Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

20

Vic’s POV

"Vic…" A chilling ghostly voice whispered. My hand tightened into a fist as I swung wildly in the direction of the voice. My hand sliced through the air with a quiet whistle and hit… nothing. Nothing again but this god forsaken fog!

I heard a joyous giggle and swung in its direction. My fist came into contacted with something hard and I smiled as I heard the cracking sound of bones. My insides were jumping with joy as the fog began to clear. When the sheet of gray had vanished I saw a broken tree laying in pieces on the moist ground. I growled in frustration when I realized that my little vampire had deluded me again. I screamed out my frustration in as many curse words as possible as I smashed down another tree.

"Your quick temper will be your down fall," the ghost whispered. In response my fist connected with yet another tree. "You need to find a way to control your anger. You'll never get anywhere in battle if you’re not focused."

Even though she was trying to give me helpful advice I just brushed it off like all her other comments. It wasn’t that I was mad at her or anything it was this damn fog was really testing my patients. I couldn’t see a damn thing and every time I missed a hit I felt as if I wasn’t making any progress. I tried listening more carefully to pinpoint where my target might be and came up short handed.

I've been at this thing for a whole five hours and still I haven't caught her!

I bumped into a thick oak tree and literally went crazy! I started mowing down trees with my fists until her soft whispers were lost in the wind. There in the new clearing I had just made I sat. This childish game of predator and prey had really gotten to me. I guess running into tree's all day had made me a little crazy. I realized that maybe I had gone a little overboard. I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes. Slowly I started to feel calmer and clear headed. With both of those I was able to think straight. Obviously I couldn’t find her or even track her down in this fog. I was completely out of my element here, but she on the other hand seemed to know exactly where I was at any given moment. So she had the upper hand in this place and I needed to find a way to turn things around. Since I couldn’t find her maybe I could make her come to me.

Right you'll be dead before she comes to you.

"…hmmm…"

Vanessa's POV

I was a horrible mentor! How could I have lost him? He was pouting a second ago in the clearing he had just made and then BAM! He was gone.

Maybe he used quick step.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves then started listening closely. Currently I was sitting on a high up tree branch that way I could watch him closely without actually getting hit. For a human this spot would make it very difficult for them to hear anything that was happening on the ground; however, for a vampire the open space allowed me to catch every sound that was made close to me. I continued to listen and continued to hear nothing but the light breeze blowing the leaves around. Frustrated I stood and started pacing up and down the long thick branch. Now I heard footsteps but they were only my own.

Maybe something bad happened.

He would have made some kind of noise and we would have heard him.

Maybe he's hurt!

Again we would have heard him!

What if a tracker found him!

We're in the middle of nowhere and nobody knows about this place except for us and mom.

What if Winden came by with one of his surprise visits and found Vic?

My voice of reason slowly faded as cold hard fear settled in. When a gut turning howl coursed through the air my heart broke in two and that little voice of reason was gone. Cold hard panic took its rightful place and coursed through every fiber of my being. Without thinking twice I jumped from treetop to treetop in the direction of the howl.

When I saw his body lying face down in a small circle of trees my worst fears were realized. My body shook uncontrollable and my eyes grew watery with unshed tears. I jumped down and I thought my weak knees would give out from under me when I landed, luckily they didn't. I hadn't smelt any blood but that didn't mean he was hurt or even worse… dead.

My heart hammered against my chest as I ran towards him screaming at the top of my lungs,

"Vic!"

I kneed down beside him and slowly placed my hand on his shoulder to turn him over when…

Vic’s POV

I hurled myself from a face down position and tackled her to the ground with brute force. My little plan of playing possum actually worked!

Yeah that's a surprise! I wouldn't expect it to happen again though.

"Gotcha!" I said with a hint of a chuckle in my voice. My victorious feeling began to fade as I saw the quick glimmer of a tear in the corner of her eyes. The salty water ran down her pale cheek and my stomach turned as another one gathered in her other eye. I stared into her watery emerald green eyes. I was too confused for words; I didn’t understand why she was crying. Part of me wanted to comfort her until I saw her heartwarming smile, and the other more dominate part wanted to shun her for what she was and get the heck off of her!

I did neither.

Vanessa’s POV

I was furious, I was so mad that I had actually fallen for his stupid trick that I was crying. I frowned as I felt the continuous flow of hot tears trickle down my cheeks. Now he probably thought I was some egotistic nimrod who had hurt her pride. I quickly sought to prove him wrong and plastered a fake cheesy smile on my face and produced a giggle.

"Congratulations Vic, you passed your first task."

I flinched slightly when his hard knuckles lightly touched my cheek. They traveled down the salty trail and slowly slipped away. "Again," He whispered softly.

I stared into his eyes. "What?" I asked.

"Play again." He demanded.

I stared at him in disbelief. "Vic there's no need for you to-

His growl made me stop. "I pinned you but I won't just be able to pin that damn prince the same way. I need to learn how to kill him. Not sit on him."

I protested. "Vic you're not ready for that yet. This is only your second day-

"How long do you think it will be before I'm discovered by another vampire? What if they go after Danyelle and you’re not there to protect her? What would you have me do? Just sit on them and poof their dead. I don't think so." He growled in a low voice.

As much as I hated to admit it he was right. With a straight face I said, "Alright Vic I'll teach you, but hear this. This training will not going to be as easy as before, and you will get hurt so you must drink blood daily to keep your strength up. Do understand?" He nodded. "Alright then," I pushed him off me and did a few back flips to get some space in-between us. "Let's go." I got into a fighting position and the battle of sexes was on!

We're all going to die!

***

You know when Vic pinned me? Yeah that was the only point he got. He decided to have a little score board off to the side of the training felid and so far I had ten pebbles, three leaves, two flowers, five sticks, and four dead birds. Each one counted as one point so I had…twenty four points while Vic had one slug and it kept going into my pile. I told him to just kill the thing and he just flicked me off. So it was twenty four to one. We had been going at it in hand to hand combat so Vic was pretty much covered in bruises and blood.

He wheezed in another breath as he picked himself off the ground. He had a right black eye, a split lower lip that was bleeding down to his chin, and his entire left arm was covered in bruises. He refused to call it a day and demanded that we continue our training. He was one stubborn vampire I’d give him that. I did another take of his poor condition and looked up at the tiny sliver of the moon in the night sky. It was time to go.

"Vic," I said across the field. "It's time to go. That's enough for today."

He glared at me in response and shoved his blue knuckles into his front pockets. He winced loudly. “Just a little bit long.”

I sighed at his stubbornness and then traveled over to my car. On the hood were both of our back packs, I opened mine and pulled out the last bottle of blood. I stuck my nail into the cork and popped it open. I took a quick swing of the delicious liquid than turned around and offered it to Vic.

He groaned. “I already had some today.”

“I know that but I still want you to drink it.”

“Why?”

“It will make you heal faster, than maybe you will actually be a match for me.”

He glowered at the bottle as he walked over to me and took the bottle from my hand. He greedily emptied it than tossed it back to me when it was empty. I dropped it on the ground and smiled as his bruises quickly faded away. The cut on his lip knitted itself back together; Vic brought his sleeve up to his mouth and wiped away the remaining blood.

“Alright let’s go” Before I could so much as blink an eye he used quick step to get behind me. I felt his elbow connect with the back of my head. Bright colors flashed before my eyes as I fell down to my knees. Pain rang through my skull as I brought my hands up to my head, trying to sooth it away. The sound of movement behind me was nearly drowned out by the loud ringing in my head, but before I could react to it Vic had already taken advantage of the moment and his foot slammed into my side. I felt the snap of one of my ribs breaking and the air from my lungs rushed out. His foot came back again for another kick but this time I rolled away, his foot missing its target by a mere inch.

Anticipating my next move Vic jumped up in the air just as I swung my leg under him. His feet than pressed down on my shoulders, kicking me onto my back with him standing over me. Instinct took over next, my fangs extended out over my lower lip and I let out a loud hiss. Victor’s eyes sparkled with excitement as he smirked, showing off his own gleaming white fangs. I dug my fingers into the ground and used them pull myself out from under him. I than sprinted into the forest, I was hoping to lose him there so I could get my act together. The only problem seemed to be was that he was right on my heels, laughing. Without warning I spun around and faced him.

Screw tactics

I threw my body weight on him as we both fell to the ground. We rolled on the ground, growls erupting from us as we tried to pin the other. Teeth and claws ripped and tore at each other as shreds of cloth were left behind. Red eyes met icy blue ones as the fight became a test of strength. Failed attempts at cutting flesh put me on edge and I let out another howl when his fingers dug into my bare shoulder, blood dripped out of the gash as Vic finally gained enough leverage to pin me. His hands slid down to my elbows, holding them against my sides until he was able to get his knees up. He sat on my waist and he’s hands were replaced with his knees. With his hands free, he brought them up to my chin and turned my head to the side. I struggled beneath him as his mouth came closer to my throat. The way he was positioned on me made it almost impossible to gain any leverage.

My feet kicked helplessly behind him until he stuck his nose where my collarbone and neck met, he took a long luxurious inhale before he pressed his fangs against my skin. I screamed trying to shake his hand off of my chin but it did nothing. He capture my throat into his mouth and bit down gently, than without warning he rolled up off of me and stood up with a giant grin plastered on his face.

“Looks like I finally won again.”

“Fuck.” I laughed as I picked myself off of the floor. “You know for a second I really thought you were going to kill me.”

He arched his eyebrow as he put his hands into his front pocket. “So you can kill a vampire that way?”

I debated for a moment whether or not to tell him the truth, the whole point of training him was to teach him how to do just that. “No you can’t kill a vampire by tearing out its throat, but it will take them time to heal. The only way you can kill a vampire is too tear out its heart and cut of its head.” I took a couple of steps toward him. “Those are the major parts in a vampire’s body without them they have no way to regenerate. I’ll teach you some more things next time." I said. "Let's go see your sister."

He let out a groan but I could tell how happy he really was. He then lifted his hand out of his pocket and dangled my car keys in front of my face.

When the heck did he get those?

I saw a smirk on his face as he dropped the keys into my hands and then walked towards the car. “I’m really starting to get the hang of this whole vampire thing now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment or message me!! I love hearing what you have to say about the story. Thanks to everyone who has already told me what you think. I loved them all :) I hope that everyone enjoyed this chapter!