Sorrow Swallows My Screams

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:

Zacky’s POV:

“It was about a year ago,” Brian said. We were away from the bridge now, and sitting under a big old tree in a nearby park. “I was cutting… too often. Then, one night, I did it too much... My dad came into my room to say goodnight to me and found me unconscious in a pool of my own blood. He took me to hospital. It was close… I almost died.”

I had been staring at a tree in front of me, but turned to face Brian now. He was looking down at the ground.

“I didn’t want to die, though. Not then, I didn’t mean for it to be that bad,” he explained. “Anyway, after that, my dad helped me through it all, and I’m much better now.”

I nodded weakly, though I knew Brian was looking down. I stared at the tree again.

“Zacky, I can help you…”

I looked from the tree again and back over to him. He was looking at me with a serious expression.

“No…” I replied.

“Yes,” he said. I gave in and nodded, not entirely sure what I was giving into, exactly.

After that, we had another one of those longggggg conversations that lasted at least an hour. I was kind of… staring… at his face while he talked, enjoying what I saw. Fuck, Zacky, that’s not good. He was looking in the direction of the tree I was looking at before, so he couldn’t see me looking at him. I lowered my eyes to his lower region and felt myself growing just a bit hard. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I blushed and rested my hands on my lap, just in case Brian looked over at me. Our conversation had been serious to start with, but now it was a lot more casual. I looked at the tree I was looking at before, trying to stop thinking about Brian in the… ways… I was thinking about him.

Fuck. I think I like him.

The tree did nothing for me so I looked at Brian’s sweet face. Nope, nothing, not stopping the thoughts. Only making them worse. I involuntarily found my eyes pointing down again, at his crotch, and blushed a deep, deep red when Brian stopped talking, mid-sentence.

Fuck. He’d seen me looking.

I quickly looked back up at his face, my pants feeling tighter yet. Yes, I definitely like him. But, it’s wrong to like him. I should like Mikey, damn it! What the… I do like Mikey! I love Mikey. I just… kind of… you know… like Brian too.

Inspecting his face a little more, I saw that he was blushing again too. I also noticed that his arms seemed to scurry onto his lap. Odd. And then the hoodie he was wearing came off, and onto his lap.

“Do you really want to help me?” I asked, a few minutes later, ignoring the awkwardness and the strange lap-covering.

“Yes, I do, really,” he replied.

“There is one thing you can do.”

“What? What is it?”

“Well, it’s really a question you can answer.”

“Okay, I can do that.”

“You sure you want to?”

“Yes,” he said, nodding his head.

I sighed before asking the question that was plaguing my mind. “Do you want to have sex?”