Sorrow Swallows My Screams

Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine:

Zacky’s POV:

After we had run utterly out of tears, Mrs Fletcher and I had a lengthy discussion about our losses and ways in which we could deal with them. She struck up an inspiration in me, she helped me feel ultimately better, if only for a while.

But I knew what I had to do. In this strangely euphoric state, I knew I had to go see Brian. See him. See all of him.

So, I took off from Mrs Fletcher’s. Glancing at my watch, I saw it was 5:30 PM. It was almost dark. The sun was a mere silhouette on the horizon, a sliver of what it really was. I walked quickly to Brian’s, arriving at the doorstep panting.

“Zacky!” Mr Haner exclaimed, opening the door. He extended a hand and I shook it quickly.

“Brian home?” I asked, my words coming out ever so quickly in my anticipation.

“In his room,’ Mr Haner replied. “Come in.”

“Thanks,” I replied, dashing through the door and up the stairs. I arrived at Brian’s room and burst in without a thought of knocking. A slight moment of guilt took over me for being so rude, but it was almost immediately forgotten.

I saw Brian lounging on his double bed, his guitar slung in front of him, suspended by a black strap sporting a white skull-and-crossbones design.

“Hey Zacky,” was what he was going to say as he looked up and saw me in his room, but time to finish this sentence he had not. I performed a rather spectacular mid-air leap which was surprising, as I’d previously surmised that in my sudden haste I would possess no grace. This jump landed me stomach-down on the black blanketed double bed and I shuffled a further few inches upwards. Ignoring the guitar in my wake, I pressed myself up as close as I could get to him.

My lips crashed against his in a wave of furious passion. At first, he was so stunned at my sudden urges that he didn’t return the positive emotions, but it didn’t take him long to catch on. He pushed me lightly away with his fingertips, but only for a moment, only long enough to unsling his guitar and set it gently down beside his bed.

After that, Brian and I dissolved back into our kiss, more passionate than before.

“What are we doing, Zacky?” Brian asked suddenly, breaking the kiss, studying my face.

“This,” I replied simply, accentuating my sentence by reaching to pull off his shirt. I worked it off his chest, over his head, threw t onto the ground. My lips crashed against his again and the kiss resumed, growing ever more powerful until…

Brian broke the kiss again. He pushed me away again, just a few inches. I could feel his warm breath on my face at each exhalation.

“What are we doing?”

“Brian, we’re having sex.”