Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

11

I gazed into the tired expression of Danyelle as the pale moon illuminated her face. Her bright blue eyes widened in shock,

"W-What?" she stuttered.

I let out a slow defeated sigh,

"I said that you have a deal. I'll train Vic to become a stronger vampire but I need-" Before I could even finish, Danyelle threw herself at me. Her arms tied themselves around the back of my head as her left shoulder pressed against my throat.

"THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!" She exclaimed as her choke hold sucking away my breath.

"D-Dany…elle… I ….. c-can't …. Breath," I wheezed. When she finally released me I greedily sucked in the fresh cold night.

She took a few steps backwards, giving me a questionable look. I stood up straight and gazed back at my friend. She was wearing an oversized black T-shirt that I believe was Vic's or maybe even her dad's.

"What are you planning?" She asked.

I spoke to her in a soft whisper, "Maybe we should get Vic first."

Danyelle placed her hands on her tiny waist, gave me a serious look then motioned me into her home. I stepped in and surprisingly the house looked so much…much…spookier than in the morning. All the lights were off and it gave me this depressing feeling in the pit of my stomach. I waited for the front door to close before I turned around. Danyelle walked past me and into the kitchen, I followed behind her keeping my steps soft. It wasn’t until we entered the kitchen that I realized…. It was a complete mess! There were dirty dishes and scrapes of moldy old food tossed around the floor. She pulled out a chair from the table and sat down. I stepped over a week old piece of pizza and pulled out a chair. I saw a mouse scurry across the table and fell off the chair.

"Sorry about the mess, Vic and I just haven't really cleaned up anything since….," she paused for a long time then flicked her wrist as if to push away her unfinished sentence. "So let’s get straight to the point. Why did you change your mind?"

I stiffened slightly in my seat. I didn’t really want Danyelle to know why I had changed my mind because I felt as if the less she knew about it the safer she would be. “I think Vic should be down here to hear this too.”

She picked absently at her nails. “Well I want you to tell me everything before we get Vic up. I know he hasn’t exactly warmed up to you yet, and until he does he won’t even give you the time of day. That means that I am your only shot at winning him over. Don’t get me wrong though because I am grateful that you are going to help Vic out, but I also know that there’s another angle.” She focused her attention back on me. “So spill.”

I recalled Vic slashing my car tires and decided that she was right. I wasn’t Vic’s favorite person at the moment and she was his sister so she would be able to persuade him one way or another. I still didn’t like involving Danyelle in this but obviously I wasn’t given much of a choice.

“Do you remember earlier today when we were talking about rouge vampires?” She nodded. “I told you that I couldn’t train Vic because it was against the law that was established by our new ruler. My kind’s government is different than your human one, for example our leaders are not elected into power but born into it. The Abelardus family has proven time and time again that they are the strongest among our race, so they were naturally chosen to lead my people. The family has always been strict and just in their reign, but that all changed when the King passed away. His only son, Prince Winden took over the thrown after his father’s passing. It seemed to happen overnight how quickly everything changed. After his coronation Winden’s first order was to exterminate all rouge’s and Halflings.”

“What’s a Halfling?”

“It’s a human-vampire hybrid.”

“You can make those?” She questioned.

“Well yeah. Think of a vampire as a human only more evolved.”

“I think Vic might be the exception to the rule.”

“Why do you say that?”

She crossed her arms together. “He’s retarded. Oh and before I forget. What’s a Rouge vampire?”

“It’s a human that was turned into a vampire. Anyway, there were a lot of vampires who refused to follow this new law and even took their displeasure to the Prince. They were the first to die. He killed anyone who didn’t follow his orders and sometimes he would just go on random killing sprees, and murder his own kind. His stories of torture are known all around the world and they have become more frequent. He is the physical embodiment of evil.”

“What the hell girl? Are your people stupid? Why don’t you just give his ass the boot?” She questioned.

I let out a sigh as I shook my head. “It’s complicated. We’ve been following their family for generations. I don’t think any other clan would be able to rule over everyone else. Not to mention the fact that Winden would never step down from his throne. The guy likes power and control too much.”

She shrugged her shoulders. “Then just kill him. Not to sound like my brother or anything, but guys are vampires.”

I wasn’t hurt or shocked at what she had said because she was just speaking bluntly. “It’s not that simple. Despite the fact that most vampires can’t stand to be ruled by him, we are also afraid of him. Sure, we could over power him in numbers if he was alone but he’s not. He has his own little personal army that he keeps close by.”

Danyelle looked at me. I mean really looked at me. Her brows were drawn and her nails tapped onto the table top in rhythm. “There is something that you haven’t told me yet.”

I let out a deep sigh as I ran my hand through my hair. I stared back into her serious eyes. I had never seen them like this before. She always seemed to be the happy child; like nothing in the world had every cased this girl to frown. Right now however, this expression seemed right on her; an expression that had been used countless times before. I broke our gaze and looked up at the ceiling instead.

“I’m engaged to him.”

Her chair screeched across the floor before it fell backwards from the momentum. “What?”

My eyes focused on a green glob that had found its way onto the ceiling. “Yep, he came by my house before I left for the dance. He said he had something important to ask my parents. I knew something was up then but I didn’t think it a marriage proposal. My parents of course couldn’t refuses his request-

Her hands slammed against the table, snapping my focus back onto her. “So, your parents are just going to give you to this asshole?”

“It’s not like they had a choice Danyelle. He would have killed them and taken me regardless of what they decided. Heck he could have even killed me in front of them just to spite them.”

Danyelle knocked a pizza box off the table then dragged her hand down her face. “Well what are you going to do now?”

I stood up from my chair and walked over closer to her before leaning my hip against the table. I wanted to be able to watch how she reacted to what I was about to say. “My offer is that if I train Vic to be a better vampire than he has to kill Winden.”

Her expression was very controlled as she took everything in. “How is he supposed to kill a vampire?”

“Well for some reason rouge vampires have the capability of becoming stronger than a pure vampire.”

Her eyebrow rose at the comment. “Really?”

I nodded. “They are supposed to be more in tune with their natural instincts or something.”

She leaned against the table next to me as she soaked up the information. “What about Winden’s groupies?”

“Victor wouldn’t even break a sweat at taking them out. Hell I could even take a few out.”

She nodded. “So basically you want Vic to crumple your government into the ground. What would you all do after that?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Who knows?”

A moment of silence drifted over us, until she pushed herself away from the table and faced me. "Okay, when do you plan on starting?"

I hadn't realized that I was holding in my breath until then. "Well, my wedding is in May, and I have a lot to teach him in the short time we have left so…. Right now would be good."

She looked surprised but didn't argue, instead she asked.

"So how do you plan on waking up sleeping beauty?"

I gave her a devilish smile; she let out a sigh. After scanning the room she went over and dug something up from under a broken trash bag. She then made her way out of the kitchen and up the stairs with a frying pan in her hands. In the far distance I heard a door slam open and then Danyelle slamming the pan against the wall.

"VIC! Wake UP!" Danyelle screamed. I heard a thump hit the floor,

Most likely Vic falling out of bed.

Ha-ha,

Then the banging stopped. I could hear the glass crashing against the floor and a lot of stomping. I smiled at myself when I heard the door slam shut and a dead bolt slide into place. It was then that I stood up and skipped my way up the stairs,

This should be fun.

Seconds later I was standing above a defeated Danyelle. In her hands she held the mashed up piece of metal which used to be the frying pan. Seeing as how she was being overemotional about the frying pan I thought that maybe I should make an overdramatic entrance. The first thing I did was make sure that she was far enough away from the door before I smashed my fist against it. It made a huge cracking sound as the actual door came away from its frame. Danyelle cursed at the sound as she quickly covered her ears. I walked over the fallen door and into the dark room. I felt my face heat up when I saw Vic standing next to his bed in nothing but his boxers,

Oh, yeah! I was right… he does have a six pack! Not that I was looking or anything

Yeah right! He's three feet in front of you how could you miss?!

His eyes were already blood red and his fangs were pushed out of his mouth. He sprinted towards me; trying to attack but I dodged it with ease. Then swinging my fist back I quickly hit the back of his neck. He fell to the floor with a thump. I shook my head.

"Get dressed pretty boy, we got a lot of work to do." I walked out of the room dragging Danyelle behind me, as we walked down the stairs. I led her into the living room, which was surprisingly cozy.

It had this big cream colored couch with green and black striped pillows. The walls were painted green with other black and green furniture. There was a large plasma T.V in the wall with different paintings around it. Danyelle sank into this black leather couch and I squeezed in next to her. She rested her head against my shoulder and yawned. I looked down at my wrist watch and read 4:20 a.m.
Wow! No wonder why she's so tired.

I gave her ten minutes to rest before I asked, "Dee, I know you’re tired and everything but I was kind of hoping that you would come with us.”

Her head shot up, "YES!" She exclaimed.

I snorted at her sudden energy. Actually I was really relieved that she would be coming with us, because it would be easier to train Victor. With her around he seemed to be on the best behavior, I assumed it was because they were siblings and that is just how family acted around each other. I was an only child so I really didn’t know.

Vic walked into the room wearing one of his death glares again. I was getting used to the fact that he didn’t like me, so I just shrugged it off. I pulled away from Danyelle's couch and started to walk towards the door. “Don’t you need to tell your parents where you’re going before we leave?”

A growl crackled through the air as I spun around to see Vic in a crouched position. Danyelle walked up behind him and smacked the back of his head. She then turned innocently towards me. “They aren’t here.”

I shrugged my shoulders despite the fact that I felt as if I was missing something big. I didn’t ask any more questions as I opened the front door. Once the cold morning air hit my face I smiled wickedly and took the first step towards my Jag that I had driven here.

Vic and Danyelle slowly walked out of the house to see me next to my Jaguar. I unlocked the doors and stared at them. Danyelle's eyes were huge and Vic's mouth was hanging open. I made my eyes give off an evil glint as I glare at him.

"See What I Have To Drive NOW!" I watched as Danyelle's facial expression looked worried, and Vic's turned confused. "After you trashed my school car I only had this one left to drive. Do you know how weird it is driving this thing around? I went to the gas station and people wanted to get pictures of it. Don’t even get me started on the new interior because it’s stiff and smells weird! Damn it I miss my worn in seats.” I yelled.

I giggled to myself as I opened the driver door and got into the car. Danyelle yelled “shotgun” and ran to the passenger's door. When she got in she looked at me watching Vic, she curiously glanced in his direction. When she saw his expression she burst out laughing. Vic had this innocent little boy look on his face, with his eyes wide and his mouth dangling open, but it was just so cute! Vic's face quickly turned back to ' I’ll kill you.' look. He climbed into the back and I pulled out of the driveway. As I drove Danyelle filled Vic in on the whole 'arranged marriage thing'.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for your comments and messages I really do love hearing from you so don'y forget to tell me what you think!! :)