Call Me Crazy

First Day

“Loser, get up!” an annoying voice pulled me from my sleep. I groaned and pulled the covers over my head when the voice whined again, “Niki, mom says you’re going to be late,” I purposely ignored Carolina and stayed in my warm bed until I heard her huff and leave my room.

I sighed and sat up, pulling my knees to my chin. It was the first day of school and I was nervous, despite the fact that I knew Alexis and the guys from the mall. This was the day that I would start my revenge. The first step was to intimidate them and see their reactions. After today, I could judge what else I needed to do. They made me miserable during middle school and freshmen year, and I was about to return that favor.

After taking a quick shower, I towel dried my black hair and stole a little of my sister’s gel that brought out natural waves. After changing into a pair of skinny black bondage pants and a hello kitty tank top, I grabbed my messenger bag and ran downstairs to find my sister waiting.

“Finally!” Carolina exclaimed, “I thought you would never drag your goth ass down here.”

“Where’s the ‘rents?” I asked looking around, ignoring her stupid comment.

“Dad’s at work and Mom’s upstairs getting ready. She said you had to drive me,” She informed, groaning at the last part. I rolled my eyes. I knew that we didn’t get along, but did she have to exaggerate how much she hated me?

“Then get in the car,” I said, slowly loosing my patience. The car ride to school was silent, both of us knowing that the moment one of us said anything; it could cause an eruption of an argument.

I parked the car and we stepped out. The campus was much larger than of the high school we went to in Green Bay, yet the school was the same as I remembered it. As we entered the building I felt stares upon us, well, mostly on me. Carolina was probably getting warm smiles.

We reached the front office without too many problems and without getting lost. I stepped up to the secretary’s desk and cleared my throat. She looked up at me, and then to Carolina.

“How may I help you?” she said. She had brown hair that was going Gray swooped up into a loose bun. Her cheekbones were the only youthful part of her features. Her blue eyes were tired and dark circles rimmed them. Despite her drained presence, her voice seemed enthusiastic.

“I’m Nichole Jacobson, and this is my sister, Carolina Jacobson,” I stated, “We’re new, can we have our schedules?” I asked that in a sweet voice, which received an exaggerated roll of the eyes from Carolina.

“Yes,” the secretary said, rummaging through some files, “Here we are. Your parents registered you two in advance, so everything’s taken care of,” she clipped, “You will start off in homeroom first thing every morning for a half an hour.” Carolina and I nodded, taking in all the information she was throwing at us, “Homeroom starts in ten minutes, so off you go. Both of you will receive a guide during your homeroom who will help you today. Have a nice day,” she finished with a smile.

“Thank you,” Carolina murmured as we left. Once we were out side the office, she broke out into a grin, “I think she enjoys her job to much.” I had to smile before turning to find my locker.

Finding it was easy, and I was glad that it was central to most of my classes. I organized my folders and books, before heading to homeroom. I turned a corner quickly and walked straight into someone.

“Watch where you’re going, freak,” an annoyed female voice said.
♠ ♠ ♠
aahh... aren't stereotypes fun to write about?
I love, love, love reviews.... *hint hint* ;P

Peace&Love, Erin