Status: On hiatus

Lost Rivals

Just Amazing

Tillie and Jessica were sitting around Jessica’s comfortable sized house all dressed up and ready to go as soon as the clock struck 5pm. The actual show began at 6:30pm but the girls wanted to get there early and find their seats well before everyone else got there so they could avoid the hustle and bustle of the thousands congregating to the great show ahead of them.

“55, 56, 57…” Jess was steadily counting down the seconds until she would be seeing her icons and the man of her dreams, Billie Joe. Five o’ clock soon came around and in next to no time the girls were being driven to Orange Globe Stadium by Jessica’s dad Jimmy.

“Have fun girls, call me when it’s over and I’ll come and pick you both up.” He smiled and kissed his daughter goodbye while Tillie watched with jealousy in her eyes.

She wished that she still had a father to fuss over her and take her places and who loved her enough to even want to do those things. The only family Tillie Ilene had left was Daniel and he was always off at parties getting drunk and high, she hadn’t even seen him since last Monday and today was Saturday!

***

Jessica and Tillie entered the large round stadium and quickly found their seats but they weren't even sitting down for five minutes before Jess jumped up and announced that she was going around to the center of the outskirts of the stadium to buy a whole lot of Green Day merchandise because as she put it “I want to have Billie Joe’s gorgeous face forever preserved on material.” Tillie decided to sit and wait in the almost empty stadium but once Jessica was gone for more than ten minutes, she decided to take a grand tour of the whole area. She found nothing extremely exciting about what the place looked like and began to walk back to her seat and was delighted to see Jessica sitting there already sipping a large coke while holding armfuls of Green Day t-shirts and jackets.

***

The concert was amazing as usual. Billie Joe, Mike and Tre put every ounce of energy they had into making the best show of a life time. They began with 'American Idiot' and everyone screamed their lungs out and was jumping up and down. But no one jumped as high or screamed as loud as Jessica Holiday. In the middle of the show Green Day sung 'Knowledge' while having fans from the crowd playing their instruments.

“Oh what I’d give to be up their playing Billie’s guitar and having him whisper ever so softly into my ear.” Jessica lamented.

Tillie Ilene pushed her playfully and winked at her. As the Green Day boys sang the last note on their last song for the evening, 'Good Riddance' the whole stadium was filled with tears and lights from everyone’s mobile phones and glow sticks. Jessica was sobbing into one of her many, many Green Day jackets.

She was startled when the dark night sky from the open roof of Orange Globe was lit up by hundreds of coloured explosions. Every fan there looked up at the spectacular display of fireworks to finish off a perfect evening nicely.

Suddenly Jess snapped to attention. “Tills we have to make our move backstage now!” She practically squeaked with excitement and tugged on Tillie’s black jacket signaling her to move from her spot. Tillie Ilene nodded and they both shoved past everyone who was still watching the magnificent light display.

"I dont think this is such a good idea," Tillie muttered, “I have a really bad feeling about this Jess…”