Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

16

“What do you mean you don’t remember?”

She ran her fingers through her hair then let out a long tired sigh. “I mean exactly that. I have no memory of what happened the night Vic was turned.”

Danyelle walked away from the window and started to move to the living room. It was getting really late and I knew that Danyelle was tired but my gut told me that I needed to find out what had happened. Besides I had agreed to train Vic, so I needed exactly what I was getting myself into.

“How can that even be possible? You can’t forget something that huge Danyelle.”

She sat down on one of the couches and rested her head on the back of the chair. Defeated she looked over to me and patted the cushion next to her. I took a seat next to her and held her hand. “Danyelle, you can’t keep me in the dark on this.”

Her eyes became tearful as she nodded. “I know.” She took a deep breath and then looked away from me. Her eyes became more distant as she recalled the night. “We used to go out every Thursday night to dinner because it was the only night my dad had off work. Dad was a huge fan of classic muscle cars and had recently bought a 1958 Chevrolet Impala convertible. So Vic and I kind of made up family night so that we could get a ride in it. We would always try to stay in that car as long as possible so we would give dad wrong directions or make him take the long way home.” She stopped for a moment at the memory and smiled. A single tear ran down her face and she let it drip onto her shirt before she wiped what remained away. “I had convinced dad to take that one mountain route back home, you know the one that twists and turns with the land, he almost said no but then mom convinced him too because it was family night. I was so excited that I unhooked my seat belt and sat up on the seat with my hands in the air. Vic started yelling at me to put my seat belt back on and then out of nowhere something hit the windshield of the car. Dad spun out of control down the mountain and I was tossed from the car. I knocked my head on something and blacked out. The next thing I knew I woke up on the front porch covered in blood with no memory of what had happened or how I had gotten there. Automatically I ran inside and started calling out for my family. No one answered.”

“But what about Vic?” I interrupted.

She looked over at me. “Vic came home the next day. I didn’t even recognize him at first because he was covered from head to toe in blood and dirt. When I looked into his eyes I saw they were blood red and knew that it wasn’t Vic. I started throwing things at him and running around the house like a maniac, but Vic didn’t chase after me or even try talking to me, he simply walked right by me and went to his room. He didn’t come out for a long time.”

“What about your parents?”

Her hands clenched at the question. I could see the tears gather in her eyes but she shook her head and fought to keep them back. “My parents died that night.”

I froze at the word. Died? No that couldn’t be true her parents weren’t dead. I thought back and suddenly everything made sense. The reason why she would quickly change topics whenever I asked her about her parents, when I had asked her if her parents minded her being out late she had said that they weren’t home, the lack of cars in the driveway, and even the dirty kitchen. They were all huge ass clue and I had misread them all. When I thought about all of that I felt stupid. I should have realized that her parents were… dead.

“Danyelle I am…I’m so so-

“Don’t worry about it.” She leaned back against the couch tossing her head back and pinching the bridge of her nose. “You said that you needed to know everything, well that’s all I know. Vic won’t even tell me what happened to mom and dad, so good luck getting the rest of the story out of him.”

“Why won’t he tell you?”

“He says that something’s are better left unknown. Personally I don’t think I would be able to handle hearing the details of their deaths so for now I’m content with saying they died in the crash.”

If my parents died like that I would want to know everything detail no matter how horrid it was.

I bit my lower lip to keep that little thought contained. Everybody had their own way of dealing with a loss and Danyelle was no exception. Maybe one day she would ask Vic how their parents died, but to do so or not was her choice. So I would respect her wishes and ask Vic later about the night she was turned.

There was movement in the bed upstairs and I knew that Vic had woken up. I let out a sigh and got up from the couch. Even though Vic drank some blood it didn’t mean that he was out of danger just yet. He still needed to drink the rest of the first bottle as well as the other one that I had brought. I picked myself up off the couch and prepared myself for the fight that was about to happen. Danyelle got up as well and touched my shoulder. She gave me a lopsided smile.

“I’ll help you.”

I didn’t even question her on what she was talking about. She knew that after I told her everything about Vic being a vampire that she would have to step up to the plate and be prepared for anything. But she looked so tired and worn out. Although I would appreciate the assistance I couldn’t let her help. She had done enough for one day.

“No Danyelle you need your rest.”

She glared at me. Her eyes seemed to morph with her mood and I could see how the resemblance with her and her brother. When she got mad her eyes mirrored her brother and became that icy color that I had grown to love.

“You and my brother made a deal. He’s the only family I have left so I’m going to help whether you guys like it or not. I’m not running away from him when he needs me.”

Arguing with her would be pointless. Once she had set her mind on something she was going to stick with it.

“Fine, but don’t give me any trouble.”

She smiled at that. “Trouble? I’ve never even heard of it.”

I rolled my eyes and thought about how I was going to get Vic to drink the rest of the blood.

Vic's POV

My head rang and my vision was blurry when I woke up. It felt like the worst hangover in history and my fucking mouth was killing me. I weakly raised my hand to my lips to find my fangs pushed out. I attempted to pull then back in… didn't work. I tried to force them back in with my hand and well, my damn hand slipped and ended up punching me in the nose. Now my nose hurt and I was frustrated, I picked up my pillow off my bed and threw it at my lamp. The lamp fell to the floor in pieces making a loud crashing sound. It was then that I noticed Danyelle's little vampire friend leaning against my door frame with a disappointed look plastered on her pale face. I was about to jump up and ask her why the hell she was in my room, when I noticed what she was holding. In her hands was a wine bottle.

Is she trying to get me drunk or something?

I cringed at the thought. I had never liked the taste of alcohol before and I was positive that I wouldn’t like whatever was in that bottle either. Even though I wasn’t a drinking didn’t mean that I was going to tell her that. I didn’t want to look like a wuss. So I thought of a way to disgust her and avoid the problem altogether. I lifted up my right arm and sniffed. Smiling at the stench of my own shirt I striped myself of it and tossed it in the vampires face. She shrieked and smacked it off her face, throwing it into my over flowing closet of goodies.

Wow, would you look at that your stench is like vampire repellent.

While she was distracted I snuck past her into the hallway and started to run. I didn’t see Danyelle and almost knocked her over.

"Sorry Dee, can't talk right now-"

I stopped mid-sentence when I saw the serious expression on her face as she held up an uncorked wine bottle.

My own sister has turned against me… what the hell!

I was about to push her out of my way when I smelt it. I looked at the bottle in horror. The bottle was filled with blood.

"Vanessa told me that you need to drink this." She lifted it up higher as her eyes wavered from the bottle to my face.

My throat tightened at the thoughts of its continents. I pushed my nails into the palm of my hand until they bled and then I took a deep breath as I spoke.

"I don't need it."

"But Van-"

"I'm telling you I don't need it!" I said through gridded teeth.

"Oh you're drinking it even if I have to force it down your throat." She yelled playfully trying to lighten the situation.

I hide a smile as I whined, "Never," than ran into the bathroom.

I quickly slammed the door behind me to find that the lock was missing… not just the lock but the entire door handle was gone!

Ha-ha Danyelle knew your next move!

Obviously a closed door wasn't going to keep Danyelle out of the bathroom and me away from that cursed blood. I rubbed my hands against my throbbing skull trying to concentrate, when it hit me.

I smirk and put my plan into action.

Danyelle's POV

I was slamming my body repeatedly against the bathroom door trying as hard as I could to open it. But no, Vic had to be a stubborn jackass and wouldn't let me in.

"Vic, open the door!" I screamed. When there was no response I backed away from the door. I was preparing myself to ram into it again when suddenly the door was thrown open and I was blinded. I felt a soft fabric land on my face; I peeled it off as Vic screamed from the open door.

"Don't come in here I'm naked!" Then slammed it shut.

I looked down into my hand and saw his smelly pants and boxers that he hadn't change in god knows when. I dropped them like a bag of burning coals and shrieked.

Ahhh! My hands they burn!

Knowing that I wouldn't be able to get into the bathroom with Vic…. exposed like that I traveled to his 'chamber of darkness' and placed the bottle on the coffin's lid. Then did what little sister's do best, I told on him.

Vic's POV

I was looking in the mirror totally horrified at what was staring back. It had my pale face, blue eyes and even a twelve o'clock shadow.

Aw, you seem so manly.

Yet when it came to my hair, it was like a giant puff ball of black fuzz!

Yes finally, the body I've always dreamed having for my hair!

I smashed my fist against the mirror breaking it into a bunch of tiny pieces. Small shards sliced my fist and blood slowly seeped out. The sweet smell of even my own blood got me worked up even more. My eyebrows flexed downward as I stomped my way back to the shower. By picking up my bottle of shampoo I was able to sniff the open lid. It was my shampoo bottle alright but it was Danyelle's damn shampoo inside!

Someone had switched it!

Give the boy a treat! Now maybe it was Danyelle… no wait she's not that sneaky, or smart for the matter, so it had to be someone else. Someone who's been in the bathroom before…

My nostrils flared as I dashed out of the bathroom.

She is so dead.

Then I screamed.

Vanessa's POV

"DAMN VAMPIRE!" Vic howled.

Oh bloody hell.

It was her idea!

We're the same person you dope!

He rocketed down the flight of stairs with nothing but a pair of thrown on jeans and red eyes. My cheeks flared at the sight of his exposed chest. Water droplets still clung to his tight torso as he hopped over the rail of the staircase and yelled.

"Look at what you did!" He then indicated his hair with one of his long perfectly pale fingers. Danyelle snickered behind him.

"What's wrong with it? It looks so cute!" She said as she got up from the nearby couch and skipped up to Vic to tassel his newly formed hair. She took a quick sniff of the air around him, and her eyes widened. "Oh my god it smells good too!"

He gave her an evil stare as he swatted her hand away from his hair, and then took a few steps closer to me. My heart was hammering against my chest so hard I thought he would be able to see it beating through my shirt.

Yeah just think where his eyes would have to be to see that.

Wait how comes he never looks there?

Maybe he's gay.

Oh God I might die!

I know it would be such a waste.

Wait why do I even care if he's gay or not?



I cracked a smile as his glare returned to me.

"Are you gay?" I asked. As soon as the words left my mouth my face felt as if it was on fire.

"W-What?" He asked surprised.

Danyelle fell to the floor laughing.

I couldn't believe I had just said that! Thank goodness Vis wasn't looking at me anymore. His gaze was at his sister, who was rolling around on the floor holding her side. I was really thankful of the distraction because it gave my face time to cool down. When Vic looked back at me my face had returned to its regular cold pale color.

Danyelle raised herself off the floor and gripped Vic's forearm for balance, because she was still laughing.

"Man mom would have loved it if you really did turn out to be gay. Remember how she always said that high school girls were heartless bitches with no morals?" Danyelle asked in between sort chuckles.

Vic smiled lightly. "Yeah but she stopped telling me that when you got into high school. So she said it was alright if I dated your best friends, but all of your friends are weird or..."

He looked back at me and mouthed the words. 'Freaks'

“At least they didn’t walk around with ambiguous smelling shampoo,” Danyelle screeched with laughter.

He snorted out a laugh, I mean he actually laughed. What was even more surprising about it was that it suited him.

"Just you wait little vampire, I'll get you back one way or another for this." He pointed to his hair then stormed back up the stairs.

"If you even think about taking your anger out on my car I swear I'll make sure you'll never have kids!" I yelled after him.

He cursed slightly as he continued to his current destination. Obviously I had just ruined his sweet revenge... for the moment, but there was no doubt in my mind that he wouldn't get back at me. The question was how he was planning on getting it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all of your feedback. I hope that everyone is having a lot of fun for the four of july!! I know i will. Thanks for reading i hope that you all enjoyed it. I thought that it was a good idea to give Danyelle and Vic's Parents a cool oldies car since i gave Vic a mustang. It's definatly something that they could have bonded over right?

Image

Boom! the beautiful car!!