It all started with Earl Gray

It all started with Earl Gray (ch5)

'I can’t believe I just did that.’
I looked at myself in the rearview mirror and covered my face with my hands.
“Yes!” I screamed. “Yes! Yes! Yes!" I stomped my feet on the floor and quickly made my way home; tomorrow was going to be a great day.
I woke early before my alarm clock even went off and I quickly showered then got dress; all the while thinking of him. All night I would catch the faint smell of his hair; it seemed to linger on me. The sweetness; one I could never place. It was him.
I flew down the steps of my apartment, not stopping for anything until I reached my car, and then I jumped in and sped off down the road. My plan was now under way.
I finally came to a stop down the road from the book shop and waited. Waited for the door to open and for a tall, beautiful creature to start his day.
I didn’t have to wait long; soon Ville was standing outside, enjoying the early morning silence.
I just smiled and watched as he pulled out a broom and began sweeping away the mess left behind by the storm. He swayed and turned as he pushed the leaves and dirt into the street. To me, it was a beautiful dance - the way he held the broom, his long fingers curling around it. How he held his head down, his hair blocking his face, but for a split second when he would turn, the wind would catch it. My chest hurt. I wanted to hold him so badly.
I have had crushes on guys before, but never anything like this. I seriously felt an ache in my chest every second I had to watch him move, wanting, but unable to bring myself to touch him.
Every so often he would stop and look down the street towards the bar. He’d run his fingers through his hair or shake his head before continuing to sweep.
I waited for him to walk back inside before stepping from the car and making my way to the shop; a cup in each hand. I had stopped just to get something just for him. Something to make him smile. I paused just before I passed in front of the shop window and I could hear him moving around inside; hear him talking to himself. At that moment my courage slowly began to fail me.
What if he was mad at me for what I did last night? What if I had crossed the line when I pulled him into my arms?
I took a step back.
What if he doesn’t like me?
I took another step back and looked at the cups in my hands.
What if this was all wrong?
I slowly turned and started back to my car.
“Bam?”
I froze in my tracks, eyes wide as my heart leapt into my throat and slowly turned around.
“Bam!” He said with a smile. “What are you doing here?”
He smiled. That was a good sign.
“Oh… Hey, Ville.. I uh.. Here. I got this for you.” I held out one of the cups and smiled in return.
“For me?” He asked, taking the cup from my hand. “Really? What is it?”
“Oh you know...” I said, waving my hand about. “Vodka and orange juice; we need our vitamin C.”
I watched as he frowned and held the cup under his nose. He looked up at me and smiled before taking a sip. His eyes closed and he swallowed slowly and I couldn’t help but swallow along with him; watching his Adams apple move within the long column of his neck.
“Earl Gray.” He cooed taking another sip.
“Yeah.” I smiled, blushing slightly. “I wanted to thank you for last night.”
Ville blushed, tucking his hair behind his ears which was when I noticed he had no eyeliner around his beautiful jades. His eyes were still mesmerizing; such a soft green.
“Well I couldn't leave you standing out in the rain, now could I?”
“Actually you could have.” I smiled and took my first sip of Earl Gray. The scent filled my senses and I suddenly realized the sweet scent that followed him. He smelled of the tea; sweet and spicy. I savored the taste before swallowing, wondering if he tasted like it as well.
“So… What are you doing today? He asked, lightly running his fingers around the edge of his cup.
“Oh I got some stuff to do.” I shrugged and watched him look away. “But I’m yours if you want me.” Pausing I swallowed hard, shocked at what I just said.
Stupid Bam. Real smooth.
I watched him for any response, but he still gazed off down the street as if he didn’t hear me. I hoped maybe he hadn't.
“So you want to help me move some stuff around before you go do whatever it is you have to do?”
He turned and looked at me, eyes shining bright as his eyebrows slowly rose and he took another sip.
“Sure.” I nodded. “ Nothing better to do.”
He smiled and walked inside and I followed him like the love sick puppy I was.
Hours passed by quickly as we moved things around. We laughed at each others stupid jokes, teased and poked fun. I couldn’t get enough of his laugh, of his smile. It was like a drug and I was quickly addicted; wanting more... A bigger dose.
“So what do you want for lunch?” He called out from behind a book case.
I set the box of books down I was carrying and wiped the sweat from my eyes. “You buying?” I asked as I walked around the book shelf.
“Yeah, my treat.” He replied, watching me from his spot on the floor. His large eyes moved from my feet up. He had been eyeing me all day, just as much as I had been him and seeing him on his knees in front of me was almost too much to take.
“What sounds good?” he asked, looking me in the eyes.
If only I could really tell him what sounded good. My hand in your hair, your lips around my… Damn it Bam! Stop it!
“Whatever you want, just get two. I’m not picky.”

“Okay.” Ville said, taking a hold of my arm to help get off the floor.

God, he could touch me forever if he wanted to.

‘Stop it!’

“Can you stay here while I go get our lunch?” He asked while walking around the counter to grab his coat.

“I sure can!” I smiled.

He smiled back and headed out the door. No sooner had he vanished around the corner than I darted down the road and grabbed my toolbelt from my car and headed back with a smile on my face. My plan was in action. I told him I would fix the door and I intended to. I knew I wouldn’t have it done by the time he got back, but if I was in the middle of it he couldn’t stop me. Right?

I had just finished filing down the door so it wouldn’t stick when I heard him yell as he walked in the front door.

“Up here!” I yelled back; watching his shadow stretch across the floor as he got closer

“ \What are you doi-”

I looked down at him sheepishly, scratching the back of my head and smiled.

“Told you I would fix it.”

He smiled and shook his head. “You had this planned all along didn’t you?” he glared at me and tapped his foot. He was so cute trying to act mad at me.

“You got it, sexy!” I said laughing at his stern demeanor.

Both our eyes went wide at what had slipped from my mouth and he quickly looked away.

“I .. uh.. So I’m filing your door down so it wo-" I glanced over my shoulder at him as he slowly walked back down the steps. I had said the wrong thing. I knew it.

'Fuck. Way to go stupid.’ I said to myself, slumping down onto the steps. ‘You really fucked up now.’

I placed my head in my hands and pouted. Why couldn’t I just keep my big mouth shut?

“So you gonna come eat?”

I lifted my head and gazed at Ville through my hair. He was leaning back against the railing at the bottom of the steps; his face completely hidden by his hair. His arms were crossed as were his legs and he just stood there. Waiting.

Slowly I stood, keeping my eyes on him. He didn’t move as I walked down the steps and when I stopped in front of him his eyes opened and he looked like a cat about to pounce. I swallowed hard and slipped past him, feeling his eyes bore into me. I felt a chill run up my spine and quickly ducked behind the counter.

“So what did you get Ville?” I asked nervously as he sauntered over. Was it just me or was he swaying his hips a bit more?

I felt a throb between my legs as I watched him move around to sit across the counter from me. He looked a bit different. Like he knew something I didn’t and it put me on guard.

Not a word was spoken the whole time we ate and and he hardly looked at me. But that didn’t stop me from watching him, fawning over the way his delicate pink lips wrapped around the fork as he took little bites of his salad. How he held the fork so gently. I had to hold back a groan as his tongue darted out to lick the backside of his fork before he set it down and was finished.

“Bam you hardly ate anything.”

I blinked a few times and looked down at my salad. He was right; I had only taken a few bites.

“I really wasn’t that hungry.” I confessed, blushing slightly. “I’m going to go finish the door now.”

I quickly walked away, strapping my belt back on and headed to the stairs. What the fuck was I doing? Why couldn’t I just be normal around him? I leaned against the wall at the bottom of the steps, closing my eyes, letting my head fall back as I let out a loud sigh. I wish I could just tell him how I felt. That I fell for him the moment I saw him. How his laughter made me warm on the inside and that his smile lit up the world around me. And within his eyes I saw my life unfolding.

“Damn it.” I whimpered, slamming my fist against the wall. And that’s when I heard a small yelp.

My eyes shot open and I lifted my head from the wall. Ville stood before me as he leaned gently against the door frame, one arm wrapped around his small waist and the other tugging at the torn hem of his shirt. He looked so small and fragile as if he would break if I touched him. His lashes fluttered against his cheeks before his eyes opened and I lost myself.

I cleared my throat and smiled. “You need help with something Ville?” He just looked at me. Eyes searching.

He moved slowly, his eyes never leaving mine. One little unsure step at a time and soon he was close enough to feel his breath on my face.

“Ville?” I whispered, pressing my back against the wall to put a little more space between us.

He pulled his lip between his teeth and gave me the biggest doe eyes I had ever seen.

“Bam...” He said my name so softly I hardly heard it.

“Y-yes V-Ville?” I stammered, as my insides began to flutter and my palms began to sweat.

“I…” he looked away from me and started to turn around.

Quickly I grabbed his hand and pulled him to me again. Maybe it was the right thing to do. Maybe the wrong thing, but I didn’t care. I wanted to feel his warmth again; smell the sweetness of his hair, feel his skin.

I wrapped him tightly in my arms, smiling when he sighed and layed his head against my shoulder, wrapping his arms around my neck.

I felt his fingers curl into the hair at the back of my head and shuttered, feeling my chest tighten and my heart race.

“V-Ville… what’s wrong?” I asked, lightly running my hands over his back; desperately trying to keep myself from pushing him against the wall and kissing him breathless.

Slowly he lifted his head; he had such sorrow and doubt in his eyes that I couldn’t help what happened next.

My hand moved to his hair, gently brushing it back as I grazed my fingers against his cheek, cupping the side of his head. His eyes darted between mine as I pulled him closer. My thumb stroking his cheek before I pressed a light kiss to his lips then pulled back, letting my thumb brush where my lips had just been and smiled.

“What’s happening here?” I whispered, watching his cheeks flush as he kissed my thumb.

“I… I don’t know.” He replied softly before leaning in and pressing his lips to mine.

God they were so soft and warm; like the first rays of sun in spring. I pulled him closer, crushing him to me; plunging my tongue past his lips to taste more of him. I felt him tense and heard a small whimper rise from his throat. What was I doing?

I quickly released him and stared horrified into his eyes. “Oh Ville, I’m sorry. I... I didn’t mean to… “

He just gazed at me with the same look in his eyes.

“Shit. I gotta go.”

I didn’t stop to grab my coat I didn’t even say bye. I just walked out to my car and left.