Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

13

***Later On***

"11,101…11,102…11,103 come on Vic my grandma can do a lot better than that, and she's only got one leg!" As you can see I had won our little wager. I was now sitting on Vic's back as he came up from another wobbly push up. Right now we were focusing on building up his strength.

"Well….*huff* she probably didn't have a heifer on her back!" He mumbled.
I whacked him upside the head.

"Well I never heard such a… Oh Great! Now you’ve made me lose count, start over, 1…2…" I instructed. After about 22,230 push-ups I gave him a jump rope and told him to hop like the little school girl he was. I waited until he stared to jump before I disappeared into the fog. I made my way back to his house and broke into his mustang. He wasn’t going to be able to walk once I was finished with him. Since Danyelle had my car I figured he would understand me taking his. I steered down at the stick shift. I hated his car.

Vic's POV

I was jumping rope like a little school girl which made me feel ridicules! Now I could have stop at any moment if I chose because the vampire had vanished. Yet, I had this nagging feeling that she wasn’t really gone. Maybe she was actually somewhere in the forest, hiding.

"How does jump rope, help me become a better vampire?!" I yelled out into the empty terrain. I paused then let out a long sigh and started to stop jumping. Obviously she was really gone.

"Less talk more jump!" She demanded out of the nearby thicket.

Damn her! She's watching me every minute! She A STALKER!

I cursed under my breath. When she appeared out of the thicket in front of me she was just a blur. I amused at first that it was just because of the fog but then I started to feel dizzy. I shook the dizziness away and continued to jump even though my legs and arms were burning. She stood directly in front of me, looking into my eyes. Her gaze just made my blood boil and with my new refueled anger my energy just seemed to come back tenfold. I started to jump higher, and spin the rope faster. Soon I was spinning it twenty times for every jump.

The vampire was now smiling, she than told me to stop. I stopped in one smooth motion and dropped the rope on the ground. The vampire called to me with one flick of her wrist as she went deeper into the foggy forest. I followed closely behind her hoping to annoy her out on some level. After a few yards she suddenly stopped and I almost ran into her back.

She than pointed to a large tree and told me to climb it without using the tree branches for leverage. I stared at her like she was crazy. She laughed and walked over to the tree. She placed her palms against the trunk and kicked off her shoes. With her bare hands and feet she started to scale the tree like a spider. I couldn’t help but watch in amazement as she easily climbed fifty feet. I could hear her rich laugh echo through the forest as she brought her feet up higher on the tree and did a back flip. As if it was even possible she slowly fell back down to the ground and landed gracefully. She signaled me over to the same tree and told me too look closely at the trunk.

I did as she asked and leaned in for a closer look. I saw tiny holes ground into the trunk and wood chips on the ground. She had dug her nails into the tree to climb it. I brought my own hands up to the holes.

“This is just one of the many things a vampire can do. By controlling your strength you can embed your nails into any surface and scale it.”

I pulled my hand back then struck the tree. With a loud crack my entire forearm was buried in its trunk. I gave a lopsided grin and yanked it back out. Amazed by my own strength I looked over my arm. Astonishingly enough not even a single splinter had scratched itself into my skin. I opened my hand into a claw like shape and this time I dug only my fingertips into the bark.

Excited about this new ability I quickly kicked off my shoes and without a moment’s hesitation I started to climb. I scaled the tree, higher and higher until I was above the endless fog and the vampire below wasn’t even visible to my keen eyes. I laughed silently to myself as I went higher, went faster. A child’s joy filled my entire being until I reached the top of the tree in awe. I could feel pride coursing through my veins as I found my way over to a limb. After I found my balance, I had no difficulty positioning myself in the middle of the limb. Being a vampire did seem to have its perks. I thought as I stared at the landscape. The trees of this forest were endless; every inch of the ground was covered in its lively green. The orange and yellow sky enhanced the lands beauty by cascading its color onto the tree tops. The pureness of the place wasn’t interrupted by the sounds of honking cars or large black clouds from factories. No this place was filled with the dying down tune of birds chirping and the light whistle of the wind. I watched as the sun started to set, everything was just perfect.

“Beautiful, right?” I turned my head slightly and glared at the vampire who had ruined my bliss, but she wasn’t looking at me. Instead she was looking at the incredible view. “My mom used to take me up here when I was little.” She laughed quietly to herself at the memory. “It all seems so childish now but back then I believed that heaven would look just like this.”

I looked back at the perfect picture. To me it didn’t look like someone could create something as magical as this but then again I didn’t believe that vampires could exists either so I guess I should have an open mind. She came and took a seat next to me as I stood and together we watched the setting sun. I hated vampires with every fiber of my being and no one could blame me for it after all the pain that they had caused Danyelle and I, but at that moment I snuck a glace over to her. For the first time I thought back to when I had first laid eyes on her. She looked so beautiful and untouchable that I couldn’t even usher out a single word when my sister had introduced us. As I looked at her now I found myself still captivated by her. Every time she let out a sigh or brushed back a lock of her hair I could feel my heart beating. It made me feel human.

I shook my head. I had to keep on my toes around her. As long as I kept telling myself that she was a blood sucking vampire I would hopefully be unaffected by her charm. Darkness fell over our piece of paradise and by then I had convinced myself that she was a monster again. However the memory of this moment would stain itself into my mind forever.

“Alright,” She said as she lifted herself in a standing position “Let’s finish up before we head back.”

I didn’t want her to think that I had enjoyed our time spent together so I unwittingly huffed, “About damn time.”

She looked over at me with a disappointed look in her eyes. She quickly masked in however and smirked as she looked downwards. “Have fun getting down.” Then she jumped.

“Ah Fuck!” I cursed as I followed after her.

When I had finally reached the ground the stupid vampire put me back on the damn jump rope. I was midway through my finial jump when without warning my vision began to blur. The shifting shapes and colors was too much for my mind to handle. I started getting sick from the rocking shapes. The jump rope was the last thing on my mind as it just seemed to slip out of my hands.

I don’t remember the ground being this close.

The air from my chest whooshed out from the impacted. My eyes started to feel really heavy and my ears were ringing as a fucking drum line played in my head. I could barely hear someone yelling my name until I felt a soft hand slip behind my head, lifting it higher up. I struggled to open my eyes and when I did I saw a very scared and very worried vampire. Before I could even utter out a syllable I was swimming in a black pool.

Vanessa's POV

His face was beaded with sweat and his breathing slowly became steady as he drifted off. I pulled him up into my lap and moved stray hairs away from his face, slowly tucking them behind his ear. Very carefully I ripped off a piece of my sleeve and started to dab it on his forehead. He moaned and squirmed in my arms.

What could be causing him so much pain, had I pushed him too hard in training? I started to wonder about all of the possibilities and only came back to one conclusion…

When Vic's eyes shot open it scared the living crap out of me but as fast as they had opened they quickly closed again and he fell back into a fit-less sleep. I dragged him into his car and laid him down on the back seats. I thanked myself for going back and getting his car earlier. After laying him down I crawled into the front and hit the gas. I felt frightened by what was happening to Vic. Vampire’s didn’t normally get sick so our predicament puzzled me beyond belief. I looked back at his clammy complexion. If I didn't figure out what was happening to him soon, I would be in a big trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all the wonderful comment I'm glad that you all enjoy it!! Hopefully I will have another one done by tomorrow so please enjoy! :D