Sorrow Swallows My Screams

Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen:

Zacky’s POV:

“Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?” I asked once the cop car had begun moving along the now familiar road.

“We’ll explain when we get to the station, all right?”

“No, it’s not all right!” I said, the volume of my voice rising with my temper. “I want answers, and I want them now!”

I was aware that saying that last sentence made me sound a bit like bratty little six year old girl, but the sentence was very true.

“You can’t have them now!” One of the officers yelled, turning around and waving his arms violently in the air. I threw my hands to my sides to show my defeat. Fine. If he didn’t want to tell me… there wasn’t a great deal I could do about it except wait until we got to the freakin’ cops station.

I was silent until we arrived at this so spoken of police station. The cops let me out of the car and one of them pulled me by the handcuffs inside the station and into a little room. I gasped upon seeing who was in this room. Brian and his father, sitting on two little chairs in the corner. The officer threw me roughly down into a seat next to Brian. He began to pace back and forth in the cramped room, waiting for his partner to arrive after parking the police car. A few minutes later, his partner arrived and the two men stood opposite the three of us with matching serious expressions plastered to their faces.

“Now will someone tell me what’s going on?” I asked, impatiently.

“I think you have more to say than I do,” the first officer replied; the short, chubby one with the balding grey hair and a Texan accent.

“No,” said the other officer in a smooth, even voice; he was the complete opposite in appearance to his partner, being young, tall, and thin, yet muscly and sporting thick, messy brown hair that had been the victim to too much hair gel that morning.

The first officer opened his mouth to protest, but a new voice coming from outside the doorway caused him to shut his mouth.

“Hello, officers,” the voice said. “So… where’ve you been, Sonny-Jim?”