Sequel: Purple Hearts

Cherry Lips And Tattoos

Tre has "Needs"

Franky woke and glanced over at her alarm clock. 7am. She thought about the previous evening with James. She did like James but she really couldn't be bothered with anybody that had previous girlfriend hang ups. She wanted to be with someone that could give time to her only. She wanted none of this ex-girlfriend thing. No, James wasn't the one for her. He was cool, good looking and everything but something wasn't there. He doesn't tick all the boxes does he mum? She thought to herself.

She was wide-awake now and decided to get dressed and go down and make a cup of coffee. The sun was already beating down outside. It's going to be a gorgeous day thought Franky and I couldn't wait until band practice when I can share my ideas with the guys. I think its time we got ourselves a name. I wonder how dad got on at the Chopstick Bowl with that awful Pam? Poor dad. He does get himself into fixes. Why couldn't he just say no? He was too polite for his own good.

Franky put the cookie jar on the tray with Tre's cup of tea and her coffee and climbed the stairs to Tre's bedroom. She knocked on the door but no answer. Should she wake him? Why not? He loved it when it was a gorgeous day he wouldn't want to miss it and he did mention something about going to play golf with Mike. I'll just open and go in I'm sure he won't mind if I wake him.

Franky opened the door but what she saw when she opened it made her drop the tray. She almost threw up. There was Tre and lying naked and sprawled all over him was Plastic Pammy.

Franky was so stunned that she just ran down the stairs and out through the front door. She jumped into the car and drove to the cemetery, tears streaming down her face. How could you? How could you? In mum's bed with her favourite crisp white bed covers and with her? She's a bitch. She's ugly. Oh dad. This is gross.

She suddenly felt as thought she couldn't go and sit next to her mother's grave. She felt as if she did she'd have to tell her mum all about what she'd just seen but she couldn't face it. She couldn't tell her mum what she'd seen it was disgusting so she sat in the car outside the cemetery gates feeling sick.

She sat there for a while then noticed a car pull up in her rear view mirror. Tre.

She saw him get out of the car, all bedraggled. He opened her passenger door and sat in the seat. She couldn't look at him.

"Franky" said Tre. "What can I say?"

Franky didn't speak to him.

"Francesca please talk to me, we're adults here." Said Tre sighing.

"Are we?" Franky snapped. "How could you Dad? In mum's bed with her best bed covers. She loved those sheets they were her favourites. That woman was all over you dad. How could you? She's disgusting. You said you hated her and now you've screwed her in mum's bed."

"Francesca that's enough of talk like that." Said Tre getting concerned now. He ran his fingers through his hair, what had he done?

"Its true though" said Franky looking at her father.

"I know" said Tre "and... well.. I didn't realise it had happened I must have been drunk"

"Oh dad, don't give me that." Said Franky

"No I mean it. I wouldn't have slept with her given the choice. She's really not my type at all."

"What is your type then? I didn't know you had a type. Was mum your 'type'?" Franky said sarcastically.

"You know she was," said Tre sadly.

"Have you had many 'types'?"

"Franky stop this. Please" begged Tre.

"No. I can't believe it. Do you do it often? Do you have your 'type' round when I'm not there?"

"Franky that was the first time in.. in my bed."

"Mums bed" I reminded him.

"Franky mum died three years ago," said Tre hating himself for having to say it to her.

"Oh yeah I forgot for a minute." Said Franky fighting the tears. She wasn't going to cry.

They were silent and it was getting them nowhere.

"Franky can we talk seriously here. Pam was a mistake. A HUGE mistake. I don't know how I got myself into this at all. May be she spiked my drink or something." Said Tre.

"Oh dad don't be stupid, now why would she do that?" said Franky.

"I'm not being stupid and who knows. I don't think she's quite all there." He said.

"Have there been others?" Franky suddenly said.

"Other what?" Tre asked. Sort of knowing what she meant.

"Oh dad. Other women?"

Tre didn't answer at first.

"No one serious." He couldn't look at his daughter.

"So there has been other women?"

"Not at our house." He still couldn't look her in the face.

"Where then?" Franky felt sick.

"On tour." He suddenly said.

"WHAT?"

"No. Not the fans or anything but a couple of one night stands. A make up girl, someone that worked behind the scenes. A TV presenter, a waitress" Actually there had been quite a few but Tre couldn't remember half of them.

"Oh Dad" said Franky embarrassed.

"I'm sorry Franky but I'm not a saint. I have needs." Said Tre.

"I thought mum was the only one." Said Franky quietly.

"She was the only one, I never cheated on your mum. She's the only one I've loved like that. With your Mum it was... we made love... the others.. they are just.. sex." He was so embarrassed about how this conversation was going, having to explain his sex life to his teenage daughter.

"Oh dad that's awful." She couldn't look at him now.

"No its not. They're willing too. It's a two-way thing." Said Tre. She had to know. She was old enough. "When you're older you'll understand. When you meet someone special its different. It's still sex obviously and its great but with someone special, with someone you love its.. Different"

Franky covered her ears. " Its gross Dad I don't really want to hear it." She said.

"You have to face facts. I'm a grown man. I'm just sorry you found out this way but I thought you'd have known. I'd never bring other women into the house like that; this is why I find it strange. Something was put in my drink I swear it. I was out of it last night but this morning I haven't got a hangover at all. I'm fine."

"Do you think she would do something like that?" I said.

"Who knows?" said Tre feeling weird about this whole situation.

"Dad?" said Franky looking at him.

"Yeah" said Tre looking at his daughter. His beautiful daughter who had changed into a woman overnight.

"Lets go home shall we? Plus you need a bath. I'm sorry to say it but you stink of that woman. She's all over you."

Tre felt ashamed then.

"I'm sorry you had to find out in this way." Said Tre.

"So am I". I said. It was disgusting but I finally realised that dad had to have other women now and again. How gross.

We both drove away from the cemetery without going in to see mum's grave. Obviously it was something that we couldn't tell mum, either of us.

I followed dad's car home and there on the drive was that disgusting pink car staring at us.

We got out.

"You'd better tell her then Dad." I said to him firmly.

"Tell her what?" he answered.

"Well she probably thinks she's well in with you now." Said Franky.

Dad laughed. "You are kidding I hope. I hope I never see that woman again," he said.

They went into the house and straight through to the kitchen where Pammy was standing there in Tre's robe.

"I'm going up to shower," said Franky. "I'll leave you to it," she said to Tre.

"Are you hungry Tre after last night?" purred Pam. "Shall I make us some breakfast, or do you just want a coffee?"

"Look Pam" said Tre. "Last night was great but.. I think that is all it's going to be. How can I put it? A one nighter. I'm not ready for this relationship thing yet. Do you understand?" Said Tre trying to put it the best he could but wishing that she would get the fuck off out of his house.

"Its OK Tre. I understand," said Pammy. "But what a night it was huh Tre? Something I'll never forget. Look. I'll go get my stuff and be out of your hair." She said. "Thanks for a lovely evening. Friends?" She said putting out her hand for Tre to take.

"Friends" said Tre shaking her hand.

"See you around Tre". Thought Pam. Oh and yes he would see me around, as I haven't finished with you yet.

"Yeah take care now Pammy." Said Tre.

Tre filled the kettle with water while Pam went upstairs to get changed and grab her things.

When she got to the top of the stairs she saw Franky grabbing some towels out of a cupboard.

Franky ignored her but just as she closed the cupboard door she could feel Pam standing close behind her. She turned and came face to face with her.

"Satisfied?" was all Pam said to her. Her eyes were huge and angry.

"You're a little bitch. This was all your doing. Tre and I were getting along fine until you disturbed us. How dare you walk in on your father and me like that? You disgusting little midget." She said nastily.

Franky got a little scared then.

"If it wasn't for you, you little cow we'd still be together now. Tre was just about to ask me out on another date. What did you say to him bitch?" She spat. "You're gonna be sorry you ever met me" she said and turned to go into Tre's bedroom. As she did she tripped over Milton who was standing behind her. "Fucking mutt!" she said and gave him a kick on the leg. Milton yelped.

That did it for Franky.

"You bitch," said Franky. "Why don't you hurry up and get the fuck out of my house".

She followed Pam into Tre's bedroom and stood in the doorway watching her gathering up her things. Pam went into the bathroom to get changed and Franky noticed that there was a camera sticking out of her bag. It was a digital camera. She quickly went over to the bag, got out the camera and checked some of the pictures. They were all of Tre. Tre naked and Pam together. Oh my god. She quickly deleted the pictures from the camera and as she put the camera back in the bag she noticed a photograph sticking out of one of the pockets. Dare I? Yes. She took the photograph out of the bag and couldn't believe what she saw in the picture...