Sequel: Purple Hearts

Cherry Lips And Tattoos

Do you have the hots for Billie Joe by any chance?

The next day...

At the Golf Club...

Tre was in the golf shop at the golf club buying himself a few new clubs.

"Hi, Tre," said Bob coming into the shop. "Good choice," he said looking at one of the clubs that Tre had picked out for himself.

"Thought I'd treat myself to a little something," said Tre, "Do you fancy a drink in the club bar, Bob?" said Tre.

"Why not?" said Bob. "What do you think of Susan our new barmaid? Bit of a looker don't you think?"

"She's very pretty," said Tre heading over to the counter to pay for the clubs.

"She's a lovely lady," said Bob. "Her husband died not long after her youngest child was born. She's brought three kids up single-handed. I take my hat off to her"

"Oh, right" said Tre only half listening. Susan's welcoming smile greeted the two men as they entered the clubhouse.

"The usual, Bob?" said Susan

"Please sweetheart," said Bob.

"And you?" Said Susan looking at Tre, "are you having the same as you had the other day?"

"It depends what you've got on offer," said Tre all twinkly eyed

"What if I haven't got anything you want?" said the equally cheeky Susan.

"I'm sure you have," said Tre

"A beer then," said Susan smiling.

"Beer's fine thanks Susan," Tre said, 'Susan had a gorgeous smile,' thought Tre.

She served them their beers. Then, Bob spotted an old pal.

"Jim," he shouted over to a guy walking into the club. "How's the old heart doing? Good to see you back here old boy. Excuse me Tre," said Bob turning to him. "Jim's just recovering from heart bypass. I must go over and see him."

"Of course," said Tre taking a sip of beer.

Susan started wiping the bar near where Tre was sitting.

"I love that guy," said Susan nodding over at Bob. "He's such a good old soul."

"Yeah. I've been coming here years. He always has a smile and a welcome for everyone. I think it's his second home."

He noticed Susan looking at his tie.

"You like?" he asked, fingering the tie.

"I do," she said. "But do you always wear a tie while playing golf? I noticed you were wearing one the other day after you'd played."

"Generally. I wear ties doing most things," said Tre raising his eyebrows.

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" said Susan laughing at the guy with the big blue eyes, blue eyes but sad eyes.

"Excuse me a moment," said Susan, "I have to serve someone" and Tre watched her wander off up to the other end of the bar. 'She has good legs,' thought Tre.

He didn't get a chance to talk to Susan again as the bar got busy and he had to get back home.

**

Susan watched the guy in the tie leave the bar. What a handsome guy, I didn't even catch his name, something about him looks familiar though but he has a sadness about him even though he's a cheeky guy. I wonder what his story is? I hope he comes back soon.

**

On his way home Tre didn't even realise that he hadn't thought of Sammi for at least an hour. Now that was a first.

***
Franky aimed her phone at her tattoo and took a photograph. She checked out the image and then typed in a message to Charlie:

HERE YOU ARE. MY TATTOO. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK? EVERYONE HERE LOVES IT. HOPE YOU DO TOO XX

She pressed send and the picture was gone.

Half an hour later she had a reply from Charlie:

I ADORE THE THAT. IT LOOKS FANTASTIC. I HOPE YOU ARE OK? GOT THAT DATE FIXED UP YET WITH JAMES? CHARLIE X

She replied

NOT YET. I'M SEEING HIM TOMORROW. DID I TELL YOU THAT WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING A BAND TOGETHER? F

Charlie replied:

ABOUT TIME. HURRY AND GET FORMING WILL YOU. I CANT BELIEVE YOU WAITED THIS LONG LITTLE DRUMMER GIRL. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU. I MAY BE ABLE TO GET OVER IN A FEW MONTHS. TAKE CARE XXXXX CHARLIE XXXXX

Later...

We were all in the basement huddled round listening to the demo tape I made of the song. Me, Hannah, James and Ed. I clicked stop on the machine and looked at them. The guys were gobsmacked.

"That's awesome," said Ed

"Fucking brilliant" said James. "You can count me in on this band thing"

"Me too" said Ed. "When can we start?"

"How about now?" I replied.

I was so pleased that the guys were impressed. I watched James go over to pick up his guitar. He was so good looking and I knew loads of girls that were after him. He was three years older than me at 20 but that didn't bother me at all. I liked older guys. He'd played guitar since he was 8 and was into all the stuff that I liked. He had dark brown hair that was fairly long and floppy and green eyes. What is it with green eyes? He wasn't that tall, about 5'9 and he had a few tattoos on his arms. I loved tattooed arms.

Ed was a nice guy, tall and lanky with short black hair. He had his lip pierced twice. He was quite into piercings. He had three earrings in each ear and apparently both his nipples were pierced. He had loads of tattoos but very different ones to James'. His whole back was a work of art. When you first saw him he could be a little scary but he was such a quiet kind guy once you got to know him the first impression disappeared. He was hot on the bass too.

We all started jamming about and messing when the boys decided they wanted to play 'Basket case'. I knew it so well and so did they as we'd all grown up listening to Green Day, it just came naturally.

We put the instruments down and I went off to get some drinks. As I was upstairs in the kitchen I could hear the doorbell go.

It was Billie Joe. Heart flip time. Why was my heart jumping? I couldn't believe it and with James downstairs.

"Hi Titch" he said coming in and giving me the usual kiss on the cheek and I could smell his usual aftershave.

"Hi Billie. Everything OK?" I ask.

"Yeah not bad" he said but didn't look his usual chirpy self. "Adi's out collecting the boys from soccer practice and then they are going shopping so I was at a loose end. Where's your Dad?"

"Oh he's out at the golf club. I'm not sure if Mike is with him or not or he may have gone to get a round in with old Bob. I can't remember what he said now."

"Him and his golf" Billie said rolling his eyes. "What are you up to anyway?" he asked

"Well actually, I've got some friends downstairs. We're having band practice."

"OF COURSE. Tre mentioned something about an awesome song. Tell me more," said Billie looking really excited.

"Oh, nothing much to tell. We haven't even got a name," I say.

"What stuff are you playing?" he asked

"Well, mainly punk rock but ours is a sort of different sound, nothing like I've ever heard before" I laughed. "Come on down to the basement and meet the guys" I said.

He followed me down and I was aware of him walking behind me. I've got to fucking stop this. I'll be 18 soon. I need someone of my very own to take my mind off him.

The guys were strumming together but all was silent when Billie walked into the room.

"Don't stop on my account" said Billie. "Please, carry on"

I think Ed was a bit awestruck. I mean I suppose he was thinking how can I possibly carry on playing when Billie Joe Armstrong was in the room.

I introduced everyone to Billie and I noticed that Hannah wasn't as girly towards him as when she met Dad.

"I suppose you want to hear the song then?" I said to Billie smiling. "I suppose Dad has told you all about it seeing as you guys tell each other everything"

"Yeah he did kinda mention it," said Billie scratching his chin.

"Ok then guys. Shall we play it for Billie?" I called.

"Do we get a choice?" said Hannah

"No. It doesn't look like we do," I laughed looking at Billie settling down onto one of the large sofas.

I made myself comfortable behind the drum kit then Ed shouted 1, 2, 1,2,3,4 and we began. I couldn't look at Billie the whole time I played; I just concentrated on getting everything right. I must admit Hannah sung her heart out. She rocked.

When we played the last note there was clapping coming from Billie Joe and he stood up and walked over towards us.

"Fucking hell kids that was awesome. That song is so good you've got a do something with it. Don't waste your talents, you've got to take this forward guys."

The boys were glowing with Billie Joe's praise.

"Listen kids I'm going to have a word with Tre and Mike, may be we can help you out in some way" at that moment his phone rang and he walked away to answer it.

"Look I'm gonna have to go now. Check you guys out later" and then he was gone.

"I don't believe that just happened," said James. "Billie fucking Joe Armstrong likes our stuff." We all laughed.

"He's just a normal guy," I say.

"No he's far from normal," said Ed. "He's like a god". We laughed even more then had one more practice of the song before the guys left.

"Franky?" said Hannah while we were tidying stuff away

"Mmmmm" I said, not even looking up at her.

"Have you got the hots for Billie Joe by any chance?" she said...