Sequel: Purple Hearts

Cherry Lips And Tattoos

The aftermath

The sun was streaming through the windows and I realised we must have slept all night. I checked my watch, 6am. It was still very early. I looked down and saw his familiar tattooed arms wrapped around me. I reached out and touched the soccer ball on his left arm. This had always been my favourite. Then I looked over to his other arm and there she was, Adrienne. Her name was there and her face. Oh my god, what have I done? It was then that I realised that I had probably made the biggest mistake of my entire life. This shouldn't have happened. I crept out of his bed and got quickly dressed. I looked down at Billie Joes sleeping face and vowed that this could never happen again. I hope nobody ever finds out about this. I was disgusted with myself. I hated myself at that moment. I got in the car and drove home. Once in the house I ran up to my room and got into bed. Sleep wouldn't come.

Oh my fucking god I've done the worst thing ever. I've betrayed Adi and her children. What was I thinking? It takes two but Billie was probably drunk last night. He must think I'm a slut. Who cares? I did.

The phone was ringing.

"Hello," I said reaching across for it.

"Franky," said Billie Joe. Firm fingers applying lotion to my back

I didn't reply I didn't know what to say. Franky I've wanted to kiss you for a while now.

"Franky why did you run away?" he simply said. Kiss me then.

"Because I've made a mistake," I whispered into the phone. i>Tongue running along my bottom lip.

"Is that what it was?" asked Billie. Strong hands holding my face

"Yes," I said. No. My fingers roaming his chest.

"Why do you say that?" Skin on skin, hearts beating faster.

"I've betrayed Adi. I love Adi. She's your wife," I replied. My fingers tangled in his spiky black hair.

"It's over with Adi," said Billie. Laying side by side, bodies touching.

"I'm sorry. It was still a mistake," I said. Sparkly green eyes full of desire.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. To me it was wonderful. Did it mean nothing at all to you?" Yes. Tenderly licking at my tattoo

"I don't know." Yes it was wonderful I thought to myself. let me take you to get some more tattoos.

"Either it did or didn't," said Billie. Fingers gently brushing against my neck.

"It did a bit." Heavy breathing.

"Franky I think I'm in love with you." "Cherry Lips"

"Please Billie I don't want to hear that," I replied. "Tattoos"

"I do think that though." I love you too

"I'm so sorry Billie," I love you Billie Joe Armstrong and always have

"Why?" Moist bodies laying contented

"Because it won't be happening again. I love Adi and you but this is so wrong. I'm sorry." I love your cherry lips

"So am I." I love your tattoos

"I have to go," I said to him. Adi's face

"Why?" he whispered. So wrong...

"To think," I answered.

"What about?" asked Billie.

"About everything. Please Billie. Please just leave me alone," I said.

And with that I slammed down the phone. Franky I think I love you. Shit.

I went and showered and tried to tidy myself up a little but my mind was on the previous evening. There was no doubt about it, it was all I had dreamt of and it had been wonderful but it was wrong, so wrong. Everyone would get hurt. Reality had set in. In the dreams I had all those years ago Billie and I would live happily ever after together. Fairytale stuff. I had been kidding myself all along and must have been living in dreamland. There were too many people involved. My feelings for Billie were so confusing, did I want him or not? Sort of, but I also felt that Billie and Adi should be together and that they should make things up between them. Why had I realised this too late?

My phone bleeped then.

HI. I'VE JUST LANDED AT THE AIRPORT. I CANT WAIT UNTIL I SEE YOU. SHALL WE GO FOR OUR LONG AWAITED WALK IN THE MOUNTAINS TOMORROW CHERRY LPS? GER

I text straight back.

I CANT WAIT. F.XXX

A reply came back immediately.

I'LL COME AND GET YOU AT 11.30AM XX

Oh Gerard. Why couldn't you have come back a week ago and then none of this would have happened. I have slept with two different men in two days. Will you still want me now? Cherry Lips and Tattoos Damn. I started to cry, I was so confused.

"I'm home," said a voice from downstairs. Dad.

"Hi Dad!" I shouted then sniffed. "I'll be down in a minute." I quickly wiped my face and checked in the mirror so that it looked like I hadn't been crying.

"How's grandpa?" I asked giving Dad a hug.

"He's doing fine," said dad kissing me on the forehead. "But he's looking so much older now," he said.

"You'll be like that one day," I laughed

"Not too soon I hope," he said giving me a hug. His smell comforted me and I felt like I wanted to stay safe in his arms forever.

"Hey are we friends again?" he said looking down at me.

I couldn't be bothered really to argue with Dad. I loved him and needed him right now.

"Yeah, friends," I said hugging him tighter.

Later that day...

I was upstairs in my room; tidying up a little with my ipod on when I was sure I could hear knocking. I went to the top of the stairs to listen to who it was.

"Hi you two," said Dad opening the door up to Billie and Adi. "What's up?" I could hear.

"Where is she?" said Adi. My stomach fell. She was angry, what did she know?

"Who, Franky?" said Dad

"Yeah. Franky," said Adi in a cold voice.

"Upstairs," said Tre.

"Could you go and get her then please, Tre?" said Adi.

"Look Adi, what's wrong? You look real angry. What's wrong with Adi, Billie?" but Billie didn't answer. He looked dreadful. What the fuck is going on here? Thinks Tre.

"Tre I'm fucking livid," said Adi.

"What is it honey?" said Tre. He hardly ever heard Adi swear. She looked dreadful too. Thin, dark circles under her eyes, and real anger.

"Well I've just found this. It was in our bed." She held up Franky's ingot.

I could hear every word. My hand flew to my neck. The ingot was missing. How fucking stupid am I? Now I had to face the consequences...

What will Dad think of me?