Just Crimson

Breakfast

Fiona shot up and awake the moment the icy water hit her.
“Wake up!” I voice yelled.
Pushing away the dark auburn hair that stuck to her forehead, she looked up to be met with the amused face of a Black Crimson that she hadn’t seen before.
More annoyance and anger bottled itself inside of her chest, struggling to explode.
She heard Kevin mutter something under his breath beside her and her heart jumped when she saw the Black Crimson’s face change.
“You got something to say to me, human?” He yelled angrily.
Fiona watched in horror as the Black Crimson raised the bucket over his head, about to swing it.
Kevin cringed deeply, pushing himself against the wall.
A loud chuckled escaped the Black Crimson as he lowered back down the bucket.
Relief surged through Fiona, who sighed.
“Come on, Crimsons. It’s you’re turn for breakfast.” He spoke, walking to stand by the door.
Fiona frowned, confused.
The two days that she had been here, they fed the Crimsons only one piece of bread in the morning. And that was inside of their cells. Never had they brought them out to eat.
She looked at the new girl who was also drenched in water, stand up from the sitting position and walk out of the door.
Fiona wondered if she actually did understand English.
She and Kevin stood up and headed to the door.
“Only the ladies” The Black Crimson suddenly said. “You’ll get your turn later.” He said to Kevin who stopped immediately in his steps.
Fiona hesitantly walked out of the cell, looking back at Kevin who sent her a thin smile.
She and the new girl followed behind the Black Crimson who started to walk out the building.
Once outside, he leaded them to the side of the building, which was some sort of alley between another that kept more cells.
Two small lights were situated against the two walls which surprised Fiona when she saw other female Crimsons lined up against the wall to her left.
“On the wall.” The Black Crimson who had leaded them ordered.
Hesitantly, Fiona did as she was told and stood beside the new girl.
The sky, like always, was black and Fiona felt as if she had been woken up in the middle of the night.
She wrapped her arms around herself; the water that soaked her clothes had turned cold.
“They should be here any second, now.” Fiona heard the Black Crimson mutter as he looked out the alley.
His pale skin was also covered in Black Lines, of course.
Though, he looked less monstrous and aggressive than the other male Black Crimson’s she’d seen, Fiona already knew that he wasn’t.
His hair was dark brown and tousled, which fell over his ears. He was tall. Again, like most male Black Crimsons. Though, he’s probably the less muscular one she’d seen yet, even if he was still leanly built.
His eyes, which were the biggest surprise of all, were a bright blue.
Most of them always had the darkest eyes, which just made them even more frightening.
Fiona was pushed out of her thoughts when she heard loud foot steps.
Her eyes widened when she saw about a dozen of Black Crimsons entering the alley.
Not to mention the fact that they were all male.
Fiona was suddenly even more doubtful about breakfast.
“Pick one. Just don’t forget to keep one for me.” She heard the Black Crimson that had brought her here tell the others.
Fiona watched as one of them grabbed a girl not too far away from her.
She didn’t have the chance to see much before she felt a cold, big hand grab her arm.
“I think you’ll be my breakfast today.” She heard a familiar voice speak.
Snapping her head to the side, she was met with the Black Crimson from yesterday.
At least, she thinks it was yesterday. It hard to tell when there is no sun.
His bulging muscles and too big jaw is what familiarized him from all the others.
But he wasn’t exactly what had scared her the most.
It was his words.
Tugging her arm, Fiona struggled to get out of his grasp.
“Let go!” She yelled, her words drowning into the other women’s screams.
When he did let go, Fiona only cringed and covered her head with her arms when she saw his fist pull back.
She anxiously waited for the blow, wanting it to be quickly over.
But when it never came, she cautiously opened her eyes.
“This ones mine today.” She heard the blue eyed Black Crimson say, who was, at the moment, holding the other Black Crimson’s balled up fist in his hand as if he had saved her from the blow.
Fiona was surprised when the one with the bulging muscles walked away.
The blue eyed one then turned to face her.
It was a good thing she didn’t get her hopes up because it was only seconds before he then pushed her roughly against the wall, pinning her arms to her sides.
Suddenly terrified of what he might do, Fiona struggled to get out of his iron grip.
“Stay still and it’ll hurt less.” He told her through gritted teeth.
Those single words did it as she was now thrashing.
“No!” She screamed as she tried to unpin her arms.
What he did next was far from what she expected.
An ear shattering scream escaped her mouth as he bit down into the flesh of her neck, quickly shedding blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Hate it? Tell me.