Status: On hiatus

Lost Rivals

Family Reunion

Before Tillie and Billie boarded the private Green Day jet, Tillie was worrying about what she was going to be forced to chat to Billie Joe about on the trip back home. Fortunately for her, the only thing that Billie asked of her was to pass him the pillow in the head compartment, and then he slept the whole time.

This opportunity for quiet time gave Tillie Ilene for some much needed solitude. These past few days had just gone by in a blur of black and white for her, she hadn't even spoken to Jessica since the whole Billie Joe finds long lost daughter thing began!

Tillie Ilene reached between her knees for her red carry-on bag and removed her black shiny laptop. Her one luxury had been her beloved laptop, her access to a world beyond her drab city. As the internet connected, Tillie hoped that Jessica was on MSN Messenger so that they could finally chat.

Success! Jess was online!

JessxGreenxDayxFreak: Oh my God, hey stranger where are you? You haven’t been at school!

Tillz: Yeah…You are not going to believe where I am. I’m on Billie’s jet on the way to Oakland. Guess what?

JessxGreenxDayxFreak: There’s more?!?!

Tillz: He is my dad. That’s how he knows me…

JessxGreenxDayxFreak: AAAHHH! Why didn’t you tell me I want to come!!! Ewwww he’s your dad you lucky biatch! You're lucky you’re not the one who wanted him haha!

Tillz: Umm, okay, I just wanted to tell you that I probably won’t be at school for a while because I’m going to live with him and all. I have to do this on my own but I promise I’ll talk to you again soon.

JessxGreenxDayxFreak: Okay you better! Later Tillie I love you!!!!

Tillz has signed off.

***

As Tillie put her laptop away, she felt two different emotions collide. One was excitement and the other one was guilt. Guilt for leaving Daniel and Jessica back at home without warning, but also this was a brand new adventure for her. She had this whole ‘real’ family that she never knew about. From the way Billie had briefly described Adrienne and her little brothers to her, they seemed like a nice bunch of people. Hmm, maybe this wasn’t going to be so bad after all.

Suddenly a hoarse male voice crackled over the speakers waking Billie Joe from his slumber; “We will be touching down in Oakland in five minutes, so make sure you grab all your possessions and watch that last step. Thanks for flying with us again!”

Five minutes later Billie Joe was shuffling down the isle with Tillie in tow. He didn’t speak to her because he wanted her to gain the full shock of seeing her family. He didn’t want her to have any idea about who they were. He had only told Till that Adrienne and the boys would love to meet her and they would love her.

Tillie stepped out of the plane and surveyed her surroundings. The air was warm and crisp. Her eyes darted from person to person when suddenly she noticed a woman with black dreadlocks rushing towards her and Billie.

“Billie, I have missed you so much babe!”

She jumped into his arms and covered Billie’s smiling face in kisses. After a little while Adrienne abruptly turned her head towards Tillie; “Is this her? Is this my baby?” Adie’s eyes welled up with tears.

It was all Tillie could do to keep from crying along with this woman as she looked down at the ground. Adie removed herself from Billie Joe’s iron grip and stood in front of Tillie with tears now pouring down her face.

“Tillie, it’s really you!”

“Yeah that’s me. Nice to meet you…Adrienne.”

Adrienne’s chocolate brown eyes connected with Tillie’s bright green eyes and there was an instant bond formed that could only be described as the relationship between a mother and her daughter.

Tillie Ilene and Adrienne Ilene just stood there, staring at each other for God knows how long before they began to hug. Hug, and cry. Right there in the middle of the airport with everyone looking. But neither of them cared. Tillie knew deep in her heart that this woman was indeed her mother and she was finally home.

Home.