Status: On hiatus

Lost Rivals

Understanding

Tillie was so confused. From that first meeting with the old man, she learned how to entertain a never ending stream of men who were unsatisfied with their own wives and enlisted in the help of the old man’s business of girls ready to do anything for a fee of $50 and an extra $10 for anything else. This greatly disgusted Tillie, but it was still money for her and it kept her and Daniel together.

The old man eventually told Tillie that she could never leave this career because of the fact that if he let Tillie go, she could go to the police and put him in jail. So Tillie continued to work for the man and work with the never ending stream of desperate males who were even more desperate for half an hour with Tinkerbelle.

Though, one day, Tillie’s silver lining shone through when she came down with a severe case of pneumonia and could not work. The man told Tillie that if she promised to keep quiet forever, she wouldn’t have to come back to work…

END FLASHBACK...

***

Tillie snapped back to reality as a mosquito buzzed around her face. She was so overwhelmed by everything that had happened to her in such a short period of time that even something as small as a mosquito caused her to sob.

Tillie began to think back to last year once again. She thought back to school, when her fellow pupils would ask her why she had so much money. She remembered always having to lie and say that she worked far away in the city. If anyone had have found out about her dirty little secret, she would’ve just died. The only person who knew was Jessica.

As she continued to sob, she thought about leaving the Armstrong’s without so much as a goodbye after they had been so good to her. They were her family. It was even sadder for her because she had just fit in so well and was growing to love them and now she was back here, with no way out.

Suddenly, something happened that made Tillie’s eyes well up with tears of glee…