Call Me Crazy

At least someone cares.

“Hey, bitch,” Mackenzie yelled at me the moment I left Adam’s side after lunch. I turned and sighed. I so didn’t want to deal with this today.

“What,” I said, drained.

“What do you think,” She snarled. What ever possessed her to be nice to me the day before homecoming had been erased. Shit, homecoming. It came back to me. Mackenzie liked Adam. How could I have been so stupid!

“Uh,” I started, unsure of how to handle this.

“That’s all you have to say?” she shrieked, “I know we’re not friends, or anything close to that, but are you trying to ruin everything?”

“No!” I shouted in my defense, ignoring the loud voice in my head screaming, Yes! That was my plan! I wanted you to hurt! “I could have cared less about being homecoming queen-“ I started but she cut me off.

“I don’t give a damn about homecoming queen anymore, I’m talking about Adam,” She reprimanded.

“Ugh, he asked me out. And I like him, so I said yes. Isn’t that how it’s supposed to work?” I shouted.

“Yeah, but earlier you said you didn’t even like him,” she fired back, “Why the sudden change of heart? Are you really that desperate for a guy to sleep with you?”

“You are making no sense!” I screamed at her, “And when did I ever say I didn’t like him. And why the hell would you think I wanted to sleep with anyone. Don’t answer that.”

She let out a cackle; I told you she was evil. “I overheard you talking to that one freak friend of yours, what’s her name,” Mackenzie trailed off, “Alexa or something like that.”

“It’s Alexis, moron, and she’s not a freak.” I defended my friend, forgetting that she wasn’t speaking to me at the moment.

“Does it matter?” Mackenzie spat, “You just—“

“No, don’t accuse me of anything.” I cut her off, “Just leave me the fuck alone and I’ll leave you alone. You’re not making sense so cut the crap,” I snapped. Mackenzie looked shocked.

“Fine, but you know this isn’t over,” she said firmly. I scoffed and turned on my heel, making my way to class. The bell had rang a minute ago, but I didn’t care. I entered the Spanish room and set my stuff down at my desk. Kevin gave me a questioning look, but I passed it off with a shrug; I wasn’t in the mood to talk.

The class period passed slowly, and I could feel Kevin’s eyes on me. An explanation would have to come at some point, but now was not the time. The teacher droned on about some pointless verb form for the rest of the hour, before the bell finally rang.

I jumped up from my seat, and tried to make a quick getaway before Kevin could ask me about anything. But thanks to the bottleneck effect at the door, I had to slow down, and not long after, Kevin caught up to me.

“Spill,” He commanded me.

“Why? So you can just shove back in my face how you think I made the wrong decision?” I spat. I had never been that mean to Kevin, but my patience was running low.

“What? Is that what you think?” he shrieked, hurt becoming evident in his voice.

“Everyone’s against me right now, why shouldn’t you be included in that?” I said casually, trying to tone down the bitterness in my voice. I didn’t want to hurt Kevin too.

“Hey, listen to me, I’m not going to ditch you just ‘cause you decided to date him. I’m not going to hide that I don’t like him, but there’s no need to take it out on you,” He explained, and I let it set in. I let a smile begin to show, before engulfing Kevin in a hug, which he gratefully returned.

“So you’ll stick by me?” I asked hopefully.

“Yes,” he replied before we parted ways for our next class, “Yes, I will.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so, so, so, so, SO sorry!!! I didn't mean for this chapter to take so long to get out!! I feel so bad about this, and I completely understand if you hate me or want to pelt me with rocks or tickle me. O_O

But, here it is. I wrote the first half of this chapter a few weeks ago, but then I just stopped. I had no interest to write, so it was like writers block, only, I knew what to write and how to write it, I was just too lazy and too preocupied to actually finish it. Idk, I'd like to promise that I'll get another one out within a week, but I'd probably break that promise.

Thank you all SO much, for putting up with my horrible updating skills. and thank you all so much for getting this story to NINE stars!!! I honestly never thought it would get this far compared to all the fanfictions. hehe, I love you all! =D

Peace&Love, Erin