Sequel: Nothing Will Stop Us
Status: It's going to be revised to be better and longer

Welcome to the Vampire Circus

Escaping Just to be Captured Again

Today was finally the day, the last day of the circus and in Chicago. It was a nice cool place, and honestly if there weren't any vampires living here, I would love to live here. Kalie talked to me at the end of last month telling me when we were going to make our escape. Waiting patiently for Brendon to come and tell me where he wanted to meet me, I packed my clothes in a bag that he got for me from one of the crew and I left out a warn out hoodie, tank top and the skinny jeans I wore when I went to the circus for Kalie to wear. Hearing talking outside, I quickly threw the bag and clothes in the closet, closed the door, and hopped back into the bed with the covers over my body not knowing if it was Brendon or someone else. Laying still and acting like I was sleeping, I heard the door open and heard Brendon end his conversation with one of the crew member or someone by saying,"You better make sure everything goes as planned. I don't want William to be displeased. Got it."

"Yes, sir. I'll-" the guy said before Brendon slammed the door on him.

Damn, Brendon is acting like a complete asshole. God, I can't wait to get out.

Opening my eyes, I saw Brendon looking very irritated and stressed. Probably from all the stress put on him to make sure he has a good show for William and the other Dandies who are going to be there. He walked over to where I was and sat down next to me. I sat up and looked at him with sorrow in my eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Not really. I'm just really stressed right now, making sure that everything will be flawless for tonight's show. You know how important this show is." he told me while looking in my eyes.

"Yeah, but once me and Kalie get out, you won't have to worry anymore and then we can runaway like we planned 2 months ago." I told him with a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah, when are you guys going to leave?" he asked me.

"Once the circus starts." I replied.

"That's in 5 minutes. Are you done packing?" he asked me while looking into my eyes.

"Almost. I just have to grab my converse and I'll be ready to go." I told him while looking in his eyes. They had doubt in them and it got me worried that he doesn't think this plan will work, but he looked like there was hope in his eyes that the plan would work. I didn't care what he thought though. I knew this plan would work.

"Okay. Well, meet me in the park across the street and make sure no one sees you guys. Be careful though. Even though the circus is in town, it doesn't mean that every gang is going to be there." he told me.

"I know. Don't worry we'll be careful. I promise." I told him before giving him a kiss.

"Okay. I'll see you after the circus." he told me before kissing me back and walking over to the door.

"I love you." I told him before he walked out the door. He stopped there for a second and looked down. I didn't know if it was a good thing that I told him that I loved him or a bad thing, but then he looked at me with a smile as if it made his day and said,"I love you too." before walking out. I smiled happily and got out of bed to finish packing my clothes.

Putting on my converse, I heard a knock on the door knowing that it would be Kalie. I mean, no one else knocks on the door in this place, so it would have to be here.

"Come in." I called out and Kalie walked in before quickly shutting the door. She walked over to me and asked,"So, are those my clothes?"

"Yeah, here." I said while handing her her clothes and she walked into the bathroom to get dressed. Walking over to the dresser, I looked at myself in the mirror and started to brush my hair. Kalie walked out fully dressed in some real clothes and not the ones Jon made her wear after 5 minutes. She grabbed the bag full of clothes and I quickly put my brush in the bag before we headed for the door.

We waited there for a second, putting our ears to the door to make sure no one was there and then we quickly snuck out of the trailer and over behind a tent. Looking around, it was a complete empty which meant that we would have no problem sneaking out of the circus to our freedom. I swear I felt like a ninja because we were moving quickly from one tent or cage to another. To bad we weren't playing ninja and if we really got caught we'd be screwed.

Making our way around the performance tent, we heard the sound of the crowd cheers and applauds. Not seeing anyone outside the tent, we basically sprinted across the tent full of people over to the park Brendon told me he wanted me to meet him. Running past trees and bushes, we knew we were free and out of sight of everyone, but being vampires that wasn't the case for them since they can smell your scent from your blood and sweet. Weird, huh? Well, not really, but anyways. We stopped where we saw swings and a playground. Honestly, I wanted to rest and just hang out there until Brendon came here to get me and take us away from this vampire, infested town. Walking over to the swing, I sat there while Kalie was 10 feet away from me. She turned around and asked,"What are you doing? Come on!"

"No, I'm waiting here for Brendon to come." I told her loudly.

"What? Okay, whatever. I guess I'll wait with you." she told me while running back to the swings and sitting with me. I looked at her and I could tell she was confused, but in the same sense understood. I'm guessing she knew that Brendon and I are in love and plan on being together.

"So, are you and Brendon going to runaway together?" she asked me.

"Yeah. We're going to live in Palo Cedro." I answered happily.

"Man, I wish I could go back, but it's so far away. How do you guys plan on getting there?" she asked me and that's when I realized that we didn't really plan on how we were going to get there from here. I know he didn't have any plane tickets or train tickets.

"I don't know." I told her while looking at her in her eyes.

She looked at me with discouragement and I looked down feeling it. Moving my feet against the sand when all of a sudden I heard a stick break like it was stepped on. Kalie heard it too because she was looking around.

"Shit, what was that?" I asked her.

"I think it was a cat stepping on a stick." she replied logically.

Yeah, that's what they all say before something bad happens, like being kidnapped or something worse. The only bad thing that can happen is be kidnapped and killed by a vampire. I don't want that to happen to me. I want to be with Brendon.

Looking down again, I all of a sudden heard the bushes ruffle as if someone was behind it or, in Kalie's mind, a cat was behind it. Looking towards where I heard the ruffling and looked over to Kalie, who was looking at it curiously. She got up and walked over to where the noise was coming from.

"What are you doing, Kalie?" I asked her as if she was crazy.

"I'm going to check out what's making the noise." she told me.

Curiosity killed the cat, Kalie. Haven't you ever heard of that saying?

Kalie looked behind the bushes to see what was making that noise and obviously she didn't see anything because she calmly walked back to her swing as if it was nothing. I just looked down and sighed hoping that Brendon would be here soon because I was starting to get this unbearably, uncomfortable feeling that some one was watching us.

Brendon, hurry your ass up and get here.

Looking around, trying to find where these eyes I felt on me were coming from, but I couldn't see anyone. Feeling nervous and thinking that maybe I was just being parinoid, I swung lightly while letting my legs dangle and hit the white sand. Even thought it's probably only been 5 minutes, it feels like it's been an hour and I was getting worried that they found him out.

"God, where is he? Do you think the circus is over yet?" Kalie asked me impatiently.

"No, it's probably been only 5 minutes." I told her while leaning my head against the chain of the swing.

"Damn, I'm tired of waiting. Sorry, Mel, but I'm gonna go." she told me while getting off the swing.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it. I'll be fine." I told her.

"Okay, I'll see you later when you guys are settled." she told me as she walked away.

"Okay, bye." I told her while watching her walk away. I watched her walk into the darkness and not even a minute after she left, I heard a scream coming from her direction.

"God damn it!" I cursed as I got off of my swing and running over to where Kalie was.

I stopped as I noticed that I was in the darkness and it was pretty stupid of me to come chasing after her, but she's my best friend and she snuck me out of the circus so I didn't have to marry Mike. Letting my eyes get use to the darkness, I looked around and kept my guard up.

"Kalie, where are you?" I called out, but I didn't hear anything. Going to repeat myself, I all of a sudden felt a body jump on me and I hit my head on the sidewalk. My vision was getting blurry, but the only thing I saw was a siloquet of 4 guys, where 2 of them just got there holding guns before I was completely knocked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't change a thing in this chapter, but I hope you enjoyed the revision version of my story. Thanks you for taking the time to read it and comment again if you've read the original. The sequal will be changed the most and have more chapters hopefully.