Status: On hiatus

Lost Rivals

Breakthrough

Tillie surveyed her surroundings for the millionth time that day. Adrienne had taken her into the office of her Adeline fashion label. Adrienne had taken special note of how well Tillie could throw together an outfit from nothing and thought a career in fashion design for a label run by her own family was an excellent way for her daughter to express herself. Tillie was thrilled by the idea.

Tillie Ilene had never been in a big corporate office before. It was so exciting! She saw so many models showing off Adrienne's designs. It was amazing. Tillie couldn’t help grinning at the fact that soon those models could be wearing an outfit SHE designed. It was a mind blowing thought for her.

She thought about the three weeks she had been living with the Armstrong’s. All in all, it was a really great experience. She had grown really fond of her little brothers Joey and Jakob and she was delighted when they had accepted her as one of their own. Tillie also was really happy to have a woman in her life like Adie. She had shown her so many things about life that Dianne had never bothered or had the time to talk to Tillie about.

“Sweetie, what do you think of this jacket? I feel there is something missing to this design.” Adrienne asked Tillie as they studied a rough drawing of a black leather jacket.

“I think that you should put buckles instead of press-studs,” Tillie began, “Also, the bottom should be elastic because no woman wants to wear a jacket that balloons at the bottom…”

Adrienne laughed. “I completely agree with you!”

***

Once Tillie and Adrienne left the office, they decided to go down to the coffee shop in Berkeley and have some lunch.

“Did you have a good time today, Till?” Adrienne asked as she took a bite of her strawberry doughnut.

“Yeah, I did it was great, I can’t believe that you and the other people actually liked my ideas. Thanks for that.” Tillie beamed as she bit into her own pineapple one.

“Don’t thank me. It’s all you that comes up with those ideas; you deserve a pat on the back!”

Both ladies laughed as Tillie mock patted herself on the back.

“I've had such a great time these past weeks, Tillie, I'm so glad we found you…” Adrienne whispered and took her daughter’s hand.

“Yeah, I'm glad you found me too…Mum.”