Status: On hiatus

Lost Rivals

The Test

**TILLIE’S P.O.V**

Okay, so let’s back up a bit.

After hearing all that information from Billie Joe claiming to be my father, I decided to have the DNA test done with him so we could prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that everything he had told me was true. So, he called Adrienne and told her that he had “Found our first baby after all these years!” She of course, was ecstatic and couldn’t wait to meet me again if everything turned out to be true.

Adrienne said that she hadn’t seen me since I was three, just a tiny baby!

“Come on Tillie,” Billie informed me the day after we had spoken at Orange Globe stadium. He had shown up on my doorstep true to his word at 8am sharp.

Billie Joe was dancing around and fidgeting the whole time while I got ready for this memorable occasion. He was rather impatient because he really could not wait to see if I was indeed his daughter or not. I, on the other hand, was extremely nervous and kind of apprehensive, but I knew this was something I just had to do.

Once I was ready, I stepped out into my darkish living room.

I smiled as Billie’s face lit up.

“You look just like your mother, Tillie.”

I continued to smile, kind of embarrassed at his comment and motioned for him to follow me out the front door and into his shiny black BMW.

We did not speak much on the fifteen minute drive to Reckitt Pathology. We basically made small talk about what Green Day’s next project was going to be and how I was finding school, when I decided to attend. Billie Joe spoke to me about what would happen if the results were positive.

“Okay, so Tillie, can you make a deal with me?” He asked, his eyes never leaving the road ahead of him.

I just nodded my head and muttered something along the lines of agreement.

“Tillie Ilene, if the results come back positive will you come back to Oakland with me and meet Adie, Joey and Jakob?” Once those words left his mouth he frowned a little and his knuckles turned white as he gripped the steering wheel harder, intent on hearing my answer, and what was I going to say?

If i had a whole new family somehow, it would sort of be my duty to meet them I guess.

“Sure Billie, if you guys are really my biological family then I’d love to meet you all. If the test if positive I will come back to Oakland with you, but I'm not making any promises that I’ll stay forever.” I replied.

I looked at Billie Joe and he seemed much more relieved and smiled. “Thanks, that’s all we can ask of you.”

As we pulled into the car park of Reckitt Pathology, I began to get very nervous. So nervous in fact that I thought I would pass out. I mean, what if Billie was really my dad? Everything would become so complicated and how could I deal with that? But oh well, I would find a way, after all I am a fighter.

***

The walk inside the massive white building seemed like it was a walk across some kind of desert. Neither Billie Joe nor I uttered a word.

We even stayed completely silent while we waited in the waiting room. Suddenly I had a question that I felt I needed to ask.

“Umm, Billie, how did you get an appointment here so quickly, I mean some people wait months for a paternity test, and you get one straight away?”

Billie turned his head towards me and gave me a crooked grin. “I can do anything I want, I'm Billie Joe Armstrong!”

I snorted and punched him in the arm softly. His sense of humor was a lot like my own; dry and sarcastic.

It seemed like we were waiting for years and suddenly we heard:

“Armstrong?”

We both kind of jumped and I gulped. I stood up shakily and noticed Billie was perspiring quite a lot. We were directed into a medium sized, sterile looking white room and told to sit down and wait for Doctor Richard to see us.

“Now, Miss Stevenson and Mr. Armstrong, this won’t take very long, I just need to take a blood sample and a saliva sample and then it will take half an hour for the results to come up, our testing is 99.9% accurate. Hope I have cleared everything up now, but do you have any other questions?” Doctor Richard looked from Billie to me and then back again.

He reminded me of Santa Claus, a long white beard and a protruding gut.

“No, no questions here.” Billie answered for both us and Dr. Richard clapped his hands together and told us to get ready to begin.

If anyone knows me at all they will know that I am absolutely petrified of needles and I had to receive one today for them to obtain a blood sample. Lucky for me I was far too nervous to cry and did not make a fool of myself.

However, Billie Joe would beg to differ.

As soon as the needle neared his vein he began to whimper like a puppy dog and his eyes glazed over with tears. Once the needle pierced his arm he screamed “OWWWW!” and I couldn’t help but laugh at him and I could see that Dr. Richard was about to do the same thing but stopped himself just in time.

Now the test was over and we were sent back into the almost empty waiting room to await our results. Billie Joe clasped my hand the whole time we sat there. I was ready to pull my hand away but something in Billie’s eyes told me to keep a hold.

After what seemed like an eternity, a young nurse with blonde hair approached us and kneeled down in front of Billie Joe and I.

“The test results are in, Mr. Armstrong, Miss Stevenson,” She looked hard at both of us. I nodded my head and squeezed Billie’s hand even tighter.

Billie could not take the nurse’s long pause anymore and spoke so urgently, “Please, tell us the results now, is Tillie my daughter, or isn’t she??”