A Symphony of ***ous Love

Part One

Part One:

His POV
I glanced around the room; fragile chinaware lay shattered into pieces on the rug.
A vase had been destroyed while the red roses were bent and dying, in the spill of the water.

I put my head in my hands; this wasn’t meant to happen. She shouldn’t have left this way.

Her POV
The chains were icy cold as I wrapped my hands around them tightly.
The park was deserted; like my heart was tonight.
I swung forward and back, remembering old times, when he’d stand behind and push me.

There was no one here to see me now; I let my hazel eyes release silent streams of tears.

His POV
The letter she wrote to me was now scattered around on the floor, in small ripped pieces.
I picked some up, and noticed her perfect writing:
I will call you mine forever. Love you always, Violet.
Oh, how short forever seemed to last.

Over on the velvet lounge lay the soft, delicate dress she had worn only hours before.
Nearby was the shirt I had removed beforehand; the one with the scent of cheap perfume.

Her POV
I shivered and pulled my coat around me tighter. Underneath I wore nothing except my lingerie.
I trusted him beyond anything – beyond anyone.
I wished life had an edit button.
The screaming, the yelling, the crying – it all replayed over and over in my mind.
I stood up from the swing, and sat on the cold layer of snow.
With a twig in my hand, I began drawing and writing through the white of the snow.
“Oliver, what have you done?” I whispered, to no one.

His POV
I hadn’t noticed it before – I suppose I was too angry to realise.
There, on a small table, was her engagement ring.
“Violet, what have I done?”
I could never forgive myself – she would never forgive me.
I didn’t deserve her.

Her POV
He had been in my life for so long; my future had always included him.
Why did this have to happen like this?
Although I had given back his ring, I felt the silver necklace around my throat.
I carefully undid the chain and dropped it onto the snow.
Slowly, and with a sickening feel of dread, I walked back to the place I’d no longer call home.

His POV
There was a soft knock at the door, so I trudged to answer it.
“Violet…” I mumbled with uncertainty; her pastel blonde hair had flakes of snow, and her face was extremely pale.
“Please Oliver… This is not the time for conversation. I just came to collect my belongings, and leave,” she explained quietly, but brashly.
I nodded miserably and let her in – there was no point arguing, again.
She took her long, dull coat off and revealed her perfectly soft skin.
It seemed an eternity ago since I kissed her lips and held her body in my arms.
I glanced at my watch to distract myself from staring at her; it was twenty minutes past one.
“It’s too late for you to go anywhere now,” I told her, as she finished zipping her dress up.
“I don’t care. Don’t pretend you’re worried,” Violet spat at me, not bothering to hide the resentment in her voice.

Her POV
If I had listened to my parents, I wouldn’t have been in this mess.
I wouldn’t be fighting a war in my head right now.
“Can’t we talk this over like civilised adults?” Oliver pleaded. I shook my head quickly.
“Why are you using plurals? I believe there’s only one civilised adult in this room, and it’s not you.”
“Vi, please. I’m begging you. You have no idea how much this is killing me.”
“And again with the conceitedness. Oliver, imagine how much this is killing me. Just put yourself in my shoes for once in your life. You think I want to do this to you? You think I wanted this to happen? Then you obviously don’t know me like you thought you did,” I told him.
I wasn’t angry anymore. I was distraught.
I couldn’t believe this was happening. I thought I meant more to him than this.
I collected majority of my belongings, and threw them into a brown box.

His POV
She took an elastic band out of her purse, and tied her hair back off her beautiful face.
Violet picked up the box of her belongings, took one last glance at me, and walked out onto the sidewalk – tears falling freely from her beautiful eyes.
The days of naivety and spontaneous decisions were lost.

I wished this wasn’t the end. I didn’t want it to end; not so soon.
Of course, I was selfish. This was my fault.
I monitored my breathing – deep breath in, deep breath out.
I let a single tear fall from my eye. This was the end.