Sorrow Swallows My Screams

Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen:

Zacky’s POV:

“Zacky!” Brian exclaimed, wide-eyed.

“What? What is it?” I asked, suddenly nervous. “Is it my dad?” My stomach twisted in resentment at the thought.

“No, no,” Bri said quickly. My nervousness softened remarkably; I could tell from his tone that the situation wasn’t an OH MY GOD RUN! situation. “It’s just…” He dropped his voice to a low whisper. “Look at your pants.”

I did. I gasped. I knew I had an erection, but I didn’t know it was this bad. I felt my cheeks prickle and burn. To hide myself from everyone else, I buried myself shamefully in Bri. Was that redness that rose on his cheeks a peculiar sunburn or the faint glimmer of a blush?

I didn’t really care right at that second. I was too embarrassed. Like… majorly. I know that Brian was the only one that had seen ‘my little problem’, but that’s almost the worst person who could see it… the worst person and the best person… all at the same time.

Strangely, I felt an odd sensation arise in my stomach region. No, not vomit. Something… better? I don’t know. But I actually had a feeling it was much worse with the potential to be much better… if that were to make any sense…

The words were coming before I could halt them.

“BriIthinkIlikeyouasmorethanafriend.”

“What?” Bri asked. I looked into his eyes and saw confusion. He hadn’t understood what I said.

Great! Now you have a chance to back out of it, you great fool! But… I couldn’t. The force inside my stomach - no, not drugs, either - was taking control. I couldn’t stop myself from telling Bri.

“Bri,” I began uneasily. I braced myself for the blow, AKA Bri never speaking to me again. “I like you as more than a friend. And I want to be more than a friend to you.”

His lips were on mine. Oh God, yes. I didn’t think he would be like this; after all that time together as friends, even with the odd exception of more-than-friendliness I never would have imagined he would have done this. It was great. It was my shining light at the end of a dark tunnel. He was my shining light at the end of a dark tunnel. Or, at least, my new one…

No, Zacky, no! Now is NOT the time to feel guilty! He would have wanted you to be happy…

Right here, right now, in the middle of the cafeteria (exaggeration, we were at the edge and there was a cloud of people all looking in the opposite direction), Brian’s lips were pressed firmly against mine. His tongue slicked against my lips and leaning more into him (and becoming very aware of my erection, by the way) I parted my lips ever so slightly. The gap was minuscule, yet, somehow, Brian’s tongue managed to find a way through and into my mouth.

I angled my head in towards Bri, thoroughly enjoying this experience. I teased him a little bit, too, by licking at his lips but not slipping my tongue through the gap that he allowed when his mouth opened enough for me to do so.

After we were done with the whole tongue-in-mouth stuff, he planted a series of short kisses on my lips. He pulled away and examined my face intently.

“Um… wow,” I breathed.

“Zacky… I’ve wanted this for so long,” Bri admitted. He was blushing like mad - this was no peculiar sunburn.

“Me too,” I said softly. To the complete and utter surprise of even myself, I felt tears well up in my eyes and fall quickly down. “I don’t want to go to my dad’s… my home is with you, Bri… not him…”

“I don’t know what I can do, Zacky. They know who we are now, where we live. It’s the first place they’d come looking for you,” Brian said mournfully. I saw that his eyes were watery. This made my tears run faster.

I love him so much…