Sorrow Swallows My Screams

Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

Zacky’s POV:

The instant I opened the front door to Brian’s house he appeared.

“How did it go?”

“Not good,” I said. “M-my father - I - I broke my dad’s arm.”

“What? How?”

I explained it all to him.

“I knew I should have gone with you,” he said. Although I could hear it, I knew he was talking more to himself than to me.

“Not, it was my fault,” I replied, even so.

“Baby, it wasn’t your fault-” He stopped abruptly, like he’d just seen a corpse. Wait… baby? Oh fuck you. Stop acting so fucking surprised! He cares about you! That’s okay!

“What!? Did you see a corpse? Where!? AH! Attack of the zombies, hide!!”

He laughed, but still I could tell he wasn’t back to normal after ‘seeing the corpse’.

“No,” he said. “But what else is there other than zombies?”

“Werewolves! Frankenstein! DRACULA!”

“Oh come on,” he said with a dismissing wave of his hand.

“What? Dracula could kick those zombies asses any day!”

We had a light hearted discussion about vampires and stuff like that for a while. I guess I was in a kinda of happy (and veryveryvery hyper) mood. Why? Because I’d finally beaten my father somehow! And… I didn’t plan on going back to see him anytime soon!

We were in Bri’s room now, still. He was walking passed his bed. I pounced on him, sending him backwards onto his bed. I landed on top of him. Just a spur of the moment, hyper person thing to do, you know.

“Yeah dude, what about the batsssss?”

“What about the bats?” he asked.

“I’M ONE!”

“Mmm… really?” I nodded viciously. “Are you gonna turn into a vampire?” I nodded again. “Are you gonna sink you’re teeth into my neck and suck my blood?” I nodded for the third time, licking my lips.

Yes, I was happy now.

“Can I?”

“Sure can.”

I obeyed. I lowered my head to the level of his neck and touched my lips to his soft, soft skin. Did he moisturize it or something? Gosh… so soft. I parted my lips and felt my teeth with my tongue. I teased him a little first by ‘accidentally’ letting my tongue slither on his skin. I saw goosebumps rise on the cool flesh of his neck.

“Muahahahaha,” I laughed evilly.

I sunk my teeth in, softly at first. I began to bite harder, but then I froze up. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t breathe. Fuck, what’s happening? Brian felt my sudden stiffness and sat me up straight.

“Zacky?” he said. I didn’t reply. I couldn’t. “Zacky!” Still couldn’t reply. “Fuck, Zacky!”

He shook my shoulders a few times. I was aware of what he was doing it. I was also aware that he was talking to me, and I was aware of what he was saying. I just couldn’t reply. I need to breathe now…

I focussed on that. I got myself breathing again, but still not at a normal rate. I went to the other extreme: hyperventilation. I was breathing too quickly now. Was this some sort of panic attack or something?

“Zacky, oh Jesus Christ, Zacky, answer me!”

He stood up quickly, tripping over on something laying on the floor. He got up and ran out of his room. Why is he leaving me alone? Come back! I suddenly felt very dizzy. I let my body fall back down onto Brian’s bed, my head landing not on a pillow, but hitting the bed-head and then falling onto the pillow. Fuck, that hurt.

I felt my eyes flutter a few times before the darkness overcame me and I slipped into unconsciousness.