Call Me Crazy

The Park

Sunday morning I slept until noon; I woke feeling tired. My stomach growled, time to eat, I guess… I rubbed my eyes and stumbled down the stairs towards the kitchen, but stopped when I heard voices. It sounded like my mother and a familiar male voice that I couldn’t place in my sleepy state. I entered the kitchen to see my mother and Adam, sitting at the table, drinking coffee.

“Ahh, Sleeping Beauty has awakened!” My mother exclaimed, grinning. I grumbled, but forced an apologetic smile at Adam. “I was thinking I’d have to send Prince Charming here up to get you.” She giggled, yes, my mom just giggled. What the hell.

“Mom,” I whined, grabbing a mug and pouring some coffee for myself. I was in dire need of it this morning. Feeling the hot liquid warm my throat, I began to wake up.

“So what are you doing here?” I finally asked Adam.

“I thought you might wonder that,” he replied, “I came over a half hour ago to see if you’d like to go out today, but I see you’re still not awake,” He added, smirking.

I looked down at my clothing, and blushed at my faded Nirvana t-shirt. “I’ll go shower,” I said embarrassed, realizing my hair was probably a monster at the moment. Both he and my mom chuckled.

“I’ll wait,” He said, smirking

“Ok,” I replied, “Mom, please don’t do anything embarrassing while I’m gone,” I added before running up the stairs, taking them two at a time. I managed to shower and get dressed in the record time of twenty-seven minutes.

Smoothing out my Norma Jean shirt, I bounded down the stairs, running into Adam, and nearly causing him to fall over, but he managed to steady me in time.

“I’m ready,” I said pathetically.

“I see that,” He chuckled. I blushed.

“Bye mom!” I called out into the vastness of the house. From somewhere I heard a muffled, “Okay” and I turned to Adam. “So where are we going?” I asked.

“Just to the park, if you don’t mind. I didn’t really have anything planned,” Adam admitted.

“Sounds good to me,” I smiled. We walked out into the crisp fall air, and down the sidewalk. I was surprised we weren’t taking his mustang, which was parked in my driveway, but let it go when I realized the park we were going to was just down the street.

“Your mom is…” Adam started.

“Embarrassing,” I finished, rolling my eyes.

“I was going to say lively,” He admitted. This is one of those moments, that if I had been drinking water, it would have come out of my nose.

“You’re talking about my mom, right?” I asked, disbelieving.

“Yeah, she’s pretty cool. You’re lucky to have a mom like her,” He told me, smiling down at me.

“What’s your mom like?” I asked, after managing to swallow my laughter.

“She works too hard, but she’s there, she loves us,” He said, meaningfully.

“Us? Do you have a sibling?” I asked.

“Yeah, an older brother. He’s in college now, but he comes home every weekend to do laundry,” Adam chuckled as he told me this.

I sat down on a swing and motioned for Adam to sit on the one next to me. He shook his head, and instead circled behind me. I craned my neck to see what he was doing, when he began to push my swing.

“Did you always live here?” I asked him as he began to gently rock my swing,

“No, before my parents got divorced, we lived in Colorado. I barely remember it though. I was seven when we moved,” He explained.

“Oh,” I said

“It’s fine, I’ve adjusted to life as it is. My dad was a bastard, and I don’t want to ever treat a woman like he treated my mom,” He said smiling. I grinned back, and ground my feet into the woodchips below me, stopping the motion. I stood up and turned to face him, the jostled swing the only thing between us.

“That’s really sweet,” I told him, looking up into his wide, blue eyes. I saw a glimmer in them as he leaned down and tenderly kissed me.

“You’re sweet,” He said during a brief break, before leaning in again. However, before our lips even met, a loud horn blared from the road adjacent to the park. I looked in time to see a familiar car Honda blazing by.

Adam sighed, “Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah,” I said, as he took my hand in mine. Peacefully we walked back to my house.

“I’ll see you in school tomorrow, ok?” He said once we reached my doorstep. It was still mid afternoon, but I still had homework to do, and he had to get to work.

“Yep,” I said, giving him a quick hug before waving goodbye and entering my house. I greeted my mom, who was back in the kitchen cooking dinner, before running up to my room, and collapsing on my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess what? NO SCHOOL TODAY!!! So I had time to update =]

anywho, comment? subscribe? These things make me happy ^_^

Peace&Love, Erin