Status: On hiatus

Lost Rivals

Lost And Alone

Tillie Ilene blew out the candles on her tiny birthday cake and made a wish out loud. “I wish that I could find someone who would love me for who I am and I would never be alone…like I am now.” She sighed and stood up from the small chair she was sitting on and walked over to her window.

This was not the first birthday Tillie had spent alone. Ever since her parents had died exactly one year ago today, she had been forced to live with her twenty five year old brother Daniel who was a borderline alcoholic and was never at home. In all of her seventeen years, the only time she had felt more alone than she was now was at her parent’s funeral.

***

“Tillie oh my God you are not going to believe this!” Tillie’s best friend Jessica screamed excitedly from down the phone.

“What Jess? I hope it’s not one of your half baked schemes for meeting Green Day again.”

One thing about Jessica was that she was in love with the lead singer from the band Green Day, Billie Joe Armstrong; and Jess made any attempt she could at trying to meet them. Tillie didn’t really care about meeting anyone famous, the only thing that she wanted was someone who would care about her enough to want to look out for her.

“By the way Jess, did you remember what day it was?”

“Um, yeah Till of course I did! Today is the day that Billie Joe and I vow our love for one another! Meet me at the park in 10 minutes...oh yeah and happy birthday.” Now the conversation was over and Tillie sighed once again and made her way over to her pokey bedroom to get ready to see Jessica.

“About time you got here biatch!” Jess yelled as Tillie Ilene approached her best friend who was dressed in nothing more than a micro mini skirt, a boob tube and black hooker boots.

“Is your outfit meant to make Billie Joe cream his pants leave his wife and marry you?” Tillie scoffed half jokingly as she embraced her friend.

Jessica just merely brushed off this comment and giggled playfully. “Now,” Jess started, “Green Day are playing at Orange Globe Stadium tonight and I've got two tickets to their show so are you up for going?” Before Tillie Ilene had a chance to answer, Jessica rushed on. “So, then after they finish another glorious show and Billie, all covered in sweat, runs off backstage we make a break for it and head behind the stage and give a security guard a little something to let us back to where the hot boys are. What do you think sweetie??”

Tillie rolled her eyes and was about to object to this little plan that obviously wasn’t going to work but she knew better than to let Jess do these things alone and plus the worst thing that could happen is they are removed from the stadium and who cares? The show will be over anyway.