Call Me Crazy

Introduction

I moved away from the suburbs of Chicago and my old high school the summer before my sophomore year. I hadn’t been too sad about moving away because I had only had one true friend, Ashleigh, and I was always teased in school. The rest of my ‘friends’ didn’t matter. They didn’t stick up for me when I was pushed around and talked about behind my back. But they didn’t matter; Ashleigh always was there for me.

My dad had gotten a new job in Green Bay, Wisconsin, so my mom, my younger sister Carolina, my baby brother Jacob, and I all packed up and moved up north. Ashleigh and I had a tearful goodbye, and promised to keep in touch. That lasted for about a year, our phone calls became farther and farther apart, until the point where we lost contact.

At my old school, I was the nerd, the one everyone always picked on. I was the teacher’s pet and received all A’s. I would ask Ashleigh why they picked on me, and she told me it was because they were jealous. This made me confused. I was nothing to be jealous of, unless they were jealous of my grades, yeah right.

I was a skinny, five foot seven girl with straight brown hair. What was there to be jealous of? I never considered myself pretty, although Ashleigh had told me that often. I would try to believe her, like I could most of the time, but not when it came to my looks. I was plain. I never had a boyfriend back in Chicago and I still don’t here in Wisconsin. But that’s probably because I drive most guys away now.

On the first day at my new school in Green Bay, I immediately felt out of place. Everyone here had their own group, their friends, and their social standing all figured out, and I was just another nobody, with no where to go. Before I knew it, I had blocked out all of the cliques and had formed one of my own along with a few other loners.

There was Joey, a drug addict; Michelle, who was a bit Goth; Katherine, a crazy bad ass; and then there was me. I started wearing bondage pants and my music taste expanded into heavier sorts of rock. My parents didn’t care too much, as long as my grades didn’t drop and I didn’t get involved with anything illegal. They don’t know about Joey yet, and I don’t intend on letting them know.

Our group was small, but we made a statement among all the structured cliques in our school. We did not have a label at all. We were who we were, and I had gotten used to that. The last thing I would have expected would be to move back.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just the intro and I'm not too proud of it. It could be better, but I honestly don't know how. I would love feedback! Peace&Love, Erin