The Shadows Will Never Hurt You

02 The Shadows Will Never Hurt You

His eyes shone deviously in the clear moonlight as he cast a shadow down upon the victim who lay before him. He watched the tears silently fall from her eyes, clear droplets rolling down her ivory cheeks like the trickle of a small stream. A sneer formed on his rose red lips and he took a step forward. The girl still did not make any sound; she seemed frozen in his presence.

He took one last step forward and the red in his eyes became visible to the girl. Realization dawned on her. She opened her mouth to scream, but a hand was put to it. Her eyes widened as her captor dragged her to her feet and stood to face her. He glared at her; a fiery stare coming from his red irises. She looked into his eyes and found she couldn't look away.

He concentrated on her; her eyes, her soul, and her life. He gathered his strength and let forth his black shadow. It burst out of his chest and swirled above their heads, before plummeting down and circling the girl. She was screaming now, but no noise could be heard outside of the shadowy figure that engulfed her.

When the shadow finally left the girl be, it swooped up into the sky and then dove back down into the man's chest. The girl was frozen in place, her eyes wide in fear, not a muscle was moving. He once again concentrated on her, but this time, more specifically on her lips. He started at them, feeling the pull of the forces at work, until it finally happened.

A small, glowing orb emerged from her parted lips and it slowly made its way towards him, and just like the shadow before it, it was swallowed up into his chest. He felt the familiar jolt as it entered his system, and he closed his eyes, relaxing.

The girl's eyes were flat and glossy looking; her once paralyzed body had crumpled to the ground. Her clothes were torn and tinted Gray. She was no more. He paid no more attention to her and left the scene, strolling down the street. Under the bright lights his eyes shone a different color: no longer red, they shone a soft brown.

He entered a house and a lady his age was waiting for him. Her brown hair was tucked up into a bun and her blue eyes were filled with care for the man.

"How was tonight?" She asked, her voice hinting danger.

"It went perfect, almost effortless," He answered with a smirk on his face. The couple walked through the kitchen and on to the back porch where they stood in the moonlight.

"It sure is a beautiful night," She commented, turning to look at him. And in the light of the moon, two pairs of red eyes met.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um... I wrote this at camp and I wasn't really sure what to do with it... sooo... I posted it.

But keep in mind, this story is not related to chapter one. This is like another one shot with a similar theme, so it made sense to put it here...

So, ok... I would love your feedback!

Peace&Love, Erin