Call Me Crazy

Phone calls

“You’re what?” Michelle screamed into my ear. I laughed.

“I’m running for homecoming queen,” I repeated.

“We heard that part, dip-shit,” Katherine’s voice came though the phone. I had called Michelle, and Katherine and Joey had been at her house, so I was put on speakerphone.

“Yeah, care to explain why?” Joey said, emphasizing the why.

“It’s a revenge scheme against a bitch,” I said, broadly answering his question. I heard a few laughs on the other end.

“Care to elaborate?” Katherine asked. No doubt she was smirking; I could tell.

“Remember that one girl I told you about?” I asked, knowing Michelle was the only one who would know the answer.

“Mackenzie?” She asked.

“Yup,” I nodded, “And pretty much I’m doing it to get back at her.”

“Awesome, let us know how it goes,” I heard Katherine say.

“Yeah, make sure that bitch gets what she deserves!” I laughed at Joey’s remark. I heard some muffled shouting.

“What was that?” I asked, holding back a laugh. Joey was muttering something.

“Oh, mom heard Joey swear,” Michelle remarked, from the tone of her voice she was probably rolling her eyes. I let out a chuckle.

“I got to go guys,” I said.

“Aww, ok,” Katherine said. I smiled.

“I love you!” I said into the phone before hanging up and placing it into my back pocket. Sighing, I absentmindedly began to pick at the hem of my shirt. It was going to be hard to win all those votes, and Mackenzie was going to make sure it wasn’t easy at all. I don’t want another bruise from her Jimmy Choo’s ever again.

Suddenly, I felt my butt vibrating. “Fuck!” I exclaimed, as it had surprised me. I grabbed my phone and looked at the number. Not recognizing it, I cautiously answered it.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey, Niki,” I heard Ben say.

“Oh, hi,” I said, smiling, “How’d you get my number?”

“Alexis,” He explained, “Whatcha doing?”

“Um, nothing,” I stated, “Why?”

“Oh, Kevin is over at my house, and we were wondering if you wanted to come over.” He rushed out. Jeeze, someone was nervous.

“Sure,” I said with a shrug of my shoulders. I listened as he gave me directions to his house.

“I’ll be there in ten minutes,” I said before snapping shut my phone. Grabbing my hoodie, I ran down the stairs to the kitchen. I scribbled a sticky note for my parents, explaining where I was, and went out to my car.

I arrived at his house in a little under ten minutes. I stepped up to the front porch and rang the doorbell. It was a quaint house, definitely smaller than Alexis’s house, but it didn’t take much for that. I was studying the dark wood door as it opened revealing an out of breath Kevin. Ben showed up behind him moments later.

“Niki!” Kevin screamed, engulfing me in a hug.

“Cant breathe, Kevin,” I said, and he pulled away. I let air flood my lungs before I spoke again, “So, were you guys bored or something?’

“Yeah, video games were getting boring,” Ben said. I smiled.

“So now what are we going to do?” I said after we had stepped inside. The living room was small, but was nicely furnished. There was a central fireplace on the far wall, and the rest of the walls were painted a warm tan.

“I don’t know, but it has to be more fun than video games,” Kevin said, leading me downstairs. The room we entered I assumed was Ben’s. It was large; in fact, I think it took up most of the basement. There was a TV in one corner, an Xbox stationed next to it. The game controllers were thrown carelessly aside, next to an empty pizza box.

“Nice room,” I commented uncertainly. Kevin laughed. Ben just looked embarrassed.

“It’s supposed to be the family room, but it’s my room now, since no one besides me ever used it,” He explained, quickly going to shove some askew clothes into a pile.

“And it’s supposed to smell, It’s a man cave,” Kevin remarked, letting out a chuckle, Ben through a pillow at him.

“What the hell, man?” Kevin whined. It was my turn to laugh. They both turned to look at me. I just smiled and shrugged it off.

“So what are we gonna do?” I asked again.

“I don’t know, we were hoping you would have some ideas,” Ben admitted. I rolled my eyes.

“Or I could just tickle you,” Kevin said, standing up.

“Oh, hell no!” I said, going to stand behind Ben, peaking over his shoulder to see if Kevin had stopped advancing on me. He hadn’t.

“Don’t come any closer, or I’ll…” I stopped and thought for a second, and sighed in defeat, “I’ve got nothing.”

“Score!” Kevin yelled, running around Ben to get to me. I ran the other way, and jumped over Ben’s unmade bed, landing somewhat gracefully on my butt. I stood up and ran again. Kevin was chasing me, and Ben was standing there shaking his head. I grabbed one of the pillows from the floor and held it above my head in defense. Kevin, in response, picked up another pillow.

“It’s on!” I yelled, charging at him, swinging the pillow blindly in his direction. Apparently, I missed.

“Niki, I’m over here,” I turned around to see Kevin behind me. I let out a frustrated growl and swung the pillow at him, knocking him to the ground. Before he could get up I sat on his stomach.

“Niki, could you be so kind as to, GET. OFF. ME.” He growled from beneath me.

“I don’t think so,” I mused, “Will you promise not to tickle attack me anymore.”

“Ok,” He agreed. I looked at him skeptically, but got up nonetheless.

I let out a scream as he began to tickle me. I managed to push him off in time to yell at him. “Did you not just promise not to do that?” I shrieked.

“I had my fingers crossed,” he said smugly. I glared and poked him.

“I’m not giving in either then,” I said, narrowing my eyes, “You’re going down,” I said before wrestling him to the ground, poking him, tickling him, and finishing it off by twisting his arm.

“Uncle! Uncle!” He squeaked. I laughed and got up.

“That’s exactly what you have to do to Mackenzie,” Kevin said, standing up. He began to rub his arm, “Dang, that really hurt, you know that?”

“What do you mean, that’s what I have to do to Mackenzie?” I asked, ignoring his last comment, “I have to physically hurt her?”

“No, you just have to make her say uncle, not the other way around,” he explained.

“Was that your plan all along?” I asked, glaring.

“Um maybe, why?” he asked, looking worried.

“Could you have told me that without all the tickling?” I asked again.

“Maybe…” he said, backing away. I would have gone for him again, but strong arms wound around my waist, keeping me in place.

“Calm yourselves,” Ben told us both, “I must say, that was insanely entertaining to watch, more fun than video games.” I turned around to face him. He was grinning. Kevin pulled me away and whispered into my ear. I felt a smirk form on my face that I’m sure was identical to the one Kevin wore.

“Uh, guys…?” Ben trailed off, stepping backwards as we walked closer to him. Kevin nodded to me and we both launched ourselves onto Ben. Let the payback begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was kinda a long one.

Comments would make me very happy *pouts* <---hopefully I wont look like a fish ^_^

Peace&Love, Erin