He couldn't look at his daughter right then.

"Oh dad, she really likes you and I think you did such a bad thing by sleeping with her," said Franky. God she was so forceful when she wanted to be.

"I feel bad but that wasn't the only time," said Tre.

"What do you mean?" asked Franky, confused.

"I saw her yesterday and we had a repeat performance," said Tre, slightly ashamed.

"Oh Dad," said Franky smiling, "so you're properly going out now, an item?" she said. She couldn't wait to tell Hannah the good news.

"No Franky. I don't see it that way at all. Its just a...a sex thing," said Tre.

"Oh Dad no, please no, not with Hannah," said Franky. She felt sick suddenly.

"She's irresistible," said Tre, shrugging.

"She's gorgeous dad, but I think you've been a little unfair. She's young, inexperienced and she really thinks you're the real thing," said Franky.

"She doesn't does she?" asked Tre. Shit what had he been playing at.

"She does Dad," said Franky realising that her father couldn't even look her in the eye.

"Fuck I thought she knew the score. Anyway, there's someone else," said Tre.

"Who?" said Franky.

"Someone you don't know. She's my age and I've seen a little bit of her, we get on quite well but I don't want to introduce her yet. It's still early days," he said.

"Oh dad. I don't know what to tell Hannah," said Franky.

"Tell her that I think she's wonderful and would make someone happy someday," said Tre.

Franky looks unimpressed here thinks Tre.

"Dad?" said Franky.

"Yes?"

"You can be a bit of a bastard when you want," she said.

"Can I?" said Tre.

"Yeah." Then Franky stormed out.