Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

04

When I walked into the school's gymnasium I could barely see my own hand in front of my face let alone the couples I was bumping into. After muttering my apologies I strained my eyes in the dark and tried my hardest to pick up the outline of the teenagers so I didn't walk into them again. Just because I was a vampire it did not entitle me to having night vision. 'U+Ur hand' by Pink was blasting from the DJ's speakers. Thick smoke surrounded the DJ and his equipment as red, blue and green lights flickered on and off. The smoke machine let out another thick puff as I walked past a couple.

Pink was singing her chorus and the entire female population in the room began to jump up and down, while swinging their heads with the beat of the music. Some were even screaming the song at the top of their lungs… and wow was it bad!

Half the school's boys were safely hidden away among the shadows from their girlfriends and would probably only come out for a rap song or if their dates dragged them out for a slow one. Some of them were brave enough to dance with the girls but not many. The girls that were surrounding the refreshment table were talking about some guy who broke up with this girl.

But I had a mission, and that was to find Danyelle. I searched around the gym floor and around the refreshment table. She wasn't there. I traveled around the room but she wasn't with the huge group of guys hiding from their girlfriends or outside where some antisocial teens hung out. I pushed my way back inside and through the dancing crowd looking for her but she wasn't there either. After checking and then double checking the gym I finally decided that she wasn't in there. I was walking down a hallway and was about to check the bathroom next when I overheard a very interesting conversation.

"She's going to get it now I swear. I mean it, just look at what she did to my beautiful face." Sue whined. Sue was wearing a huge pink tutu like dress with studs plastered along her low V neck collar. The dress barely reached her mid-thigh and I was positive that it was against school rules but would she get in trouble?

Like a snowflakes chance in hell she will!

I pressed myself against the wall and used my keen vampire hearing to listen in more closely. I didn’t even know that she had been released from the hospital much less show up to the dance with her nose bandaged up.

"Well you're going to have to wait awhile longer because I don't think she's here yet, but her little friend is." Tasha said. She along with the other squad members were all wearing deep purple and green mixed dresses that looked like someone had tossed it into a blander filled with lamia beans, grapes, and strawberry's.

Sue’s younger sister who was also on the squad nodded to Tasha. "Yeah that albino freak is here."

Sue simply smirked at the little piece of news.

I slowly backed up towards the gymnasium with my heart pounding against my chest like a hammer. I didn’t want to cause another scene because I had already drawn enough attention to myself when I broke Sue’s nose, and there was no way I was going to leave Danyelle defenseless. So I figured that when I found her we could decide what we needed to do together. I burst through the doors and began my search again. I frantically looked for her; around the DJ, behind the basketball stands. Although I must say my eyes are now burn for the rest of my life because of true horrors I witnessed back there . I searched for her on the dance floor, the refreshment table, hallways, the entrance doors, around all the flower-wall guys, and finally the dark corners of the gym. Since the only light in the gym was over by the DJ, and since the gym was huge, the corners of it were literally pitch black.

I should have looked there first.

Yeah, I mean she is Goth and Goths like dark places.

Thank you for pointing that out now captain obvious!

There in the far corner of the gym was Danyelle. She had on her dark dress and her stunning shoes. She looked like a dark angel. Her hair was curled and pinned to the top of her head. Her eyes were so blue that they looked like beams of heavenly light in the darkness. I was so mesmerized by the sudden transformation that I didn't even notice that someone was standing right next to her, that is until I saw a big pale hand slide onto her shoulder. I looked over to see the coldest blue eyes. They were so light blue I swear they could have been white so of course they reminded me of ice. Like ice those eyes sent chills running up my spin, and goose bumps sprung to life on my arms. They were so cold yet so… captivating. The best part was that they belong to a GUY! I tore my gaze away from his ice eyes and looked more to his actual body and… He was FLAWLESS! He had jet black hair that reached just below his earlobes and each piece of hair gently laid over another. He had a flawless snow white complexion and from the looks of it he was extremely tone.

Maybe he has a six pack.

He was wearing a black formal shirt with a red tie that had a black cross on it. He was also wearing dress pants and black dress shoes. I looked back up to his face and noticed how his eyes just drew me in, those beautiful icy blue eyes.

"Vanessa!" Screamed Danyelle, she bounced over to me while I lowered my eyes from the still HOT guy's face before he caught me staring. I looked at Danyelle as a smile crept its way up onto my face. She ran up to me and gave me a huge hug.

She let go and looked at my ensemble. Before I knew it she was making me model the dang outfit.

"Very good darling, I love what you did with your hair. You must tell me who styled it?" she said in a weird accent. I laughed and told her I did it myself. Her eyes got wide,

"No way,"

"Yep," I replied. She let out a squeak and grabbed my hand.

"Come on, there is someone I want you to meet." She began to pull me towards the guy I was just staring at!

Crap, What if it's her brother?

What! No way, her brother would not be that hot. I mean this guy is like a GOD!

Maybe it's her cousin?

Would you bring your cousin to a school dance?

NO, Well then maybe it’s her boyfriend?

God I sure hope not, I might die!

Oh, please don't let him be her boyfriend. Please, please, please!

She stopped dragging me about a foot away from him and put her hand on his shoulder. My heart felt like it was freezing.

NOOOOOOO!

"Vic this is my new friend Vanessa, Vanessa this is my older brother Victor. But he likes to be called Vic." She introduced.

Her brother, did I hear that right?

Ha! I knew it all along!

LIAR!

Am not!

I managed to hide my complete and utter shock from being expressed, by instead putting on a fake and totally cheesy smile. I felt so nervous and insecure suddenly I couldn’t believe how bashful I was getting over a human! I had never felt this frazzled before and currently I didn't know what to do. My knees were all wobbly, my palms were sweaty and my hands started to shake so bad I had to hide them behind my back. What was wrong with me? I've never been this nervous before in my whole life. Something had to be wrong here. I looked at him more closely. It had to be him that was making me feel so uneasy, yet I just couldn't seem to find anything wrong with the man!

"Nice to meet you Victor," I was so happy that I was still able to speak without stuttering that my cheesy smile faded and in its place was a weak accomplished smirk.

For a moment I thought he was going to say something but then he stopped himself and his eyes drifted lower all the way down to my shoes then slowly back up. His face betrayed no emotion as he looked me over.
Even though he didn't show any emotion I on the other hand was not used to someone staring at me so boldly. I could feel my face heat up, and my stomach start to turn. I wanted to find some big shapeless dress and throw it on because suddenly I felt like I wasn't wearing enough clothes. The dress seemed to become invisible on me so I wrapped my long pale arms around my waist. I could feel the gentle flush on my cheeks as I looked down at me feet. Why did he have to make me feel so naked?

Maybe he's not looking anymore.

I looked up and met his eyes.

Nope still looking,

I was about to drop my gaze until I caught the small flicker of confusion in his eyes. Why the heck is he confused? I'm the one who feels naked! He was staring at me so intently I was tempted to take a step back but quickly caught myself. I was not going to be intimated by this guy! I met his cold stare with one of my own. What exactly was he looking for? His cold stare out staged mine because his stare sent chills up my spine and paralyzed my voice until I was unable to speak. Then suddenly in a split second his confused stare turned into a hard, cold, hate filled glare. My eyebrow shot up.
Was there something wrong with my dress, maybe something was in my teeth? I licked my front teeth with my tongue and found nothing, until it hit my fangs. Did he see them, but that couldn't be possible because they weren't extended. Well then maybe my dress was on backwards, or maybe my make-up smeared when I was running. But the look he was giving me wasn't a 'something's wrong with your look' kind of way but oddly a 'You don't fool me for a minute' kind of look. My smile was gone now. Are my eyes red? But if they were then how come Danyelle wasn't giving me the same look of disgust?

I looked over at Danyelle. She was smiling like there hadn’t been a ten minute silence period. Her eyes sparkled as she slid her hand down her brother's shoulder and gripped his pale hand, giving it a tight short squeeze to get his attention. He pulled his gaze away from me for only a second and looked at his sister. He held her hand for a moment to reply to her squeeze in some unspoken way relaxing her, and then his focus was back on me.

As soon as those eyes landed on me again I started thinking of more things that could be wrong with me. Was it because my skin was so deadly pale? No wait that couldn't be right because his skin was even paler than my own… wait that couldn't be right. But when I compared our hands his were defiantly paler than mine. That couldn't be possible he would have to be a male vampire to have a lighter skin tone than me… unless he was a vampire. I looked at him very carefully than looked back at Danyelle. She was pale but like a regular 'girl don't go out much' pale not a 'never seen sunlight' pale. So he couldn't possibly be a vampire because Danyelle was defiantly human.

Maybe they had different fathers or something?

Something in my mind told me that that wasn't it. I looked Vic over ever so carefully. Well he had this rusty color around his pupils, having red in our eyes shows that we are vampires, but there are some humans with it too. He hadn't opened his mouth once since I had come near him so I couldn't very well check him for fangs.

Danyelle must noticed that the mood had changed because she looked back and forth between us repeatedly.

"Umm…,"she broke the silence "I'm going to the refreshment table…do you guys want anything?"

"No thank you." I answered. Victor slightly turned his head from side to side.

Come on open up your freaking mouth!

Danyelle let out a quiet sigh and walked away. I wasn't positive that he was a vampire… but things just weren't adding up. If Danyelle wasn't a vampire then how could Vic be? There was only one reasonable explanation…I looked down at his neck. His skin was just the tiniest bit darker there but could still make out the shape of two small scars just above his shirt collar on the right side of his neck.

He's a-a

A ROUGE VAMPIRE!

A scream filled then room. I quickly turned towards the noise near the refreshment table. The sweet smell of blood thickened the gym, and the smell of it made my body restless. I knew from experience that this much blood in the air would turn my eyes red. But they real question was…ere Vic’s? I slowly turned around and saw his were blood red with thirst. The smell of blood made the tip of my tongue tingle in anticipation. My eyes met Victor's and the hunting game began. I used quick step and dashed over to the ever so sweet blood. It was located near the refreshment table where a small pool of a dark liquid surrounded the person's head. But the only problem was that the person just so happened to be…Danyelle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not even going to lie this is actaully one of my favorite chapters I have created. Thank you for reading and if you enjoyed it please comment thank you :)