Screaming Your Name Into the Night While Hiding Everything From Your Sight

Part 2

"CASSIDY SLOW DOWN!" Bella screamed in my ear from the backseat, Alice and I let out a small laugh as we cruised down the highway in my last birthday gift from Carlisle, a bright blue Lamborghini. "Isabella there is no way that we are going to crash, in case you have forgotten Alice can see the future and I can control minds" I reply with a smile as I turn around to look at her, taking my eyes off the road.

Within the hour we had arrived at Seattle, credit card in hand we began to scour the shops. Alice and Bella ran to the closet clothing shop, they had not realised that why they were looking through the latest winter fashions I had escaped their girlish screams and went to the nearest book and music store.

Scouring through the rock music something caught my eye, a black leather jacket that I knew so well. I continued what I was doing but the jacket got closer and closer, soon the owner of the jacket was standing in front of me. I slowly raised my now angry golden eyes to meet the soft amber ones of Edward, picking up two classical albums I headed towards the counter ignoring him as I did so.

As I stood in front of the counter waiting for my purchases I noticed that Edward was standing behind me once again, "That comes to $50 Miss" the young boy at the counter announced. I immediately began to search my pockets when I realised that Alice and Bella had Carlisle's credit card, "Damn Alice" I muttered. "Here, she is my sister I will pay for it" Edward says as he hands over the money, "Forget about it, I will come back later" I say as I ignore Edward's offer and leave the store.

"I was only being nice" a smooth voice says as I sit in the food court holding a cup of coffee, there is no need to turn to see who is sitting beside me there is only on person who it could be. "Classical, I see that your taste in music has not changed over time" he says as he hands me a bag of CD's, for moments we sat there in silence as his eyes moved over my body.

My eyes dart to the warm cup of coffee and realise how I would love to tip it down the front of Edward's pants and watch him squirm in pain, Edward let out a dry laugh as I realised that he was looking in my mind. "If that will make you talk to me again then I will let you cover me in boiling water" Edward says truthfully, a pang of guilt hits me as I slowly turn to him to see a small glint of tears in his eyes.

The pain in his eyes was heartbreaking; I never knew that he would still care for me after all the years, even if we hadn't spoken. Then suddenly I remembered all the pain that he had caused me over thirty years and immediately my heart went cold again, if he wanted the coffee he was going to get it. With one swift movement I stand up and tip the coffee down the front of his leather clad pants, a small smile moves across my lips.

Before he can retaliate I begin to head back to my car, an obvious look of disgust across my face. "Cassidy where did you disappear to?" Alice asks as I reach the car only to find that Bella and Alice are standing there with their hands full of various shopping bags, I shoot her an angry glance, and she knows exactly what happened. "Stupidity does not look good on you Alice" I spit as I take seat on the hood of my car, "Should I leave you two to talk?" Bella asks softly. "Yes" I say, "No" Alice contradicts me as she begins to pack the bags into my car.

"Stop it Alice, stop pretending as if everything will be alright" I yell as I slam a bag of clothing in the boot of the car, Alice's face become sullen as she continues to pack the day's purchases into the car. "I am sorry" Alice whispers as she takes a seat in the car, the ride home was silent as a grave, one happy little dysfunctional family.