A Story About a Man

Chapter Three: The Night The Girl Became a Woman

Let’s talk a bit about the love of my life, Heather. I can’t remember how long it has been since she broke up with me, actually I don’t care about that cheap girl anymore, I got other problems to care about than a broken heart, and besides, I have plenty of women… That’s all I need right?
Who am I kidding? I’ll never forget her and I’ll never forget the day she dumped me. And I’ll never forget that day either. When she first broke up with me, I was both mad and extremely sad at the same time. I didn’t know what to do about myself or others. It was not so much the fact that she broke up with me but the way she did it. We had been together at school that day and we had had fun like we used to have when we were together, and once school were over and I had some sports to do, we parted with a kiss, as always. I went to practice and I saw her there that day. She looked kinda sad but I didn’t really have time to ask her if something was wrong, before she had already left. I decided to call her once I got home since I forgot my cell there and. Do you know that feeling where you know something bad is gonna happen but you don’t know what or when, but you just know its gonna happen? I had had it like that all that day. As I got home I saw a letter on my floor. My parents hadn’t returned from their work yet and Sam was at Elizabeth’s place, so I was all alone for at least a couple of hours. I picked the letter up and saw my name on it. It was Heathers handwriting. My heart just skipped a beat as the feeling I had had all day got worse. Why was I nervous? Maybe it was a poem or something. Yeah, it had to be. I just dropped my bag in my room staring at the letter all the way there. My room were on the first floor and the trip up there seemed longer than usual and the stairs made more noise than ever before. I dumped down on my bed and just sat there for several minutes. I didn’t dare to open that envelope. I wanted to know what were inside, but then again I didn’t. When I finaly opened it I had been home for an hour or so, yeah I sat there for so long, and the words in the letter were unbearable. few but unbearable.

]Dear Patrick…
I really love you… I really do… These where the words I told myself this
Morning when I got out of bed and had to make this decision .I don’t like
to do this to you and I really can’t see your face once you get
This message and that is why I give you this letter… I’m sorry if it’s a bit
wet but I’m crying my heart out… I have to break up with you Patrick…
I have found another guy that really loves me too and I love him… I guess
my feelings for you just died… This guy is really sweet and gentle and…


…Last night he made me a woman…